Kentucky Truck Plant

Jim58

Can anyone explain Ford’s process for building SD’s?  Getting pushed back and back while seeing trucks built with same opinions that were ordered months after mine are being built and delivered already.  Been a Ford owner for more than 40 years and just bought a Ranger a week ago.  But Ford doesn’t care.  

34 minutes ago, Jim58 said:

Can anyone explain Ford’s process for building SD’s?  Getting pushed back and back while seeing trucks built with same opinions that were ordered months after mine are being built and delivered already.  Been a Ford owner for more than 40 years and just bought a Ranger a week ago.  But Ford doesn’t care.  

Go read all the super duty topics.  Thousands of posts.  It comes down to not having all the parts needed for some build combinations.  Adaptive steering is the biggest culprit.  Rest assured if Ford was able to build all these trucks they would have been built already.

• Like 1

I have read forums on the reasons.  I don’t have AS on my truck.  I have also been told by many for your truck to get scheduled Ford has to have all the parts/items for your build.  Then the trucks just keep getting pushed back and as I said in my original post, I see trucks with the same options as mine get built but ordered in September not July.   There is a guy on FTE that ordered his truck Oct 20 only to have it canceled in March 21 in which he re ordered and still has no build date.  Ford has stopped sending out emails stating the pushes.  And why not let people know what Commodities on a specific truck.  Ford has pushed AS but can’t build them, spray in bed liner is part of packages but again Ford can’t do them, if my hold up is just Hard Folding Tonneau Cover and someone just tells me, I would delete and buy local (even if $500 more).  Dealers won’t deal or even talk to you.  I was told, “well you can always back out and we well sell the truck”. 

13 minutes ago, Michael Lappy said:

Well bed cover is an issue from last update I saw 

And if that was the true hold up, I would delete and pay the $500 extra here.  Only reason I ordered it in the build is because companies want to Rape Alaska with shipping charges or say they can’t ship here, even though we have the 5th largest shipping hub in the World just 30 minutes from my house.

50 minutes ago, Jim58 said:

So what is reason?

The commodity issues change every week.  Sometimes it’s a certain color part.  These supply chain issues are unprecedented for everybody.  Then you have other trucks that might be ahead of you at the dealership.  

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

The commodity issues change every week.  Sometimes it’s a certain color part.  These supply chain issues are unprecedented for everybody.  Then you have other trucks that might be ahead of you at the dealership.  

It just sucks to be told one thing from dealer, then finally get it scheduled only to have it pushed back and nothing from Ford.  Especially in the so called Information Age.  And dealer has no trucks ahead of me or at least that they will admit to.  My PCO will now expire a month and half before I ever get my truck.  

• Like 1