Next Fusion spied

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

FRAP should be able build export cars for other markets, especially those served by USMCA trade agreement. 

Maybe some but I thought that was a big driver behind Hermosillo and Oakville - exporting from the US was not feasible to most places.

Exporting cars from US pretty much only makes sense to places where we have free trade deals that also happens to like big vehicles. The list is a pretty short one: Canada, Mexico, Korea, Australia, GCC (Middle East countries).

Australia is RHD so most of the products are off limits. Korea has no tariff on American cars but no one has any success selling in what is basically a Hyundai fortress market with 70% market share. GCC loves big trucks and SUVs but they like Toyota a lot more than Ford. 

Mustang has been the except to the rule. Ford has been able to sell Mustang pretty much everywhere it wants to sell it. They do a good job controlling supply so it is always in high demand.

9 hours ago, akirby said:

Maybe some but I thought that was a big driver behind Hermosillo and Oakville - exporting from the US was not feasible to most places.

At one time, possibly, but with the success of Bronco Sport, Maverick and production of Transit Connect being moved there, it would seem that Hermosillo will soon be maxed out. Oakville will have BEV product so that leaves FRAP for export duty if seen as a viable option. And since Mondeo is Fusion and Fusion is Mondeo, it would not take much to bring in the RHD components to perform final assembly of RHD Fusion (and what the hell, since I am suggesting export, also build Mondeo there) for export to other world markets where sedans are still selling in good numbers.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

At one time, possibly, but with the success of Bronco Sport, Maverick and production of Transit Connect being moved there, it would seem that Hermosillo will soon be maxed out. Oakville will have BEV product so that leaves FRAP for export duty if seen as a viable option. And since Mondeo is Fusion and Fusion is Mondeo, it would not take much to bring in the RHD components to perform final assembly of RHD Fusion (and what the hell, since I am suggesting export, also build Mondeo there) for export to other world markets where sedans are still selling in good numbers.

The issue is trade agreements and import taxes, not parts. 

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

A shame, this might be an interesting product in the U.S.:burlappcar-ford-1.jpgburlappcar-ford-2.jpg

Yo, are those official design sketches? If so, I'm stunned, because you usually don't see those until the product is revealed. If that's just a series of speculative sketches from an independent designer, well done my friend.

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Looks like it could be a nice all electric Lincoln sport sedan to go against Model S, Lucid Air, and Porsche Taycan. 

I think performance products should remain within the ford brand. Super high end luxury products is where Lincoln should play. Performance doesn't not fit the Lincoln brand at all, especially with the direction Lincoln is going in.

15 minutes ago, 92merc said:

The only issue with the 1.5 3 cylinder EB is NVH complaints.  I haven't heard one personally.

Yeah, people love to complain. People are already saying the maverick will be unreliable despite the fact that the hybrid system used in the maverick has a reputation for being virtually unkillable. People also say my car, a 2017 explorer with a 3.5 duratec is going to start having issues any day now. 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I think performance products should remain within the ford brand. Super high end luxury products is where Lincoln should play. Performance doesn't not fit the Lincoln brand at all, especially with the direction Lincoln is going in.

Most electrics are very fast performance oriented or not. And Lincoln has never really been performance oriented except for a "hot rod" Lincoln every now and then. So a luxury sedan that is full electric like Lucid Air sedan will be very fast even though it's more about "quiet luxury" as Lincoln likes to say. Can't get more quiet and fast than full electric.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Most electrics are very fast performance oriented or not. And Lincoln has never really been performance oriented except for a "hot rod" Lincoln every now and then. So a luxury sedan that is full electric like Lucid Air sedan will be very fast even though it's more about "quiet luxury" as Lincoln likes to say. Can't get more quiet and fast than full electric.

I don't think giving Lincoln's a lot of power is a bad idea. I'm just saying I don't think marketing Lincoln's as sporty or performance oriented fits the brand. By comparison, making Ford evs that are crazy fast, while making Lincoln evs that are crazy luxurious, would allow both brands to further distinguish themselves from one another.

7 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Looks like it could be a nice all electric Lincoln sport sedan to go against Model S, Lucid Air, and Porsche Taycan. 

Grille too large and it has exhaust openings to be electric.  The long hood and short deck lid could work as a 4 door Mustang.

There is no mystery to it. This is literally the trunked version of Evos with normal ride height.

I posted the side by side photos of the preproduction prototype Mondeo sedan and Evos on page 1... they look identical except for the ride height and trunk vs. hatchback.

Same hood, same grille, same headlights, same LED driving lights, same greenhouse (shares all the windows except the rear hatch), same fenders, same doors, same crease that runs from the rear door thru the gas cap and blend into the taillight. The only thing different is there is no black wheel arch trims to hide the jacked up ride height. 

1906469857_Mustangsaloon1.thumb.jpg.c4cacb6d6bd5e46f0915c51b73ba52f2.jpg.5bcb858353577b42619944958ef6b25a.jpg1024x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChxkjmFv7B2AHw49AF0WZG3Lg1g768.thumb.jpg.52d8ed85def2a220f2ada119db5a7130.jpg

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

Size comparison... it's almost the same size as the Chinese Taurus.

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/202111/1223456.html#pvareaid=102624

全新一代蒙迪欧尺寸对比
车型  Length 长(mm) Width 宽(mm)  Height 高(mm)  WB 轴距(mm)
Mondeo Current 4873 1852 1470 2850
Mondeo New 4935 1875 1500 2945
Taurus 5018 1884 1506 2949
Edited by bzcat