GPS-Navigation

Darwin Kent

A few years ago I had my F150 into the dealership and I asked if there was an update for the GPS

I was told it would be $400.(Canadian) and it would be outdated before I left the lot

I replied that I could buy a $179. Garmin and have 3 yrs  of updates and I buy a new F150 Lariat and I have to be for updates??

Before I order a new Expedition I have a few questions I need to have answered

Has anybody experienced this?

Thxs

7 hours ago, Darwin Kent said:

I do still have my F150 but plans are to order a 22 Expedition soon and I was curious if updates were available thru Ford. Won't be upgrading GPS now at this point. Thxs

Hi DK. Yes, NAV updates are available through Ford. The NAV maps are updated annually, and I believe you get one free update with Ford vehicles, but you have to pay after that (currently about $109 US).

First 2 years updates are free with Lincoln vehicles. 

Good luck.

On 11/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, Darwin Kent said:

I do still have my F150 but plans are to order a 22 Expedition soon and I was curious if updates were available thru Ford. Won't be upgrading GPS now at this point. Thxs

I get that. I figured, though, you could use your F-150 VIN as a "preview" of what to expect for updates with the Expedition.