Exclusive Cash Reward

mitch42

I ordered a 22 F150 from a dealer that is offering 5% off invoice on a order. After I placed the order I got a exclusive cash reward offer in the mail that will expire Jan 3. I ask the dealer about incentive protection and his response was  (Ford has not issued any notifications on incentive protection, that incentive from Ford should be reissued if not used by the expiration date.) I then ask him to clarify that and his response was ( I cannot help you with that at this time, I just don't know ) Is this something that the dealership handles or do I have to contact Ford about it.

Thanks 

From my experience the dealer was able to "lock in" my cash reward at the time of order and then the expiration date didn't matter.  I have done this several times with multiple dealers.  That being said it was used at the time of order and yours isn't so not sure if they can add it now.  Even if they can't it may be worth canceling your order and placing another order with the PCO applied.

7 hours ago, J-Hop said:

From my experience the dealer was able to "lock in" my cash reward at the time of order and then the expiration date didn't matter.  I have done this several times with multiple dealers.  That being said it was used at the time of order and yours isn't so not sure if they can add it now.  Even if they can't it may be worth canceling your order and placing another order with the PCO applied.

I am going to cancel my order today and place it with someone else that will apply it

Thanks

On 10/31/2021 at 8:30 AM, mitch42 said:

I ordered a 22 F150 from a dealer that is offering 5% off invoice on a order. After I placed the order I got a exclusive cash reward offer in the mail that will expire Jan 3. I ask the dealer about incentive protection and his response was  (Ford has not issued any notifications on incentive protection, that incentive from Ford should be reissued if not used by the expiration date.) I then ask him to clarify that and his response was ( I cannot help you with that at this time, I just don't know ) Is this something that the dealership handles or do I have to contact Ford about it.

Thanks 

Hi mitch42. Incentive protection is only available for publicly available incentives. If by "exclusive cash reward" you mean a personal cash incentive that you received with a brochure request or something similar, then no, it can not be used after the expiration date.

The Dealer has no leeway and can not price protect it, since it will not be accepted by Ford and they will have to eat the loss. The only entity that can extend it past the expiration date is Ford themselves.

There is no reason for the Dealer to lie or not accept it, since Ford covers the expense of that personal cash offer (if that is what you have).

However, you can contact Ford Customer Service and see if there is anything they can do to lock it in, or perhaps compensate you in some other manner.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

20 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi mitch42. Incentive protection is only available for publicly available incentives. If by "exclusive cash reward" you mean a personal cash incentive that you received with a brochure request or something similar, then no, it can not be used after the expiration date.

The Dealer has no leeway and can not price protect it, since it will not be accepted by Ford and they will have to eat the loss. The only entity that can extend it past the expiration date is Ford themselves.

There is no reason for the Dealer to lie or not accept it, since Ford covers the expense of that personal cash offer (if that is what you have).

However, you can contact Ford Customer Service and see if there is anything they can do to lock it in, or perhaps compensate you in some other manner.

Mine says ( Place order or take delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealers stock by 1/3/22 )

I am assuming that means I could order on 1/2/22 and still get the incentive 

5 hours ago, mitch42 said:

Mine says ( Place order or take delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealers stock by 1/3/22 )

I am assuming that means I could order on 1/2/22 and still get the incentive 

Hi Mitch. Yes, a Personal Cash Offer (PCO) incentive, and all Incentives, are good for exactly what they state. So if that is what it states, then as long as an order is placed by 1/3/22, the incentive will still be valid and accepted by Ford when you take delivery at a later date.

In the past, there was usually no incentive price protection after the expiration date for Personal Cash Offers. We had to take delivery by the specified date. Looks like Ford/Lincoln are now extending price protection for PCO's (as akriby also mentioned) due to the pandemic induced shortages. Perhaps your Dealer had not seen a PCO like that before, and therefore is not aware of the new "Place order or take delivery by..." offers.

So, the next questions would be: You should have a certificate, email or some sort of written verification? Did you go to the Dealership and show it to them? Or did you only talk to them over the phone?

Whether an offer is "accepted' by Ford is easy. The Dealer runs the promotion code through the system before or when they place the order. It will either be accepted or not. There is no "maybe/maybe not".

If you showed a certificate/email to them, did they still state they could not give you price protection?

If that is the case, it may be because you placed the order before you received the Personal Cash incentive and they are not explaining themselves properly. An order is a contract. So perhaps the Dealer was trying to tell you that the current order may need to be cancelled and a new order placed in order to honor the incentive. Obviously just guessing here.

Have you already cancelled the current order and gone to another dealer and paced the order? That would take care of the problem. The other option is to show the current Dealer the offer and see what they say (if you did not already do that).

I have a feeling this may simply be a misunderstanding about a new policy. Or you may need to cancel the current purchase order for the PCO to be applied. Either way, this should be able to be straightened out with a call by the Dealer to Ford, and/or a call to Ford Customer Relations by you.

Either way, be sure your PCO is honored, either by this Dealer or a new one.

Hope what I wrote is understandable.

Edited by bbf2530

7 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Mitch. Yes, a Personal Cash Offer (PCO) incentive, and all Incentives, are good for exactly what they state. So if that is what it states, then as long as an order is placed by 1/3/22, the incentive will still be valid and accepted by Ford when you take delivery at a later date.

In the past, there was usually no incentive price protection after the expiration date for Personal Cash Offers. We had to take delivery by the specified date. Looks like Ford/Lincoln are now extending price protection for PCO's (as akriby also mentioned) due to the pandemic induced shortages. Perhaps your Dealer had not seen a PCO like that before, and therefore is not aware of the new "Place order or take delivery by..." offers.

So, the next questions would be: You should have a certificate, email or some sort of written verification? Did you go to the Dealership and show it to them? Or did you only talk to them over the phone?

Whether an offer is "accepted' by Ford is easy. The Dealer runs the promotion code through the system before or when they place the order. It will either be accepted or not. There is no "maybe/maybe not".

If you showed a certificate/email to them, did they still state they could not give you price protection?

If that is the case, it may be because you placed the order before you received the Personal Cash incentive and they are not explaining themselves properly. An order is a contract. So perhaps the Dealer was trying to tell you that the current order may need to be cancelled and a new order placed in order to honor the incentive. Obviously just guessing here.

Have you already cancelled the current order and gone to another dealer and paced the order? That would take care of the problem. The other option is to show the current Dealer the offer and see what they say (if you did not already do that).

I have a feeling this may simply be a misunderstanding about a new policy. Or you may need to cancel the current purchase order for the PCO to be applied. Either way, this should be able to be straightened out with a call by the Dealer to Ford, and/or a call to Ford Customer Relations by you.

Either way, be sure your PCO is honored, either by this Dealer or a new one.

Hope what I wrote is understandable.

I will call the new dealer tomorrow and make sure it has been applied. From what I have been hearing the truck I ordered is going to be awhile anyway (black appearance package) so If I have to cancel again I will

Thanks    

1 hour ago, mitch42 said:

I will call the new dealer tomorrow and make sure it has been applied. From what I have been hearing the truck I ordered is going to be awhile anyway (black appearance package) so If I have to cancel again I will

Thanks    

Hi mitch. Don't you have a Purchase Order/Contract with the final pricing breakdown? If you ordered a vehicle from a Dealer, you should have a signed/finalized Purchase Order/Contract with all the pricing, discounts, Incentives, any accessories, taxes, final price etc. And that Purchase Order/Contract would already list/show all Incentives being applied.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get confirmation on how the PCO can be applied to an order or if it can just be applied on delivery (as long as ordered prior to offer expiration)?  Multiple dealers are telling me that any incentives at the time of delivery can be applied then, but none of them know how to “apply” the cash award at the time of order.  I am a bit shocked Ford doesn’t explain to dealers how to use these awards/offers properly.

I ordered back in September, sent my PCO to my dealer mid October and was told it would be honored even though delivery probably wouldn't meet the deadline, which it didn't. Looking like mid March right now (scheduled build week of 2/14). I think the dealers have some leeway here on how to apply if they know what they are doing. It would be silly to have to cancel an order that was made two weeks prior to receiving a PCO to just re-order and apply, but it sounds like that's what a lot of dealers are saying has to happen.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, txsd said:

Did you ever get confirmation on how the PCO can be applied to an order or if it can just be applied on delivery (as long as ordered prior to offer expiration)?  Multiple dealers are telling me that any incentives at the time of delivery can be applied then, but none of them know how to “apply” the cash award at the time of order.  I am a bit shocked Ford doesn’t explain to dealers how to use these awards/offers properly.

I used my PCO when I ordered my 2021 Ranger 2/1/2021. It was itemized on my sales worksheet (white form) together with the regular regional rebate in effect at the time

(PCO $1250+RTD $750 = $2000). When I picked up the truck 5/5/2021 both were summarized on the Retail Purchase Agreement (yellow form) and nothing had changed. I would've been able to take advantage of any increase of the factory rebate or additional regional incentives at the time of delivery also.

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

The bottom item on the purchase agreement is where a lot of controversy lies today. Be sure such a box or statement is not checked or initialed if using a purchase order when ordering a vehicle I blocked out  my personal info, but the PCO & RTD were deducted before the sales tax was calculated ("g"). 

Edited by Chrisgb
add info, clarification.