Lane-Keeping Alert

On the build and price website it shows Lane-Keeping Alert as a model highlight on the 2022 F250 Super Duty XLT.  So, I’ve been a little confused on how to make this feature work on our new truck.  I’ve dug through the owners manual with no success and finally went back to the build and price website where I’ve surmised that you have to go clear up to the King Ranch trim level before this feature is actually available.  Although this is a feature that I can live without, the seemingly misleading advertising information is still disappointing and frustrating.  Anyone else experience this with their new XLT?

I don't believe that the 2022 order guide was out at the time I placed my order.  I know you couldn't build and price a 2022 truck at that point.  I guess we just don't want to take what shows on the build and price as accurate information, although you'd think it would be.  We have a car with the feature, and I can take it or leave it.  And I don't like the part where it will try to take control from me, that stays shut off.  At any rate, why would they show it as a model highlight on XLT trim when it's not?  Just sayin.....

9 minutes ago, Mirage Flatter said:

At any rate, why would they show it as a model highlight on XLT trim when it's not?  Just sayin.....

It is available - see above comment.  But note it is sometimes called “lane departure warning” rather than lane keep assist.

10 minutes ago, Mirage Flatter said:

I don't believe that the 2022 order guide was out at the time I placed my order.  I know you couldn't build and price a 2022 truck at that point.  I guess we just don't want to take what shows on the build and price as accurate information, although you'd think it would be.  We have a car with the feature, and I can take it or leave it.  And I don't like the part where it will try to take control from me, that stays shut off.  At any rate, why would they show it as a model highlight on XLT trim when it's not?  Just sayin.....

You can't order a vehicle unless the order guide has been released to Dealers. At the same time, the vehicle specifications and pricing is available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system, the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and Dealers can submit orders. 

9 hours ago, Mirage Flatter said:

My original order was placed 3/15, the day the order bank opened.  Order guide was definitely available before then.

I have “lane departure warning” rather than lane keep assist on my 2021 XLT. My Honda Pilot has both. The Lane Keep assist actually keeps the Pilot between the lines by automatically turning the steering wheel to keep the car centered. The Lane departure warning on both the Pilot and my XLT makes the steering wheel shimmy if you start to cross a line without using your turn signal thus letting you know that you're leaving your lane. I'm not to crazy about the lane departure assist but I sure wish my HD had the lane keeping feature. My Pilot just steers itself on the highway. 

I too feel misled by the Ford website that made it appear as a standard option within XLT trim while exploring the vehicle features page.  I really wanted that feature bit I didn't get it on my truck, and I spent 6+ months endlessly scouring the build and price and most every other website regarding superduties.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

IMHO you're not missing out on anything. I have it turned off on my XLT as I figure all that shaking of the steering wheel can only wear out steering components quicker on an already "death wobble" susceptible vehicle.  

...or you could stay between the lines ?

I just read through the order guide regarding the lane keeping alert.  Looks like it comes included as part of the UTT/PTBA packages in the trims XL, XLT, Lariat (They call it a lane departure warning in this section of the order guide).  I wanted the feature, but I wouldn't have added that stuff just to get it.  But they really do need to clarify on the website showing the vehicle features of each trim level

Edited by Kory04
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I just read through the order guide regarding the lane keeping alert.  Looks like it comes included as part of the UTT/PTBA packages in the trims XL, XLT, Lariat (They call it a lane departure warning in this section of the order guide).  I wanted the feature, but I wouldn't have added that stuff just to get it.  But they really do need to clarify on the website showing the vehicle features of each trim level

Order guide is a most excellent reference.

I get where you're coming from, I thought my XLT would have a few more things than what it did just because the online pamphlets or whatever you call them. PDFs from the Ford site do make it look like it's coming on the truck with that trim level because it doesn't say optional right beside it it probably says it in the fine print somewhere at the end of a 20-page PDF.

Some things say optional right beside the actual option other things just say xlt trim level highlight but if you look in another place it does say that's some option not standard 

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, road turtle said:

Order guide is a most excellent reference.

Ok, I get that the order guide is a most excellent reference, and, idiot that I am, I obviously misspoke when I stated that it wasn’t available when I placed the order for our new truck.  I’ve learned an awful lot from this forum, and the FTE forum, but unfortunately I wasn’t even aware of these forums until a couple of weeks after I placed the order, and couldn’t get any information from our salesman and went to searching on the internet.  This is when I first learned of order guides.  Prior to that, everything I knew came from the Ford Build and Price website.  Some of the information on that site is sketchy and incomplete.  Thanks!!

• Like 1