2021 Escape PHEV - "Real World" Electric Range

jblas16

Just wondering if I'm alone in seeing less than advertised EV range. I've seen as little as 30 miles on a full charge.

Granted, driving style has an impact no doubt and my wife has been primarily driving my 2021 Escape PHEV, but I'm just wondering if others are getting the 37 EV only miles (or more). Any tips on boosting the range? Thanks!

On 11/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, jblas16 said:

Just wondering if I'm alone in seeing less than advertised EV range. I've seen as little as 30 miles on a full charge.

Granted, driving style has an impact no doubt and my wife has been primarily driving my 2021 Escape PHEV, but I'm just wondering if others are getting the 37 EV only miles (or more). Any tips on boosting the range? Thanks!

If it behaves anything like our Volt, and I’m hoping it does. The main points are to utilize the heated seats instead of resistance heating when possible. As you eluded to already driving style has a lot to do with it. Our Volt also sees a reduction in range with my wife driving as well. 

Our Escape PHEV is scheduled for production in December, so it will be a few months before I can give any real world feedback. 

• 2 months later...

I second the comment about driving style affecting range; you also have to keep an eye on things like tire pressure, and as the poster above mentioned, heater use in winter. Use the preconditioning feature to warm the cabin while plugged in, then use the heated seats without the heater to conserve battery range. <This assumes she has a daily commute for which she leaves at the same time each day.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a little over 300 miles on our 22 and seeing around mid twenties for range here in Iowa. The last month has been bitter cold here with several days with highs in the single digits. I don’t remember a winter this cold for quite some time. The last couple days temperatures have moderated some and range has jumped to the mid thirties. Hoping for an early spring here to see how much range can be had with this machine.

1F3DE6F7-7782-4D3A-9690-425AF110D927.thumb.jpeg.c413638fba13f8ab09daf22e2cf9fc19.jpeg

• Like 2