New '22 Escape Order

fusion815

Is this a trick question?  Your dealer has all the information that’s available as far as build status, scheduled date and VIN #.  If they’re not giving it to you then you need to raise a ruckus with the sale mgr and GM if necessary.  Make them do their job - that’s what you’re paying them for.

Thanks.  Wish it was a trick question.  Feel that people on here know more than my dealership does at this point... that is why I asked. 

I was hoping to post my question with my order number in the vehicle locator section of this forum, but I unfortunately haven't posted enough on here to do so. 

I will raise a ruckus then. :)    

• Like 1

Yup. I ordered a Titanium Hybrid on September 17. Contacted my dealer this week and still no joy. Looking at the production information on this forum they aren’t even starting building them until Thanksgiving week.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70685-2022-escape-production-information/

My understanding is that a VIN isn’t assigned until it’s scheduled for production, and that schedule doesn’t happen until all parts for the build are available. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rfruth said:

Different subject, why is the 12 volt battery in the back (where the spare tire goes) of a 2020+ HEV, are the PHEVs the same, is the stock 12 volt battery too big to fit under the hood ? (I don't have a HEV but am doing homework) 

To be honest, I looked at the rear mounted battery in a regular Hybrid, but our PHEV has the optional minispare that fills that area.

Turns out the battery is in the same spot, but under the spare wheel.  Interesting packaging.

B8D2E061-6146-474C-8206-D92F1149C43A.jpeg

Edited by azulejost
Adding picture/info
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, bredick said:

Anyone with an order for a titanium phev get a build date yet? 105 days and counting since order confirmation for ours with the titanium premium, panoramic moon roof and spare tire.

Your build sounds almost identical to ours. Ours was supposed to be built this week, but have not heard anything yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:58 PM, bredick said:

Anyone with an order for a titanium phev get a build date yet? 105 days and counting since order confirmation for ours with the titanium premium, panoramic moon roof and spare tire.

Santa brought us a window sticker with blend date 120220106. Appears that after the planned shutdown ours will be built. 

@bredick What was your priority and what part of the country are you in?  Hang in there things are moving. 

48 minutes ago, marc_05 said:

Santa brought us a window sticker with blend date 120220106. Appears that after the planned shutdown ours will be built. 

@bredick What was your priority and what part of the country are you in?  Hang in there things are moving. 

That's awesome, hopefully we'll also get some good news! I'm in Michigan, have not been able to get anyone at Ford or the dealer to tell us the build priority.

1 hour ago, bredick said:

That's awesome, hopefully we'll also get some good news! I'm in Michigan, have not been able to get anyone at Ford or the dealer to tell us the build priority.

Since I never got a confirmation from Ford I asked for proof that I actually had an order. Dealer sent me screenshots of their system showing build priority and anticipated build date. Good luck!

18 hours ago, marc_05 said:

Since I never got a confirmation from Ford I asked for proof that I actually had an order. Dealer sent me screenshots of their system showing build priority and anticipated build date. Good luck!

You won't get any e-mail communications from Ford unless your e-mail address is attached to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The WBDO screenshot of your order will show the priority code only. What is the document your Dealer provided showing an "anticipated build date"? The "anticipated build date" is only shown on the AM Preview Scheduling Report, that I can think of, and only in a week that the Dealer has regular allocation for scheduling and your order shows as being selected for scheduling that Thursday. All other scheduling details are in the Vehicle Visibility reports. 

20 hours ago, marc_05 said:

I asked our dealer for the readout from the vehicle visibility report and didn't get it, but they claim they got it moved to a priority 1.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

You won't get any e-mail communications from Ford unless your e-mail address is attached to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. The WBDO screenshot of your order will show the priority code only. What is the document your Dealer provided showing an "anticipated build date"? The "anticipated build date" is only shown on the AM Preview Scheduling Report, that I can think of, and only in a week that the Dealer has regular allocation for scheduling and your order shows as being selected for scheduling that Thursday. All other scheduling details are in the Vehicle Visibility reports. 

Evidently they did not attach my email as to this day I have not gotten anything from Ford. I’m not sure what the screenshot is of…appears to be the actual order application. The top right has the dealer name/code and just below is buttons for new order, preview, submit, and more actions. 

3 hours ago, marc_05 said:

Evidently they did not attach my email as to this day I have not gotten anything from Ford. I’m not sure what the screenshot is of…appears to be the actual order application. The top right has the dealer name/code and just below is buttons for new order, preview, submit, and more actions. 

Just to clarify...there is no order "application". The Dealer enters the vehicle specifications and retail customer information and then submits the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) or saves the order for reference and customer approval prior to submitting it. 

From your description the screen capture image is most likely the WBDO "Preview" display for your order. Included below is the e-mail information section in WBDO. 

WBDO_Retail Customer E-Mail.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1