2022 F150 XLT

Charliedog

Hi, ordered mine 10/29 with a build date of 11/29. I have my VIN, and shows "order processing." My salesman claims there are no holdups in their system and Ford Tracking (for me) will start "working" on Monday 11/29. I shall see about that as this semi-conductor chip shortage is slowing things way down. If I'm "pushed back" on the production date, I see a 2021 with my almost same exact features (minus auto rear opening window) at a dealer 80 miles away. If so, I'm going to see what the in-stock dealer will do for me. As stated earlier, I'm a bit worried about the wait time. What is your production date?

2 hours ago, XLT302A said:

Hi, ordered mine 10/29 with a build date of 11/29. I have my VIN, and shows "order processing." My salesman claims there are no holdups in their system and Ford Tracking (for me) will start "working" on Monday 11/29. I shall see about that as this semi-conductor chip shortage is slowing things way down. If I'm "pushed back" on the production date, I see a 2021 with my almost same exact features (minus auto rear opening window) at a dealer 80 miles away. If so, I'm going to see what the in-stock dealer will do for me. As stated earlier, I'm a bit worried about the wait time. What is your production date?

I'm having trouble understanding your frustration with waiting. You placed an order only a month ago and the order has a scheduled production date for tomorrow. A lot of BOF members would be ecstatic to have the same experience but you seem to be complaining, frustrated at waiting and now thinking of buying a similar vehicle in stock at a dealership 80 miles away. 

FYI... In the Vehicle Visibility reports, "In Order Processing" is the standard Primary status for an order up until it changes to "In Production". The Secondary status column shows more detailed information. 

My F150 XLT order date was November 2nd. My dealer predicted 10 to 12 weeks which would be late January, which I'm very happy about because another dealer had predicted a 5 to 6 month wait. As of now I have a vin# , no window sticker yet, status is 'in order processing' and the scheduled build week of November 29th. I'm holding my breath that it goes into production on time with no delays. I didn't opt for the BAP which would hold things up. My original preview order shows priority code 19. I'm not clear what that signifies or if it has changed. Can anyone explain?  thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Charliedog said:

My F150 XLT order date was November 2nd. My dealer predicted 10 to 12 weeks which would be late January, which I'm very happy about because another dealer had predicted a 5 to 6 month wait. As of now I have a vin# , no window sticker yet, status is 'in order processing' and the scheduled build week of November 29th. I'm holding my breath that it goes into production on time with no delays. I didn't opt for the BAP which would hold things up. My original preview order shows priority code 19. I'm not clear what that signifies or if it has changed. Can anyone explain?  thanks! 

Read my post above about order status in the Vehicle Visibility system. Priority codes only apply to unscheduled orders. Once an order is scheduled priority codes no longer have any function. Window Stickers are generated just before the vehicle goes into production. You can post your VIN number in the Window Sticker Request forum. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'm having trouble understanding your frustration with waiting. You placed an order only a month ago and the order has a scheduled production date for tomorrow. A lot of BOF members would be ecstatic to have the same experience but you seem to be complaining, frustrated at waiting and now thinking of buying a similar vehicle in stock at a dealership 80 miles away. 

FYI... In the Vehicle Visibility reports, "In Order Processing" is the standard Primary status for an order up until it changes to "In Production". The Secondary status column shows more detailed information. 

Your reply and confusion to my post is understandable. I left a few key details out for brevity that perhaps I should not have. It's my second order from MY21 that was pushed back until changed to MY22 on 10/29. So, for this "new" particular order I'm told it's scheduled for 11/29 (tomorrow). I know Ford is doing the best they can, and some things can't be controlled. I've been told in good faith the same thing in the past. I am excited, and hope it actually goes into production tomorrow. I was more curious to see the OP's response, and if his particular experience runs smoothly. I'm hoping the semi-conductor issue is getting cleared up, as it may well be I am not up-to-date. Of course, I am perfectly willing to to wait one more day, but when I see an almost exact in stock model on a lot ready to go, I of course get excited and don't want to lose the opportunity. Again, of course, I am perfectly willing to see what tomorrow brings, but if pushed back yet again, I'm strongly considering the in stock purchase. Complaining no, information yes...I want to get the OP's experience as time goes on to better gauge my decision making process.

11 minutes ago, XLT302A said:

Your reply and confusion to my post is understandable. I left a few key details out for brevity that perhaps I should not have. It's my second order from MY21 that was pushed back until changed to MY22 on 10/29. So, for this "new" particular order I'm told it's scheduled for 11/29 (tomorrow). I know Ford is doing the best they can, and some things can't be controlled. I've been told in good faith the same thing in the past. I am excited, and hope it actually goes into production tomorrow. I was more curious to see the OP's response, and if his particular experience runs smoothly. I'm hoping the semi-conductor issue is getting cleared up, as it may well be I am not up-to-date. Of course, I am perfectly willing to to wait one more day, but when I see an almost exact in stock model on a lot ready to go, I of course get excited and don't want to lose the opportunity. Again, of course, I am perfectly willing to see what tomorrow brings, but if pushed back yet again, I'm strongly considering the in stock purchase. Complaining no, information yes...I want to get the OP's experience as time goes on to better gauge my decision making process.

Okay. Thanks for the additional information and clarification. 

39 minutes ago, Charliedog said:

Yes, pretty much the same exact info I'm getting on wait times. and the VIN and other info you provided. I have a great salesman that I trust, but he seems to get "updated" info/changes to status on a semi-regular basis and I do not not wish to bug him every week. As I only have until tomorrow to wait to see if it actually goes into production this time, I will have an interesting night's sleep.  Your additional info is really appreciated!  Either retail or in stock...I'm getting this truck!  :)

• Like 1

XLT302A- Why is tomorrow your deadline to go with your 2022 order? Isn't your truck scheduled to be built the week of November 29th, not necessarily on the day of the 29th? If not Monday, I would expect to get an update during the course of the week if it is or isn't moving ahead. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

11 minutes ago, Charliedog said:

XLT302A- Why is tomorrow your deadline to go with your 2022 order? Isn't your truck scheduled to be built the week of November 29th, not necessarily on the day of the 29th? If not Monday, I would expect to get an update during the course of the week if it is or isn't moving ahead. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

The 11/29 is not a fixed "deadline" if I see some forward movement. You may not have read my reply post to the moderator, but I had actually ordered a MY21 early in the year. The build week kept getting pushed forward, now it's changed to MY22 with the 11/29 build week. So far...according to my salesman, "it appears "all systems are go" for tomorrow and that would be great! I just happened to run across your post, and your circumstances are pretty much spot on as mine, and was just curious as to what you were being told. As the in-stock truck is the same color with the 302A high package Sport, it is almost exactly what I want (it lacks the moveable back window, but does have the rear step ladder) it's a trade I can live with. Bottom line, I'm happy to wait IF there are no more hold ups. However, why wait, if the 99.9% exact model is in stock and ready to go 72.8 miles away. Not worth the waiting and risk of losing the in stock I'm thinking. :)

Yes I did read your post about all the delays, it just sounded like tomorrow was your deadline. Being that you've already been going through this torture of waiting, do you normally get updated the first day of a scheduled build week?  As I said- Good luck on whatever you decide to do

With the earlier MY21 order, no, I had to contact my salesman. Although he's polite & professional, I hate to bug him every two-weeks as to the updated status that they can see, but I cannot. With the new MY22 order "it seems" it's running more smoothly, as so far, no phone calls that anything has been pushed back. "Torture" is a great word for waiting! I think from the very latest post I've read, Ford is proactively moving forward to get retail customers orders out. So, I'm holding on for tomorrow and please Lord hoping it goes into production! I was hoping we could keep in touch, to see if our orders have gone through and getting similar positive production/update information.  I see the confusion on sounding so hardline on 11/29 is do or die for me. In a way, I guess it is, if I get pushed back again, and the "few more weeks" statement to a 'few more months" statement like you had originally been told by two separate dealers. So, yes, I'm all over the board I guess.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, Charliedog said:

Yes I did read your post about all the delays, it just sounded like tomorrow was your deadline. Being that you've already been going through this torture of waiting, do you normally get updated the first day of a scheduled build week?  As I said- Good luck on whatever you decide to do

Hi, as I was worried about my order got pushed back another month. The salesman told me he now believes 5-6 months "if I'm lucky." On the lot, just delivered, was a gorgeous silver 2021 Lariat 502A high package. It was a customer retail purchase ordered in mid 2020 that the buyer got tired of waiting for.  About 12k more, but the dealer gave me MSRP (unlike a few charging more), Ford had 0% APR and $1000.00 rebate. That, along with a VERY decent trade-in value on my 2020, I decided to purchase it. The 14th gen truck is just sweet!! LMK how your purchase goes!  :)

10 hours ago, XLT302A said:

Hi, as I was worried about my order got pushed back another month. The salesman told me he now believes 5-6 months "if I'm lucky." On the lot, just delivered, was a gorgeous silver 2021 Lariat 502A high package. It was a customer retail purchase ordered in mid 2020 that the buyer got tired of waiting for.  About 12k more, but the dealer gave me MSRP (unlike a few charging more), Ford had 0% APR and $1000.00 rebate. That, along with a VERY decent trade-in value on my 2020, I decided to purchase it. The 14th gen truck is just sweet!! LMK how your purchase goes!  :)

I think you got snowed but as long as you’re happy with what you got that’s all that matters.

You have no idea whom I am, so your opinion of me getting "snowed" is based on what? The Lariat was a retail purchase from a customer that got tired of waiting I suspect. It just arrived on the lot, and them willing to give me an above trade-in value (I researched myself) extra "we owe" add on's and zero pressure, and losing out in the past on in-stock convinced me to move forward. Bottom line, the vehicle was there, the price was fair, and had exactly everything I wanted, and the monthly payment came to exactly $80 bucks more a month  (0% APR) for a 502A high Lariat over the 302A high package XLT which I will  off pay off in three months anyway (either truck).  I based my choice on my personal experience over time, experience of others, and research. Hence my wishing to communicate with the OP, to see HIS ordering experience. Other's ordering experience's may be different then mine, but the FACT is all vehicle manufactures are suffering right now. Ford is doing their best, and I hope the supply problem(s) clear up soon. This dealership went out of their way to satisfy me, they did...and I got more then I could ask for. But, it does not change the fact that I personally have had my build dates continually pushed back for well over a year. Bad luck...perhaps. The way things are right now...more likely.

Edited by Lariat502A

14 minutes ago, XLT302A said:

You have no idea whom I am, so your opinion of me getting "snowed" is based upon what... Ford dealers "snowing" their uniformed customers? I do not attribute the supply problem to my salesman or others at the dealership I dealt with. They were more then willing to have me wait, but gave me, what I believe was their honest time estimation opinions. The Lariat was a retail purchase from a customer that got tired of waiting. It just arrived on the lot, and them willing to give me an above trade-in value (I researched myself) extra "we owe" add on's and zero pressure, and losing out in the past on in-stock convinced me to move forward. Bottom line, the vehicle was there, the price was fair, and had exactly everything I wanted, and the monthly payment came to exactly $80 bucks more a month 

(0% APR) for a 502A high Lariat over the 302A high package XLT which I will have paid off in three months anyway. I am FAR from easy to "snow"  (lacking in intelligence).  I based my choice on my personal experience over time, experience of others, and research. Hence my wishing to communicate with the OP, to see HIS ordering experience. Other's ordering experience's may be different then mine, but the FACT is all vehicle manufactures are suffering right now. Ford is doing their best, and I hope the supply problem(s) clear up soon. This dealership went out of their way to satisfy me, they did...and I got more then I could ask for. But, it does not change that I personally have had my build dates continually pushed back for well over a year. Bad luck...perhaps. The way things are right now...more likely.

Okay. You got the truck you wanted from in-stock inventory that was a cancelled retail order and you're happy with the deal. You're happy and that's what matters in the long run. You ordered your 2022MY F-150 on October 29th, which was scheduled for production yesterday and was a replacement order for an unscheduled 2021MY F-150. To claim that your "build dates continually pushed back for well over a year" is when you lost all credibility with me. Regardless, enjoy your new truck. 

XL302A- congratulations! In your situation I absolutely think you made a great decision. It cost you more, but you ended up with a better version of the truck your wanted. As for me, the truck I want that I ordered a month ago is scheduled for production this week and hopefully it gets built on time…..stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, ice-capades said:

Okay. You got the truck you wanted from in-stock inventory that was a cancelled retail order and you're happy with the deal. You're happy and that's what matters in the long run. You ordered your 2022MY F-150 on October 29th, which was scheduled for production yesterday and was a replacement order for an unscheduled 2021MY F-150. To claim that your "build dates continually pushed back for well over a year" is when you lost all credibility with me. Regardless, enjoy your new truck. 

Why you feel the need to interject your opinion on my posts when I am trying to follow the OP's similar order befuddles me. I simply wish to see what HIS experience is compared to mine. I explained above I originally ordered a MY21 that was changed to a MY22 and again has been pushed back to yet another build date.  For me, this has been going on for over a year now. I'm going to bet the OP's build date gets pushed back as well... I hope not. As for the Lariat I purchased it was PURE luck on my part it arrived the day I happened to be there for solid answers to my order. Nothing nefarious by the dealership. My Ford dealer took care of me, the truck had the options I wanted, and, yes, I am "happy." So, how "I lost you" when I was never trying to convince you (or anybody of anything for that matter) is a non sequitur. I thank you for your sincere best wishes on enjoying the truck...I am.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, Charliedog said:

XLT 302A - 

here’s your update-

My build week just got bumped up to Dec. 6th

Hi Charliedog, that was my new build update as well. Here is an almost identical example (I'm too lazy to go out and take a picture at the time of writing this post) of what I was able to purchase from my Ford dealership that had been a retail order from another customer that canceled his order. I did not ask why. Anyway, I love it and I hope your build week came through on Dec 6th! Out of curiosity, I checked with my dealer as they kept my order for their stock. The truck I had on order got pushed back again, this time to sometime in Jan 2022. Again, I hope your Dec 6th production date held for you! 

2021F150.jpg