Automotive Media Reviews for Corsair Grand Touring

Tnx for the link, 8.6 out of a possible 10 for the GT, not bad !  I had a 2010 Fusion hybrid which had pretty much the same atkinson 2.5 and the biggest ‘problem’ I heard from others was that the ICE was loud, and it was compared to EV mode, nothing out of ordinary IMO - I’m waiting to see whats new for the 2023s ...

24 minutes ago, rfruth said:

I had a 2010 Fusion hybrid which had pretty much the same atkinson 2.5 and the biggest ‘problem’ I heard from others was that the ICE was loud

Ford attempted to address that problem in Corsair Grand Touring and Ford Escape Hybrid/PHEV with additional sound deadening and refinements to the engine itself, compared to older Ford hybrid vehicles. Overall, NVH from the ICE should be less intrusive in a Corsair GT compared to your 2010 Fusion Hybrid. 

Still, with all hybrids there will be more noise when the ICE kicks in. Just the nature of ICE vs electric motors. 

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, rperez817 said:

Ford attempted to address that problem in Corsair Grand Touring and Ford Escape Hybrid/PHEV with additional sound deadening and refinements to the engine itself, compared to older Ford hybrid vehicles. Overall, NVH from the ICE should be less intrusive in a Corsair GT compared to your 2010 Fusion Hybrid. 

Still, with all hybrids there will be more noise when the ICE kicks in. Just the nature of ICE vs electric motors. 

I had a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus AWD with the 2.7L ICE.  The Nautilus was significantly quieter than my 2021 Corsair GT when the ICE kicks in.

Does the Corsair GT 2.5 ICE have a engine cover to help reduce noice?

• 2 months later...