2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

Looks nice and a good evolution of the current truck (which, as an owner, I think looks quite handsome and understated).

Interesting to see how they will revise the front of the truck for the NA market since you can assume they will forgo the integrated fascia and go with a bumper much like the current generation.

The interior (as little as I can see) looks ok, I expected a bit more design to match the exterior, but seems fine.

Nothing I see would make me want to trade in my Ranger, but I can see this opening up the market to more people than the current truck does.  Good job Ford!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

As I predicted, 2”  increases in wheelbase and track, a nice improvement in usable space and stability.

V6 diesel confirmed for ROW markets, something Hilux will struggle to match….

That's definitely a good thing. I was driving behind a coworker in a Ranger on my way to work this morning and it struck me at just how narrow the track is. 

Give me some form of the powerboost powertrain or a plug-in hybrid and I've definitely found my next vehicle 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Interesting to see how they will revise the front of the truck for the NA market since you can assume they will forgo the integrated fascia and go with a bumper much like the current generation.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that black part that is under the grill and ties in with the license plate area. I don't recall seeing that on the leaked photos from years back, so maybe the leaked one was the NA model?

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's definitely a good thing. I was driving behind a coworker in a Ranger on my way to work this morning and it struck me at just how narrow the track is. 

Give me some form of the powerboost powertrain or a plug-in hybrid and I've definitely found my next vehicle 

From what I can see, the front wheels have been pushed forward 2” giving shorter overhang

and better departure angle - share with Bronco?

Remember what I was saying about filling out the body profile,  wider track and a bit more slab sided does that,

can’t wait to see if hip/ shoulder room and rear leg room are increased

Im hoping that US Ranger gets V6 EB but hybrid 2.3 EB would be something really neat, a baby Powerboost?

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of that black part that is under the grill and ties in with the license plate area. I don't recall seeing that on the leaked photos from years back, so maybe the leaked one was the NA model?

There will be differences between ROW and US version, steel bumpers for you guys would

completely change the look on the lower valance

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

Add a 2.7L Raptor and a Powerboost hybrid for NA and it’s a home run.  Fixes all my complaints about the current one.  I’d consider a Supercab IF I could trade my F150 straight up or close.  The extra garage space would be nice.

Powerboost hybrid will probably have a wider international audience as a diesel replacement in certain regions.

I love how Ford is still listening to ICE buyers but also preparing for the future

i wonder if T6 can adapt to carry bigger batteries like Lightning

Edited by jpd80

28 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

i wonder if T6 can adapt to carry bigger batteries like Lightning

I hope so! With a really capable BEV Ranger (Ranger Lightning?), Ford has a real good chance of stealing some of the Rivian R1T's thunder ? 

BEV Ranger or BEV Maverick will be the next pickup truck my family buys for our business.

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 2

New for Ranger 3.0 V6 diesel and wide availability of 2.3 EB are game changer for Ranger outside North America. It will be interesting to see which engine buyers in markets like Australia prefers. 

The lack of 2.3 EB hybrid news at launch is kind of disappointing after so much mention of it. But I guess Ford wants to launch that drivetrain package on the Mustang first.

Also, looks like regular cab is dead. Only Extended and Crewcab for the new Ranger. 

Edited by bzcat

Overall I like it, but I am a bit underwhelmed. IMO it’s too similar to the current ranger (at least from the side view). The interior looks great though. 10.1” screen looks like it will be standard and theirs an available digital instrument cluster. Step on the rear bumper is a nice addition.  ford continues to suck at wheel design. 

Edit: actually it appears that the digital instrument cluster is standard. It’s probably the same as the bronco.

Edited by T-dubz

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Its an electronic shifter and parking brake combined.  I bet it shows up in all newer trucks.

I think the electronic  parking brake button is aft of the gearshift lever alá Escape.

As you palm the gearshift lever to select a gear, your had covers the PRNDS indicator??

Looking at the cargo box detail photo of the Velocity Blue Ranger, it appears that they've done away with even the threaded inserts for the center cargo hooks. Still no stake pockets

I'm guessing the NA version will have "RANGER" spelled out in the grille surround as it is currently.

Fully retracting or flip-down rear headrests in both the Supercab & SuperCrew would be nice

Like the rear foot steps!

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

As I predicted, 2”  increases in wheelbase and track, a nice improvement in usable space and stability.

V6 diesel confirmed for ROW markets, something Hilux will struggle to match….

The current version was already 90% the size of an F150. I suppose it'll continue to grow, but eventually it'll be pointless if it grows to 95%+ the size of an F150.

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I also do think the leaked one is the NA Ranger, the bumpers do look different from the global Ranger. I kinda like the leaked clay model more than the actual global Ranger.

ford-ranger-front.jpg

nextgenranger-wildtrak-front-3qtr-static.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Me either, but not all models have that.

I for one, think ours will look better with the separate front bumper.   Overall it looks pretty good!

Ford Ranger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

The current version was already 90% the size of an F150. I suppose it'll continue to grow, but eventually it'll be pointless if it grows to 95%+ the size of an F150.

That 90% of F150 comment by Ford was dismissive and intended to trivialise the need for Ranger.

You could say the same thing about Escape or Edge vs Explorer, it’s just nonsense.

What the changes do is give product space between Maverick and Ranger, anyone who drives a mid sized truck

will immediately realise the difference between it and a full-size pickup. It’s basically filling out the existing vehicle.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

That 90% of F150 comment by Ford was dismissive and intended to trivialise the need for Ranger.

You could say the same thing about Escape or Edge vs Explorer, it’s just nonsense.

What the changes do is give product space between Maverick and Ranger, anyone who drives a mid sized truck

will immediately realise the difference between it and a full-size pickup. It’s basically filling out the existing vehicle.

Until the generation after this one grows a few more inches again. There are already calls by some that the Maverick needs to grow when redesigned. I just wish the trend of vehicle bloat with each redesign would be restrained. I mean how much larger can the F150 get? With the Ranger getting close to F150 size should that also get bigger? That's my main concern whenever models keep increasing in size. The Ranger is a nice trim truck right now. That starts to go away with this enlarged design. If I wanted a bigger truck I'd buy an F150 and no I don't want a unibody Maverick for the way I use my vehicle.

Overall, it looks pretty nice, massive improvement over the current ranger imo. That being said, I find it pretty hilarious that so many people cricised the rangers design for now sharing enough of an identity with other Ford trucks visually. Now that the ranger looks somewhat similar to other Fords, people are complaining about that as well. Just goes to show that some people will never be pleased haha. That being said, the maverick might be my favorite looking ford truck still. Idk, it just looks so basic and effortless, yet it has enough styling to make it unique. 

4 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Until the generation after this one grows a few more inches again. There are already calls by some that the Maverick needs to grow when redesigned. I just wish the trend of vehicle bloat with each redesign would be restrained. I mean how much larger can the F150 get? With the Ranger getting close to F150 size should that also get bigger? That's my main concern whenever models keep increasing in size. The Ranger is a nice trim truck right now. That starts to go away with this enlarged design. If I wanted a bigger truck I'd buy an F150 and no I don't want a unibody Maverick for the way I use my vehicle.

Respect your opinion but I take a different view on this.

Widening the track was always going to happen because Ranger is mostly sold as high rider versions so helps by lowering center of gravity and improving stability. The 2” increase in wheelbase is Ford kicking out the front wheels slightly for a steeper recovery angle. So the new Ranger is not really bloated, it’s more a case of inclusion of American preference for a squarer, more slab sided vehicle.

This is absolutely the right direction for ROW markets and I think it will go down well in the US once people get to see it in the flesh, we’ll get them sooner here in Aus and I’m hoping to have a good look over it when that happens 

10 hours ago, bzcat said:

New for Ranger 3.0 V6 diesel and wide availability of 2.3 EB are game changer for Ranger outside North America. It will be interesting to see which engine buyers in markets like Australia prefers. 

The lack of 2.3 EB hybrid news at launch is kind of disappointing after so much mention of it. But I guess Ford wants to launch that drivetrain package on the Mustang first.

Also, looks like regular cab is dead. Only Extended and Crewcab for the new Ranger. 

Regular cab has already been seen via spy shots. Regular cab usually shows up in media later...

• Like 1