Can I fit a Side by Side in F350 short bed?

Kevin208

Will not fit in a box, Mostly due to the width. larger quads barely fit between the arches.

There are racks you can get for side by sides that allow it to be done. (parks on top of the box instead of in it)

Like this:
image.png.1716663e1b5b7e8af88a9e5a7a4bac47.png

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Kevin208 said:

Ordered a F350 6.7 with short bed to tow our  travel trailer, how do you guy bring a 2 seater side by side with you when camping ? don't want to triple tow thanks. Pictures appreciated 

It really depends on what machine you have. True 60" machines, or the 50" trail machines will fit in a SB with the tailgate down. To tow a travel trailer with the tailgate down, the only solution for that is to extend the draw bar by either a tailgate support with integrated receiver, or get a Curt Manuf. 14" setback shank for your weight distribution head. Take measurements three times to ensure you won't have any pinch points.

Alternatively, you can get the rack from Marlon. They are US/CAN legal for height restrictions. I haven't used one, nor do I know anyone personally who has one. I have been looking at them though.

Or...you can switch the order to a LB truck and put a deck on it. Toy-Up and Truck Boss makes 9' decks, and combined the 14" shank, there should be ample room.

I've attached a photo of our old F550 cab n chassis with a 9' fleet deck on it and 60" machine. However, that exact machine did fit in a 2011 F350 SB Dually box, squeezing it between the rails and driving over the wheel tubs.

As you can see, the 60" machine used all of the 9' fleet deck space, so with a SB, you are limited to the cab-over racks from Marlon or Toy-Up, or hope the shank is enough to clear the trailer jack on the tailgate.

F550 Camping.jpg

Edited by NoPistons
wordsmithing

• 4 months later...

Not sure what the size of your side by side is, but I was able to fit a mid size 2 seater Kawasaki Mule SX in the bed of my 6.5' F-150 and close the tailgate.  It was snug but worked perfect.  Again, your set up may be a full-size 3 across model which would be too large (wide) for any standard pick-up bed.   

On 11/23/2021 at 4:20 AM, mattdm said:

Will not fit in a box, Mostly due to the width. larger quads barely fit between the arches.

There are racks you can get for side by sides that allow it to be done. (parks on top of the box instead of in it)

Like this:
image.png.1716663e1b5b7e8af88a9e5a7a4bac47.png

Hope you have a winch to load that if it has a problem and can't load itself. 

4 hours ago, 4thTimer said:

Hope you have a winch to load that if it has a problem and can't load itself. 

Not my truck, Just a random internet picture.

I try not to worry too much about the "what ifs" though. Im also good buddies with the owner of the local towing company ?

Edited by mattdm