Ford F-100 Eluminator

Ford are showing this at SEMA, I wish there were some practical (read:affordable) way to offer something like this to the marketplace:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/02/all-electric-f-100-eluminator-concept.html

Ford today previews the future of electrified custom vehicles with the reveal of the all-electric F-100 Eluminator concept – a zero-tailpipe-emissions

** demonstration truck powered by the all-new Ford Performance Parts Eluminator electric crate motor that customers can now buy online.

Based on a heritage 1978 F-100 pickup, the F-100 Eluminator concept features all-wheel drive via two powerful electric motors shared with the 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition. Two electric traction motors drive the front and rear wheels, packing a powerful 480 horsepower and 634 lb.-ft. of torque. Eluminator, the first e-crate motor from Ford Performance Parts, is based on the Mustang Mach-E GT’s traction motor.

“Ford owners have personalized, customized and enhanced their vehicles since the beginning – from changing looks to bringing the power,” said Eric Cin, global director, Vehicle Personalization, Accessories and Licensing. “Our F-100 Eluminator concept is a preview of how we’re supporting customers as they go all-electric and embrace zero-tailpipe emissions performance, even for our heritage vehicles.”

1635884256775.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 6:08 AM, Harley Lover said:

Ford are showing this at SEMA, I wish there were some practical (read:affordable) way to offer something like this to the marketplace:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/02/all-electric-f-100-eluminator-concept.html

1635884256775.jpg

For me, the QUINESSENTIAL "Ford truck" will always be the '73-'79 body style..... with my favorite of those being the '77:  

1977_ford_f-150_xlt_ranger_1543359396f0d

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

46 minutes ago, Ovaltine said:

When I see a '67-72, I always think of the movie "Mr. Majestyk", and THIS commercial:  

That Twin-I-Beam suspension can really take a pounding...even more amazing is that it is still in production

image.thumb.png.9c8db7ade778eac555deca66b44ae097.png

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

That Twin-I-Beam suspension can really take a pounding...even more amazing is that it is still in production

image.thumb.png.9c8db7ade778eac555deca66b44ae097.png

I am pretty sure the Econoline still uses the I Beam as well.  Granted it's just a cutaway these days but that platform and suspension have not changed in forever.

4 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Here are a few interior photos for F-100 Eluminator.

1978-Ford-F-100-Eluminator-EV-driver-cab1978-Ford-F-100-Eluminator-EV-dash-panel1978-Ford-F-100-Eluminator-EV-driver-cab1978-Ford-F-100-Eluminator-EV-driver-cab1978-Ford-F-100-Eluminator-EV-driver-cab

the stark contrast of “modern old looking” areas of that interior (door panels, general dash design), and the tack on current/Mach E parts makes my eyes twitch lol.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

the stark contrast of “modern old looking” areas of that interior (door panels, general dash design), and the tack on current/Mach E parts makes my eyes twitch lol.

Reminds me of a recent episode of Roadkill, where they were ripping out all the Hellcat-related hardware that they installed to revert back to the OG 440 they used to have in their '69 Charger.

HRG

ps; my vote is for the Gen 10 F-150 body style,,,,,