Starting vehicle with Lincoln Way app sets off panic alarm

Hello all,

I have a 2017 MKZ and I would like to take advantage of the autostart/scheduled start feature with the Lincoln Way app, however whenever I use the app to start the vehicle, the panic alarm goes off as soon as it starts. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting that's all goofy? Thanks.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, Reynolds416 said:

Hello all,

I have a 2017 MKZ and I would like to take advantage of the autostart/scheduled start feature with the Lincoln Way app, however whenever I use the app to start the vehicle, the panic alarm goes off as soon as it starts. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting that's all goofy? Thanks.

Hmmm.  Is the alarm going off at the scheduled auto start time?  That is, does your Z start both its engine (at the scheduled time) and the alarm at the same time?

I have never used the auto start/scheduled-start thing on the LincolnWay app for my Z but I do use the app frequently to start it after sporting events (at random times, obviously) so it's warmed up or cooled off by the time I reach my car but I've never encountered the alarm-going-off problem.

(Not sure I've helped you any.  Sorry.)

Edited by 1984Poke