Microchip Shortage

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone had any inside information on the microchip shortage that is delaying the delivering of MY21 raptors? I originally had a blend date of 9/28 with a delivery date of 10/31. The delivery date is now 12/31 and dealership doesn’t seem to have any information outside of “we live in crazy times, hold tight and it’ll be here soon”. 

...and it's not just Ford. Every automaker out there is struggling with this common issue. Currently, Ford is doing as well or better than most in coping, after initially getting hammered from the fire that took out that Japanese chip plant that it depended on for a bunch of its supply.

• Like 4

Don’t know the answer specifically …. But after a summer and fall of many down weeks due to the chip shortage. Our facility ( an engine plant) is back to full 3 shifts working with no down weeks.  I think they’re getting a handle on things. Not 100% yet. But I think the log jam is definitely moving. 

• Like 2