Exemptions

DavzinSoCal

Trying my best to remain non political.... With the wide applicability of the OSHA emergency rule and the urgency attached, this is likely to be appealed with a request for urgent attention as "time is of the essence". I'm not a lawyer, so will it get the review by one justice or get the full court? Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought once it moved beyond the federal district court and into the circuit court it became National. I don't believe SCOTUS necessarily needs to even hear the case for the stay to be nationwide. Anyone know a good attorney who has experience dealing with the federal court system who could really explain this better? 

UPDATE: Sixth Circuit Will Hear Legal Challenges to OSHA’s Mandatory Vaccination and Testing Standard

Since then, at least 34 lawsuits challenging the ETS have been filed in U.S. Courts of Appeals across the country. One of those challenges was filed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (which hears federal appeals from Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi). The Fifth Circuit recently issued and later reaffirmed a Stay, temporarily barring the ETS from coming into effect and ordering OSHA to stop all implementation and enforcement activities. 

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (which hears federal appeals from Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee) was selected by lottery to hear legal challenges raised against the ETS. Under the rules governing multi-circuit litigation, all the petitions now will be consolidated and reviewed by the Sixth Circuit, which will decide whether to uphold or overturn the ETS and may also decide whether to lift or affirm the Fifth Circuit’s Stay.  

• Like 1

Wait what? FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA request over vaccine data?

“(Reuters) - Freedom of Information Act requests are rarely speedy, but when a group of scientists asked the federal government to share the data it relied upon in licensing Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, the response went beyond typical bureaucratic foot-dragging.”            “As in 55 years beyond.”

“A suit was filed with an intent of the plaintiffs, a group of more than 30 professors and scientists from universities including Yale, Harvard, UCLA and Brown, filed suit in September in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, seeking expedited access to the records. They say that releasing the information could help reassure vaccine skeptics that the shot is indeed safe and effective and, thus, increase confidence in the Pfizer vaccine.”

So much for helping to reassure vaccine skeptic`s or to put real time understandings of how the big pharma came to their conclusions…

17 minutes ago, Decker said:

Wait what? FDA wants 55 years to process FOIA request over vaccine data?

“(Reuters) - Freedom of Information Act requests are rarely speedy, but when a group of scientists asked the federal government to share the data it relied upon in licensing Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, the response went beyond typical bureaucratic foot-dragging.”            “As in 55 years beyond.”

“A suit was filed with an intent of the plaintiffs, a group of more than 30 professors and scientists from universities including Yale, Harvard, UCLA and Brown, filed suit in September in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, seeking expedited access to the records. They say that releasing the information could help reassure vaccine skeptics that the shot is indeed safe and effective and, thus, increase confidence in the Pfizer vaccine.”

So much for helping to reassure vaccine skeptic`s or to put real time understandings of how the big pharma came to their conclusions…

In 55 years the good Doctor will not be around to have to answer difficult questions? 

• Like 1

So much for reassurances, mandates, and truth in jabbing…

The Lancet study proves the jab does not prevent transmission. “fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load at levels of the unvaccinated cases.” Another slice of the data pie that will defiantly reassure the vaccine skeptic. 

Then there is a history of manipulating data and the studies the data is presented as peer reviewed documents.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Justice Department Announces Largest Health Care Fraud Settlement in Its History

Pfizer to Pay $2.3 Billion for Fraudulent Marketing

Pfizer pleads guilty, but drug sales continue to soar. (2004)

Pfizer, the world's largest drug maker, pleaded guilty on 13 May

Numerous civil and criminal charges for illegally promoting the off-label use of gabapentin (Neurontin). It has agreed to pay a $240m (£136m; €200m) criminal fine and $152m to state and federal healthcare programs. The fine is the second largest given in the industry.

But, Pfizer is far from alone. The number one charge that the top twenty pharma corporations have been found guilty of and sentenced to forfeit billion because of is “False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statutes”. Is it truly just skeptic feelings or is another category label not being used when those that use fact based thought for their reluctance to just become part of the herd?   Reluctance based on data, is a label that comes to mind?

Then the most recent data released, $37 Billion Dollar Profit posted for the 3rd quarter by who?  

Kinda quiet here in CAP on the jab mandate.  

• Like 1

Yep, road turtle someone stood their ground, but not sure who. The average 20 to 25% AWOL`s could have had some input on the decision? 

"WASHINGTON, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Detroit's Big Three automakers are not yet mandating vaccines for thousands of unionized workers even as they said in a joint statement with the United Auto Workers on Tuesday that they will extend requirements for workers to wear masks at work sites."

"General Motors Co (GM.N), Ford Motor (F.N), Chrysler-parent Stellantis and the UAW said they have agreed that unionized auto workers will be asked to report vaccination status on a voluntary basis, but not as a requirement. They also agreed to continue mask requirements at work sites."

As for non union represented salaried employee`s nothings changed in the mandate. But the represented salaried employee`s are most likely in the same boat as represented hourly employee`s. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Decker said:

As for non union represented salaried employee`s nothings changed in the mandate. But the represented salaried employee`s are most likely in the same boat as represented hourly employee`s. 

Ill ask my cousin when he gets home from his hunting trip, he's UAW salary. 

Kinda... of topic a bit but, 

I`m wondering if the driving force with all this vax everything that farts and/or belches will every be turned on other high levels of death causing morbidities?

Heart Disease or Dementia or Cancers could use just a little of the attention the Rona jab has stirred up. Of course the untold, unspoken driving force for the vax`em all is nothing more than the dollars and cents.

Can it be imagined the amount of happiness if just 25% of the combined deaths from the top three causes of death were eliminated by a jab? 800K a year from just Heart Disease alone would put in place 200K or so souls continuing to live if a jab was developed that only had a 25% success rate. Now add in a 25% reduction rate for the other top three causes of death and dam if that number would be close to off setting the benefits of the current highly touted jab. 

But if we are honest with each other, the driving force is dollars and it`s proven that maintenance and/or sustaining drugs pays way better than a jab that cures. Oh just to back that point... get the booster jab yet? then in six months another booster? Dollars and cents...

Sorry, I`ll get back in line DavzinSoCal with the topic. 

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, road turtle said:

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked.  UAW stood their ground on not requiring vaccines.

Anybody see what's going on with salary?  I'm on vacation and trying to stay off my work computer.

Still required for Ford Motor Company salary, but not Ford Credit. Last I heard HR was overwhelmed with exemption requests (medical and religious) and has said that they won’t finish reviewing them in time for the deadline, so everyone should continue working as normal for the time being. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cal50 said:

Will be interesting to see how Ford reacts. I believe when the administration delayed the deadline from December to January, it took HR 2 days to issue a statement, so I’m not expecting an update until Thursday or Friday. 

I do know Chrysler, which was using the OSHA rule as a basis for their corporate mandate, has said that they don’t care that the OSHA rule has been suspended and that they’re requiring the vaxx anyways. 

Edited by BlueBird302

Being exempt is one thing and the courts are deciding that for the mandates but, when did the mandator`s flip flop?

"I don't think it [vaccine] should be mandatory. I wouldn't demand it to be mandatory," Our leader of the free world said.

Over just the last summer, our press secretary, said the same.

"That's not the role of the federal government," the press secretary said in July. "What our role is and what we are going to continue to do is make the vaccine available."

Confused in their intentions.....? or just confusing.

• Like 3