fusion815

New '22 Escape Order

I placed an order for a 2022 Escape Hybrid SEL in September.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to find out the VIN number so I can track on the Ford site.  

Much appreciated.

Is this a trick question?  Your dealer has all the information that’s available as far as build status, scheduled date and VIN #.  If they’re not giving it to you then you need to raise a ruckus with the sale mgr and GM if necessary.  Make them do their job - that’s what you’re paying them for.

Thanks.  Wish it was a trick question.  Feel that people on here know more than my dealership does at this point... that is why I asked. 

I was hoping to post my question with my order number in the vehicle locator section of this forum, but I unfortunately haven't posted enough on here to do so. 

I will raise a ruckus then. :)    

Yup. I ordered a Titanium Hybrid on September 17. Contacted my dealer this week and still no joy. Looking at the production information on this forum they aren’t even starting building them until Thanksgiving week.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70685-2022-escape-production-information/

My understanding is that a VIN isn’t assigned until it’s scheduled for production, and that schedule doesn’t happen until all parts for the build are available. 

My wife ordered a titanium phev that was confirmed through covp on 9/1 and still no build date, you're not alone.

I just checked the Ford site this morning, and they're listing the 2022 Escapes in the menu.  You can now build one out.  So maybe that's a sign that things are moving in the right direction.

Edited by fusion815

I ordered an SEL with Co-Pilot+ on Nov 6 and just got my build date of January 3. Last I saw my priority was 19. Hope you get yours soon! 

Very cool!    Dang!  Still haven't received that info and ordered back in September!  

Different subject, why is the 12 volt battery in the back (where the spare tire goes) of a 2020+ HEV, are the PHEVs the same, is the stock 12 volt battery too big to fit under the hood ? (I don't have a HEV but am doing homework) 

4 hours ago, rfruth said:

Different subject, why is the 12 volt battery in the back (where the spare tire goes) of a 2020+ HEV, are the PHEVs the same, is the stock 12 volt battery too big to fit under the hood ? (I don't have a HEV but am doing homework) 

To be honest, I looked at the rear mounted battery in a regular Hybrid, but our PHEV has the optional minispare that fills that area.

Turns out the battery is in the same spot, but under the spare wheel.  Interesting packaging.

B8D2E061-6146-474C-8206-D92F1149C43A.jpeg

Edited by azulejost
Adding picture/info