Bullet Proof or Gen-Y?

What's up everyone! Now that my Super Duty is here, Im getting opinions on which hitch to get for my specific application....

I currently have an Equalizer E4 - 14k Weight Distribution Hitch for my toy hauler.....problem is it is on a 2" shank and equalizer only makes up to a 2.5".

My new Super Duty has the 3" Receiver and I still want to use my Equalizer set up. I know Bullet Proof and Gen-Y both offer the different heads to attached the WDH setup too it, but I am looking for opinions on both or if anyone else has done what I want to do. Any advice would be great! I have been leaning more towards the Bullet Proof, but minds not completely made up. Thanks!

I am planning on doing the same.  I had originally thought I was going to purchase a 2.5" shank to mount my WD head to because of everyone complaining about the slop and rattling of using reducers.  However, I used a friend's truck to tow my trailer home the other night and he had a reducer in his hitch.  Like mentioned above, once everything was attached and tightened up there wasn't any movement or slop at all.  Drove exactly the same as using my own (old) truck with 2" receiver.  So when the new truck arrives with a 2.5" I'm just going to get the reducer sleeve and keep using my current WD setup.

I ended up going with the curt 2.5" 20k 6" drop hitch. I don't like using the sleeves. I know they work and there are no issues using them,  but in the back of my mind I feel like I am taking the easy way out, and that never sits right with me....

(I guess that's my OCD shining through)?

It was 270 shipped 2 day with prime.

I took out the pins and added grade 8 bolts with lock nuts to make it harder for mr criminal to walk off with.

Screenshot_20211107-230411_Gallery.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have an Equalizer E4 - 14k Weight Distribution Hitch for my toy hauler. The issue is that it's on a 2" shank, and Equalizer only makes up to a 2.5" shank.

Since my new Super Duty has a 3" receiver, I still want to use my Equalizer setup. I've heard that Bullet Proof and Gen-Y both offer different heads to attach the WDH setup to a 3" receiver. I'm interested in hearing opinions on both options or if anyone else has successfully done what I'm trying to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've been leaning more towards the Bullet Proof option, but I'm not entirely decided yet. Thanks!

Edited by wobide3