How do you program the door keypads?

My truck didn't come with the door keypads because.....well....I'm cheap AND did not want the power seats that were included in the package.

So I went to ford and bought 2 keypads, one for drivers door and one for passenger (for wife and kids).

I was thinking they would match the trim (shiny black) but they don't, they look cheap, like they were bought off Amazon for $20. 

There are instructions on how to program your code in, but no info on the net on how to get them to work with the truck.

Back when I had a 2012 f150 I bought one of these from Ford and could program it myself by hitting remote buttons, turning key, open door ect ect but this is not working with the new truck.. Do any of you know how this is done on a 22?

20211109_211603.jpg

@IUEC135ELEVATOR - -  Haven't installed one of the accessory kits in years but the sales brochure states that it requires programming (via Ford FDRS  or  FORSCAN).  Install instructions are supposed to be on www.motorcraftservice.com under Free Resources but I could only find troubleshooting guide.  I'll dig around FMCDealer to see if I can find the installation instructions.

Edited by WillSD
  • Thanks 1

Update.... tried the process that was listed in the text above,  that didn't work, so today I took truck to the dealership and asked them to program them for me.

They came back and said they can't do it because something wrong with the truck.

So I returned the keypads which they were fine with and while talking to the parts guy he said these are for a remote start truck your VIN shows you don't have remote start.

So they ordered different keypads and then I went and talked to the actual mechanic doing the programming and he said that those two pads are non compatible because of different RF frequencies. It is either remote start or non remote start and you can only use the keypad that is designed for the truck.

That makes sense and is logical, I would have assumed when they ran my VIN the first time they would have seen that.

So in a week or two when the new keypads get here we will see If the new ones work.

But I do love how the service desk guys were real quick to tell me it's a "truck problem"...lol