‘22 Mustang Scheduling Questions

Pardsy

I have a ‘22 Mach 1 on order and I’ve got some questions about scheduling for 2022 Mustangs, which I understand begins in a couple of weeks. 

Will 2021 retail orders that were canceled (which is happening) and subsequently reordered to 2022 have priority over customers who just recently ordered a 2022? 

I ordered the Handling Package which the dealer said wouldn’t begin production till March 21, 2022. Would those ordered be scheduled in a couple of weeks or be deferred until the 3/21 date gets closer?

Thanks!

Edited by Pardsy

On 11/3/2021 at 11:57 PM, Pardsy said:

I have a ‘22 Mach 1 on order and I’ve got some questions about scheduling for 2022 Mustangs, which I understand begins in a couple of weeks. 

Will 2021 retail orders that were canceled (which is happening) and subsequently reordered to 2022 have priority over customers who just recently ordered a 2022? 

I ordered the Handling Package which the dealer said wouldn’t begin production till March 21, 2022. Would those ordered be scheduled in a couple of weeks or be deferred until the 3/21 date gets closer?

Thanks!

There is a process in place for Dealers to convert unscheduled 2021MY orders to 2022MY orders and update the information in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) system. Once the information is updated and the 2022MY order verified, the order will qualify for 2022MY incremental allocation and priority scheduling. The Dealer's assigned priority code will apply for regular allocation, if necessary. Orders with "Late Availability" options will not schedule until the commodity restriction is lifted but the original order date, retail order type, COVP verification and incremental allocation will help expedite scheduling when the "Late Availability" status clears.

If I see any other information that may apply, I'll try to post an update. 

Updated 12/09/2021.  

My original reply may have overlooked the question related specifically to the 2022 Mustang Mach 1. The Mustang Mach 1 uses separate/special allocation from Ford and is not included in the COVP program. You should check with your Dealer for information on the 2022 Mustang Mach 1 which is a limited availability model. In addition, the Mustang Mach 1 is not part of the COVP program and does not qualify for incremental allocation.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pardsy said:

Thanks. So the way I read that, someone who's order was a 2021 and converted to 2022 can/will receive a higher priority than mine and jump ahead of me. Is that correct?

If a customer with an unscheduled 2021MY order that is converted to a 2022MY order, the 2022MY order if scheduled with COVP incremental allocation should schedule ahead of any others due either due to the COVP incremental allocation and/or the impact of the original order date. In any event, it's important that the Dealer assign priority codes appropriately, monitor their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) closely, keep track of "Late Availability" options and commodity restraints, and contact their Ford Zone Manager or the Regional Scheduler if additional action is appropriate. The number of other retail Mustang orders in the dealership's USOB is also a factor related to priority code assignment and the original order dates.    

Hope this helps! 

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, stevefreestyle said:

Hi, does anyone know when Production is scheduled for 2022 RHD EXPORT (Australia & UK etc) Mustang GTs ?  I was told there are only two short Production runs each year for RHD Cars.

This would help to give some idea of deadlines when ordering.   Thanks

Ford does not release information or schedules for Mustang's to be produced for export markets.

The Job #1 Date for the 2022MY Mustang is 01/03/2022 but the Flat Rock Assembly Plant is scheduled to be down the weeks of 2/21, 2/28 & 3/7. It's possible that those weeks are being reserved for export Mustang production. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

This thread leave me thinking that my 2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 with Handling Pack, both late availability items, and the fact that I am not a 2021 carry over, means I'm looking at an April build date at earliest. Sound in the ball park?

Not a problem, more time to build the down payment war chest.

Edited by traxiii

2 hours ago, traxiii said:

This thread leave me thinking that my 2022 Eruption Green Mach 1 with Handling Pack, both late availability items, and the fact that I am not a 2021 carry over, means I'm looking at an April build date at earliest. Sound in the ball park?

Not a problem, more time to build the down payment war chest.

The "Late Availability" options are secondary to allocation for the Mustang Mach 1 which is a limited availability model. Mustang Mach 1 allocation is separate from the allocation for other Mustangs. You might want to check with your Dealer to see if Ford has told them anything regarding allocation for the 2022 Mustang Mach 1. 

I already have my confirmation email from Ford and my dealership haven't seemed to have any problems getting allocations, unless you count when Ford cancelled the entire 2021 backlog not yet built, due to parts issues.

The following was included in the email from Ford:

Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Mustang Mach 1 Fastback! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by your dealership.

Your vehicle order is one of the early orders for the 2022 Mustang Mach 1, and because we are building this vehicle just for you, we wanted to share a bit more on our production process as it may impact your delivery time. As part of the quality assurance process at Ford Motor Company, customer orders are only built when all quality checks have been met. This process may lead to longer wait time for your vehicle to be built, but is designed to help ensure your satisfaction. Throughout the production process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order. You will receive email notifications when you vehicle is:

Scheduled for Production - all necessary parts are secured, and your order has been placed on the production schedule.

Built - your vehicle has been built, and we will let you know of the estimated arrival date at your dealership.

Shipped - your vehicle has been shipped, is on its way to your dealership, and we'll include the latest estimated arrival date.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The "Late Availability" options are secondary to allocation for the Mustang Mach 1 which is a limited availability model. Mustang Mach 1 allocation is separate from the allocation for other Mustangs. You might want to check with your Dealer to see if Ford has told them anything regarding allocation for the 2022 Mustang Mach 1. 

It's funny, I've heard from a couple of people "in the know" that Mach 1 orders were only limited in dealer stock orders, not in customer special orders. Some dealers were taking advantage by having employees ordering Mach 1's and then backing out when they arrived, so the dealership could sell them retail with big ADMs. 

42 minutes ago, traxiii said:

It's funny, I've heard from a couple of people "in the know" that Mach 1 orders were only limited in dealer stock orders, not in customer special orders. Some dealers were taking advantage by having employees ordering Mach 1's and then backing out when they arrived, so the dealership could sell them retail with big ADMs. 

Dealers can face severe consequences if they're caught using fake retail orders in order to circumvent the scheduling and sales process. 

40 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Dealers can face severe consequences if they're caught using fake retail orders in order to circumvent the scheduling and sales process. 

And Ford is acutely aware of that trick and every retail order that doesn’t go through gets checked.  Dealer would not get away with that very long.