22 Explorer order confirmed

Our dealer notified me the order ( Canadian ) I placed with him the morning of Sept. 20, priority # 16 is confirmed and VIN supplied, scheduled for Nov. 8 build with an eta at his dealership Nov. 22. 

Now my buddy that got me x plan pricing ordered exact same vehicle, Rapid red ltd. Tow pkg. Start stop delete but sandstone interior to my black, ordered his that same day but in the afternoon priority 17. Confirmed order VIN issued same build date Nov. 8 but is eta'd at the dealership a week earlier on Nov. 15. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, st8 said:

US here.  Originally scheduled for Nov 8 production but was moved back to nov 15.  

Yes, looks like all previously scheduled 2022's were pushed back a week. Job 1 changed from 11-1 to 11-8

10 hours ago, RPD said:

Yes, looks like all previously scheduled 2022's were pushed back a week. Job 1 changed from 11-1 to 11-8

Yeah unfortunately. Not terribly surprised though.  I wonder how long it takes once production to get to the dealer.  

Well my buddy e-mailed to let me know his explorer that window stickered Nov. 2nd, showed on Ford Vehicle order tracking as being built this past Friday Nov.12. I think that's pretty respectable. Mine, stickered Nov. 3rd, not yet. So will this be a blue Monday or will Ford turn a frown upside down. Now as mentioned in first couple of posts, above the dealer originally said his was supposed to be delivered to dealer Nov. 15 and mine Nov. 22. I'm not sure if that means "the week of" or not.

Ford order tracker shows mine built Nov. 14, awaiting shipment. Expected delivery Nov. 26 and my buddies is Nov. 24. I told him I was pretty sure they would hold the carrier for me. Less than an 8 hour run away now. Winter tires and wheels waiting. I tell ya I'm going to miss the Lexus GS !

Further investigation shows both vehicles delivered to dealer Friday Nov. 19. Being a small town dealership service only is open today, Sat.  Until noon. Looks like a short drive monday to drop off my new wheels to get the snows mounted and installed prior to pickup. 2 months from order to drop at dealership in the midst of all thats going on is pretty impressive!

11 hours ago, ohsown said:

Further investigation shows both vehicles delivered to dealer Friday Nov. 19. Being a small town dealership service only is open today, Sat.  Until noon. Looks like a short drive monday to drop off my new wheels to get the snows mounted and installed prior to pickup. 2 months from order to drop at dealership in the midst of all thats going on is pretty impressive!

Wait so how long did it take from “shipped” to arrival at dealership?  Mine shipped 11/19 and they’re telling me 12/5-12/11. Going to PA. 

I dont know yhe actual date shipped as the order tracker shows no ship date.  But the built date of Nov. 14  (which then showed a 26th delivery)

Then arrived on the 19th on the same truck as his. I believe it showed shipped on 15 or 16. Also by truck from Chicago to our dealer is less than 8 hours. Their suggested delivery dates allow lots of room for unknown delays. Also their delivery date may mean from the dealer to customer after dealer prep. I bet your vehicle will be in PA long before what they show. My friend took the 10 minute drive to the dealer and saw ours and and also a black LTD on the lot. Did his inspection ( they were perfect) and snapped some photos to send me

3 hours ago, ohsown said:

I bet your vehicle will be in PA long before what they show. My friend took the 10 minute drive to the dealer and saw ours and and also a black LTD on the lot. Did his inspection ( they were perfect) and snapped some photos to send me

Wow! Pretty surprising to see an LTD on the lot since they haven't been made for 30+ years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok thanks. Yeah my build date was 11/16. The tracker doesn’t show a date for the ship date either but I received the shipped email confirmation on 11/19. 

it’s a 11hr drive from the plant to my dealer. 

well I hope you’re right! So excited to finally get this vehicle.  

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the new ride Nov. 26, so just over a week of driving and settling in. A big technology change from 2014 when we bought our last one and that is a learning curve. Some of this I will never use. Burnt some gas idling in the driveway figuring it out but I know some refreshers will be required by the time I need the cruise control and the adaptive part I have a brake and gas pedal that has always worked for me. Only a half tank of gas used at this point and only one minor irritation, being the rear window washer, when activated the blade makes a pass before the washer fluid hits the glass. Not the best on  mud sprayed glass. Thats all which is amazing all things considered. Pretty happy so far.