Poll- rate your total 22 SD purchasing experience

Total experience buying your SD  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your total experience on buying your 22SD, from ordering all the way up to driving it home.

• A+ Seamless and Flawless no issues
    • A Maybe an issue or two but still not a bad experience
    • B Had many issues but still not a bad experience
    • C One or two issues, a not good experience
    • D Had many issues, real bad experience
    • F Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, not happy
    • (Catastrophic) wish I would have gone with Chevy or Dodge

So how did the complete transaction go from start to finish for you. 

Other than my own anxiousness and impatience I am very happy with the truck and the experience.

Have not had any issues with the truck, my sales guy was awesome to deal with and  very honest and straightforward, financing was a breeze. I told the guy that comes in that trys to sell you service plans and extended warranties that I'm slapping the supercharger on it so warranties will be voided and I do my own service work so maintenance plans are worthless to me...

Even he said ok and left it alone. I was done with him in 45 seconds.

Entire paperwork time took 5 minutes.

I give my dealer (hilbish ford) and Ford an A+

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

I give Ford an A+, Dealer financing an A+, Sales a F!

Everything was going good until the final sales. I was trading in a 2017 F150 that was flawless. Had extra goodies that were factory or dealer installed. Could sell it for the very top dollar (which they did). I probably could have sold it myself but no time. The truck had just gone out of warranty by a month. Sales tried to lo-ball me by saying the price he was offering was because the warranty had just expired. Truck originally bought there and serviced there. 

Then they told me the paper I was filling out was to expedite the paperwork. Then when my wife showed up, she told same. They actually ran our credit when they knew it was a cash transaction. What a shady sales group (West Hills Ford). I will NEVER deal with them again.

Dealer experience was Fine, Ford experience was trash and still is trash.  Missing and damaged parts (cosmetic) that still have not been repaired in 72 days of ownership.  Ford has been absolutely useless, so I can't really blame the dealer for this.  

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think I had to high of expectations on how this should work. Once I placed my order, I never heard from the sales guy or anyone at the dealership unless I had a question and even then it was the typical, my Manager says BS. I wanted to make a change a couple weeks after I placed the order and WELL before the actual build date. I even told them about the info I had read on these forums stating it wasn't easy, but could be done. All I got was, you're to far along in the build process. That was in August and my truck wasn't built until mid October. Once it was built, I asked if the could send me a copy of the VVR. Nope, I was told they would let me know when it was on the truck headed to the dealership. I still have yet to hear from them and it was delivered on Tuesday of this week per Ford. I have left messages, emails and texts, and have received crickets. I can only I hope I get my usual survey about the experience.

• Like 1

I began my F-350 ordering experience with the local Ford dealership nearest me (Bessemer, AL). I have bought more vehicles there than I can count since it opened in 2001, so no-brainer, or so I thought. My best way to sum up the ordering process at Town and Country Ford was as follows:

1) Sales guy assumed, I guess, that it was a "definite sale" given my history, so, offered no incentives, and REALLY low-balled my trade (2013 F-150 STX, less than 100k miles). 

2) Got 2 crucial items on my order build sheet wrong, one being the color. Also "added" an option "for me" that I didn't want. Good thing I reviewed it.

3) When I mentioned checking for a PCO, totally blew me off, then much later said I had one that was "about $1000". 

Needless to say, I then approached Long Lewis Ford in Hoover, AL (about 15 miles away). Process was seamless, sales guy was also kinda a "car guy", which is really rare, at least in my experiences. Most importantly, they worked really hard to earn my business. Offered $1000 off MSRP, matched a $500 rebate, let me know about my $2000 PCO when it came in. (I knew about it already, but it was nice of him to let me know anyway) They also got all the options (and color) correct the first time. When my truck was shipped, I went in and they pulled up the entire VVR so I could see the rail car number to keep up with tracking. Ordered May 17, drove it home from the dealer Sept. 14. Nothing negative to say about my (2nd) Dealer experience from start to finish.

I can only speculate as to the first sales guy's issues, other than what was stated above. I ordered a F-350 XLT regular cab 2wd 7.3, MSRP was $45,650. One guess was that the profit margin on a non diesel, non-Super or CrewCab wasn't enough for him to bother with. Either way, it was worth the wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my F-350 SRW CC Platinum with AS from largest dealer in town on 4-22-21. Dealt with Truck Manager directly and other than the emails from Ford I never heard from him unless I drove to the dealership and asked for info in person. Truck build date was pushed back every month, original build date was 7-26-21. I asked him to drop the AS repeatedly and he said it was not possible because of being scheduled. Grade F

Ordered 2nd truck minus the AS from smaller dealer (Chatsworth Ford) on 9-20-21. Salesmen gave me weekly updates without requesting, truck was scheduled 3 weeks after ordering and delivered 8 weeks (11-15-21) from the day I ordered it. Grade A+

Ford Motor Company Grade A Because of everything going on with Supply Chain Issues.

Edited by Chris E
Added date
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, IDVandal said:

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think I had to high of expectations on how this should work. Once I placed my order, I never heard from the sales guy or anyone at the dealership unless I had a question and even then it was the typical, my Manager says BS. I wanted to make a change a couple weeks after I placed the order and WELL before the actual build date. I even told them about the info I had read on these forums stating it wasn't easy, but could be done. All I got was, you're to far along in the build process. That was in August and my truck wasn't built until mid October. Once it was built, I asked if the could send me a copy of the VVR. Nope, I was told they would let me know when it was on the truck headed to the dealership. I still have yet to hear from them and it was delivered on Tuesday of this week per Ford. I have left messages, emails and texts, and have received crickets. I can only I hope I get my usual survey about the experience.

IDVandal, did you buy in Idaho?  I placed my order with Corwin Ford in Nampa, and my experience has been about like yours.  Zero communication from the dealership, even when I send them emails or texts.  I actually had to drive down to the dealership to get them to acknowledge a couple of changes I wanted to make to my order.  Pretty frustrating that they treat customers this way.  This is my first Ford, after 30 years of Chevys.  Given the overall experience, it might be my last.

2 hours ago, wrench69 said:

IDVandal, did you buy in Idaho?  I placed my order with Corwin Ford in Nampa, and my experience has been about like yours.  Zero communication from the dealership, even when I send them emails or texts.  I actually had to drive down to the dealership to get them to acknowledge a couple of changes I wanted to make to my order.  Pretty frustrating that they treat customers this way.  This is my first Ford, after 30 years of Chevys.  Given the overall experience, it might be my last.

Corwin Ford is terrible. I went to their dealership in Springfield, Mo.. I ordered but couldnt get any info,couldnt get get the salesman, or the manager. I went to another dealer and had a completely opposite experience. I called them yesterday and cancelled the order. My truck should be here by 12/8 ordered from the other dealer.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:42 PM, buckstop515 said:

I havent taken delivery yet however, from order to shipping was 40 days. The eta to the dealer is 14 days from yesterday. If it comes in on time thats 53 days start to finish. How could I ever complain?

I have had the same experience from order to shipping was 41 days for mine. My truck is expected to be at the dealership in 13 days from today. My salesman at Rod baker ford (Plainfield IL) was terrific answered any questions I had called me with updates and when my truck was built. He did say though don't be surprised if shipping takes a bit longer than what Ford said in the E-mail. I would give Ford an A and the dealership an A also.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, JC2014 said:

I have had the same experience from order to shipping was 41 days for mine. My truck is expected to be at the dealership in 13 days from today. My salesman at Rod baker ford (Plainfield IL) was terrific answered any questions I had called me with updates and when my truck was built. He did say though don't be surprised if shipping takes a bit longer than what Ford said in the E-mail. I would give Ford an A and the dealership an A also.

As I told my story earlier, the original dealer I attempted to order from wouldnt give me any info on my order at all. They ghosted me after I left the dealership. I ordered from another dealer because I wasnt sure they had even followed through. 

I was looking at corwins web site and there was the truck I had ordered. The listing said in transit to dealer. Because they listed the vin I was able to trackthe build. It was built on the 19th one day before my truck from the other dealer. The first order was placed on 10/1 mine on 10/13. I suspect both trucks will be on the same convoy. I really think Corwin wanted me to cancel their order so they would have a stock truck. And they jacked the selling price 3k.

1 hour ago, buckstop515 said:

As I told my story earlier, the original dealer I attempted to order from wouldnt give me any info on my order at all. They ghosted me after I left the dealership. I ordered from another dealer because I wasnt sure they had even followed through. 

I was looking at corwins web site and there was the truck I had ordered. The listing said in transit to dealer. Because they listed the vin I was able to trackthe build. It was built on the 19th one day before my truck from the other dealer. The first order was placed on 10/1 mine on 10/13. I suspect both trucks will be on the same convoy. I really think Corwin wanted me to cancel their order so they would have a stock truck. And they jacked the selling price 3k.

If you have signed paperwork on the order, you should go take it from them, or make them buy you out of it…a little appropriate response to their actions…just sayin

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, benpack61 said:

Ice just posted some updates. Still no 5th prep or bed liner available. Pretty upset. I would go without the bedliner but the black appearance comes with it.

Pretty depressing, everything on my F250 Platinum Tremor order…AS, tonneau, 5th wheel prep, and spray in bed liner.

And, no DRW.

Should be good scheduling day for SRW basic orders.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 9:30 AM, wrench69 said:

Wrench, I have ordered thru kendall ford in meridian ID. They have been awesome. My sales guy and the manager have kept me up to date. I bought my 2020 f-250 from them 2 yrs ago and they paid me 10k over what I paid them for it on trade in, plus they gave me $6,500 off the msrp with no pco. The truck is not here yet buy I cant blame them.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, OREGUNFIRE said:

Wrench, I have ordered thru kendall ford in meridian ID. They have been awesome. My sales guy and the manager have kept me up to date. I bought my 2020 f-250 from them 2 yrs ago and they paid me 10k over what I paid them for it on trade in, plus they gave me $6,500 off the msrp with no pco. The truck is not here yet buy I cant blame them.

It sounds like everyone hates Corwin around here. I have 2 trucks on order with them right now. both 350 powerstrokes. I too have to drive to the dealer to get communication. A Budy of mine got his in a few weeks ago. it showed up out of the blue after about 7 weeks with zero communications from Corwin. He called them 3 weeks after doing his build and they told him there had been no activity. Then a few hours later he gets a Ford email thanking him for placing an order. I put 500 deposit on each is all but I'm annoyed that spending roughly 180K doesn't get me some updates. I have 2 more vehicles to buy in the next 6 months and they could care less about earning my business. I went to Corwin because people had bad experiences with Kendell. Should I go shop around or what? Ordered 11-9-21. order acknowledgments from ford that day and crickets since. tried to go in and ask about allocation and priority number changes and they told me wait 2 weeks and if there has been no activity they will change my priority number. I just want my trucks already. 

I’m still waiting on my build, but I’ll say the experience so far has been flawless. My dealer rep says Ford is moving to the ordering system so although in this elevated truck market I didn’t find any discounts, it was nice to not haggle or be swarmed by salesmen. I’d almost prefer this process if Ford would cut the pricing back for not stocking so many vehicles or needing the dealerships to be paid. Hopefully that is the adopted process as Tesla has proven what is possible. 

On 11/30/2021 at 6:02 PM, benpack61 said:

Ice just posted some updates. Still no 5th prep or bed liner available. Pretty upset. I would go without the bedliner but the black appearance comes with it.

Just had 2 friends trucks last Thursday get scheduled with both bedliners and 5th wheel prep. They placed the order the week prior. 1 short bed and 1 long bed f350 lariats 

Edited by jhaber
  • Like 1

It seemed like my dealer tried everything he could to get me to back out of my deal so he could sell it for more. I ordered using the xplan back in June. They had no issues with it then but when the truck arrived they made it abundantly clear that they werent happy about it. Father in law bought his 22' just down the road a couple days prior. That dealer gave him great money for his trade, worked with him to get a great finance rate.  My dealer low balled me on my trade (even though I showed him an offer from another non Ford dealer who wanted to buy my truck for 8k more than he offered me) and when it came to financing they offered a crazy high rate and wouldnt budge. So to stick it to them I sold my truck to the non Ford dealer and came back with cash.  BOOM

Edited by jhaber
  • Like 1

I do talk to the dealer regularly, or as often as is reasonable. I've gotten a series of build date shifts that came in direct communication from Ford - until about November, then nothing.The build week/date consistently gets pushed to later and later in the year. No explanation or understanding about why from the dealer, or Ford, I would assume. Despite all the reports the dealer supposedly has access to, it seems that the only difference between them & me, is they can find out what the new build date of the month is. It's been a shell game from day 30 (5/27 order date), or so.