Why "Get Updates" still on Ford's 2022 Expedition site?

Asystole

Hi. So, it's after the middle of November and Ford still does not have the ability to 'spec' a 2022 Expedition on their site; no prices, no payment estimator, just a button to 'Get Updates' (https://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2022/). I ordered a Platinum Max 4x4 and received the order acknowledgement from Ford. Yet now, around a month later, the dealer still can't provide lease residual numbers, and tells me the situation is 'fluid' and they have no other information. Further, the X-Plan site still doesn't offer the 2022. Is there any actual proof that this vehicle is going to actually be manufactured and sold? I mean, the 2022 Explorer is not a phantom; it can be configured on-line, X-Plan pricing exists, residuals are available, etc.

Do any of you know when, if ever, the Expedition will officially exist? Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Asystole said:

Hi. So, it's after the middle of November and Ford still does not have the ability to 'spec' a 2022 Expedition on their site; no prices, no payment estimator, just a button to 'Get Updates' (https://www.ford.com/suvs/expedition/2022/). I ordered a Platinum Max 4x4 and received the order acknowledgement from Ford. Yet now, around a month later, the dealer still can't provide lease residual numbers, and tells me the situation is 'fluid' and they have no other information. Further, the X-Plan site still doesn't offer the 2022. Is there any actual proof that this vehicle is going to actually be manufactured and sold? I mean, the 2022 Explorer is not a phantom; it can be configured on-line, X-Plan pricing exists, residuals are available, etc.

Do any of you know when, if ever, the Expedition will officially exist? Thank you.

Dealers can't place orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) unless the vehicle pricing is available. The price lists are usually released at the same time as the order guides. I just checked the FMCDealer.com portal and the lease factors are available. As for proof that the vehicle will actually be manufactured? There are no guarantees as Ford notes in its disclosures. 

I just called again. I told them to look on the FMCDealer.com portal. I was told by the manager that he has the site up in front of him and there is no such information available, and that there probably won't be until close to builds begin. That said, and since you can see the information that he can not, may I trouble you for the residuals for the 2022 Platinum Max 4x4, 15K miles/yr, 24, 36, 39 months? The money factor for each term would be awesome as well. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Asystole

36 minutes ago, Asystole said:

I just called again. I told them to look on the FMCDealer.com portal. I was told by the manager that he has the site up in front of him and there is no such information available, and that there probably won't be until close to builds begin. That said, and since you can see the information that he can not, may I trouble you for the residuals for the 2022 Platinum Max 4x4, 15K miles/yr, 24, 36, 39 months? The money factor for each term would be awesome as well. Thank you in advance.

I'd need a ZIP code to look it up for your location.

16 hours ago, Asystole said:

Zip is 77382.

Thank you again!!  Here's my favorite lawyer joke:

Q: Why does a lawyer wear a neck tie?

A: To keep the foreskin from rolling up over his face

Attached is the PDF file showing the most recent RCL Lease Factors for your ZIP code for the 2022MY vehicles.  

2022 Expedition_RCL Factors.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Asystole said:

Thank you!!

So those numbers in the tables represent the equivalent interest rates (2400 x money factor) for the different terms and credit ratings?

image.png.a99787e0c355d9d45529ca5bf16002a4.png

Or do they represent something else? Also, would you have access to the residual values for the same terms?

2022 Model Year Lease Residuals. Per attached. 

Ford and Lincoln_4th Quarter 2021 Lease Residuals_2022 Model Year.pdf

Edited by ice-capades