2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm kinda dating the ridiculously busy front ends on pickups, nowadays.  My favorite pickups had that "honest day's work for an honest day's pay" look about them, which fits a lot of F-series and Rangers over the years.

I'm hoping it's very successful, but I'm also hoping there's a simplified facia option.

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

I was just thinking how much more truck like the Maverick looks compared to the current Ranger.  

The Ranger's styling was never its strong point in the North American market IMO. It looks far too Asian/European vs what we expect to see in North America. The next gen Ranger fixes that IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZanatWork said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm kinda dating the ridiculously busy front ends on pickups, nowadays.  My favorite pickups had that "honest day's work for an honest day's pay" look about them, which fits a lot of F-series and Rangers over the years.

I'm hoping it's very successful, but I'm also hoping there's a simplified facia option.

I think the maverick is your truck then. We'll be ordering ours next summer (waiting to see how reliable the hybrid will be on the maverick) but we're pretty excited.

13 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I think the maverick is your truck then. We'll be ordering ours next summer (waiting to see how reliable the hybrid will be on the maverick) but we're pretty excited.

?....you may want to research exactly how long the exact same Hybrid drivetrain has held up over the years ( decade plus? ) reference Esc ape hybrids utilized in the New York Taxi Fleet under the guise of the "boxy" iteration of the Escape...yeah...it gos back that far...its still used in the Escape and was used for a LONG time in the Fusion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Do we know when this will be revealed?

Both the Maverick and NG Ranger are on the list. I’m kinda leaning toward NG Ranger especially if there is a hybrid with 4WD (which most have speculated). 

1am Central time tonight I believe. Officially it’s at 6pm AEDT 11/24/2021.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ZanatWork said:

Here's one of my all time faves!    My Dad bought a brand new '76 F-100 Ranger (between Custom and XLT) in the same copper color as shown.  It was beautiful.  Had a very strong running (but thirsty!) 302 2bbl in it!

-Ovaltine

screen_shot_2018_06_08_at_12_14_05_pm_4f80e9fc340e21f2a2c941207a79cdbeb5865752.png

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ovaltine said:

Here's one of my all time faves!    My Dad bought a brand new '76 F-100 Ranger (between Custom and XLT) in the same copper color as shown.  It was beautiful.  Had a very strong running (but thirsty!) 302 2bbl in it!

-Ovaltine

screen_shot_2018_06_08_at_12_14_05_pm_4f80e9fc340e21f2a2c941207a79cdbeb5865752.png

The 76 was only surpassed by the 77.

image.jpeg.810d0fd10d453a44944088d95554df3c.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

?....you may want to research exactly how long the exact same Hybrid drivetrain has held up over the years ( decade plus? ) reference Esc ape hybrids utilized in the New York Taxi Fleet under the guise of the "boxy" iteration of the Escape...yeah...it gos back that far...its still used in the Escape and was used for a LONG time in the Fusion.

That's what I've heard, aren't there escape hybrids with over 500k on them with no issues? Very reliable system, in fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone with a Ford hybrid have reliability issues. I know the powertrain is reliable in other Ford's, but I'm just waiting to see if there are any issues with how the hybrid has been implemented into the maverick. It should be fine, but want to be safe.

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Hopefully they keep the blackout package they have now. Not only does it look much better than the chrome it's a damn good value. 

I agree about the blackout look. Way better than chrome, which I was never really into. I loved - and still do - the monochromatic look on Ford trucks and SUVs (remember the 90s Ranger Splash??). Also the black-out parts look like the STX. I'm sure Ford will continue to offer these styling packages for the new Ranger.

Also, as T-dubz said, there is an online reveal at 2am Eastern time. Ford Authority talks about it and has a link to the YouTube reveal page.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/watch-the-2023-ford-ranger-reveal-live-stream-right-here/

43 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I agree about the blackout look. Way better than chrome, which I was never really into. I loved - and still do - the monochromatic look on Ford trucks and SUVs (remember the 90s Ranger Splash??). Also the black-out parts look like the STX. I'm sure Ford will continue to offer these styling packages for the new Ranger.

Also, as T-dubz said, there is an online reveal at 2am Eastern time. Ford Authority talks about it and has a link to the YouTube reveal page.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/11/watch-the-2023-ford-ranger-reveal-live-stream-right-here/

I'm not a huge fan of the wheels on the blackout pack though. Their look greatly depends on the color of the body IMO. 

There's no way I'm waking up 2 hours earlier than normal. I'll watch it at break or something. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's no way I'm waking up 2 hours earlier than normal. I'll watch it at break or something. 

I'm sure Ford will have an edited version of the reveal video posted on their American social media sites, ready for those waking up to view it. I do wonder when embargo breaks if there is one. It may be possible we could get some articles published before 2am.

I like it! Looks nice. The online presentation was odd to view since it was set for VR (virtual reality) but I do like the new Ranger.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-ford-ranger-pickup-first-look-review/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38335090/new-ford-ranger-specs-revealed/

https://www.motor1.com/news/549926/2022-ford-ranger-debut-specs/