2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

That reminds me of the shifter that Jeep had to remove because it was causing roll aways. (Not saying they behave the same, but having the PRNDL on top leads me to believe this may not  have traditional detents, but may bounce back to its default position after putting in gear like the Jeep did) 

CB6BB8B8-747F-4385-AF40-CEE46FD1AE27.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Anthony said:

That reminds me of the shifter that Jeep had to remove because it was causing roll aways. (Not saying they behave the same, but having the PRNDL on top leads me to believe this may not  have traditional detents, but may bounce back to its default position after putting in gear like the Jeep did) 

I had that same conversation with my wife last night. 

13 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Regular cab has already been seen via spy shots. Regular cab usually shows up in media later...

There was a photo of a 6G camo Regular cab running around Detroit a few months back. We may not see a production version in NA, but ROW Ranger is the #1 pickup in several other markets where the compete with reg. cab Amroks, Hiluxs LandTreks etc as well as ROW versions of small PU's sold here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

There was a photo of a 6G camo Regular cab running around Detroit a few months back. We may not see a production version in NA, but ROW Ranger is the #1 pickup in several other markets where the compete with reg. cab Amroks, Hiluxs LandTreks etc as well as ROW versions of small PU's sold here.

They’ll need it if they want to pursue commercial fleet sales but that really depends on volume at MAP between Ranger and Bronco.

Personally I’d like to see a crew cab 6’ bed but doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

the Motor1 website has a graphic of the Ranger's shift knob operation, and it appears to have the same operation as my old '70 Challenger's ratchet shifter. Note also the absence of a Sport selection; paddle shifters?

161466214_ScreenShot2021-11-25at09_51_37.thumb.png.6cdb2664ee9ac9a2683714912e7801cd.png

32 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

the Motor1 website has a graphic of the Ranger's shift knob operation, and it appears to have the same operation as my old '70 Challenger's ratchet shifter. Note also the absence of a Sport selection; paddle shifters?

161466214_ScreenShot2021-11-25at09_51_37.thumb.png.6cdb2664ee9ac9a2683714912e7801cd.png

Wonder how the truck reviewers will respond to this, since they're always bich'n about the piano key shifter in the Lincoln, (which I like).

Edited by jniffen

21 hours ago, JayXJ said:

I also do think the leaked one is the NA Ranger, the bumpers do look different from the global Ranger. I kinda like the leaked clay model more than the actual global Ranger.

ford-ranger-front.jpg

nextgenranger-wildtrak-front-3qtr-static.jpg

You know what it is? Those black bars running under the grill are basically straight on the clay model. Which fits the squared off design. But the production version has those bars almost making like an hourglass shape, which looks out of place.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JayXJ said:

I also do think the leaked one is the NA Ranger, the bumpers do look different from the global Ranger. I kinda like the leaked clay model more than the actual global Ranger.

ford-ranger-front.jpg

I also prefer how on the clay model, the line sweeping across the top of the headlights and grille is one, even smooth line. On the production truck, they had the top of the grille kick up a bit about the headlights, which makes the design look fussier. Yeah, here's hoping the clay model is closer to what we get with the US spec ranger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

This one appears to have traditional detent positions rather than being just a push pull sequential shifter like the others.

16 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Regular cab has already been seen via spy shots. Regular cab usually shows up in media later...

Yea, I forgot about that spy photo of regular cab. 

Another interesting observation... all the articles and even Ford's own press kits said production will begin in Thailand and South Africa next year, followed by US. No mention of Argentina. It's almost as if Ford is hedging its bet on whether new Ranger will really be build there. Despite the investment in Argentina...

Edit: Ford Ranger reveal/press release and videos are not on the Argentina or Brazil section of media.ford.com but is on the Australia, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, South Africa, and Thailand sections. Draw your own conclusions...

Edited by bzcat
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

You know what it is? Those black bars running under the grill are basically straight on the clay model. Which fits the squared off design. But the production version has those bars almost making like an hourglass shape, which looks out of place.

I also find the more "swoopy" cut out on the mid part of the doors to be out of place on an otherwise more boxy design.

3 hours ago, sullynd said:

Surprised it’s not more similar to the Bronco interior. 

Why would it be?  They're unrelated aside from the platform and factory.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Why would it be?  They're unrelated aside from the platform and factory.

They’re unrelated other than the fact they’re related?  That’s like saying my brother and I are unrelated aside from having the same parents. 

The Bronco interior looks more truck like than this. I’m not saying it should be a straight lift, but why reinvent the wheel so to speak for a shifter for example; either trucky, like the F150 or Bronco, or car like with the dial in other Fords. This Chrysler looking shifter just seems out of place.  Would also be cool to offer the disappearing shifter like the F150. 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:32 PM, JayXJ said:

ford-ranger-front.jpg

Yup, you can see the traditional bumpers on the leaked photo and the different fender transitions because of it.  The current Ranger has similar changes as well to fit a standard bumper for the NA market.

Gotta say, I'm not loving the "fangs" on the front of the truck on either of the versions.

I'm wondering if the leaked gray photo is an early clay model because the side sculpting looks different on the doors as well as the hood cutline (vs the ROW production version).  I don't think Ford would change that from market to market, but who knows? (I actually prefer the hood cutline on the ROW production version)

Edited by Anthony

49 minutes ago, sullynd said:

The Bronco interior looks more truck like than this. I’m not saying it should be a straight lift, but why reinvent the wheel so to speak for a shifter for example; either trucky, like the F150 or Bronco, or car like with the dial in other Fords. This Chrysler looking shifter just seems out of place.  Would also be cool to offer the disappearing shifter like the F150. 

If you look closely it has a lot of F150 cues except the passenger side dash.  It’s possible the US version gets a slightly different design but I don’t see it getting a retro Bronco dash.

8 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

The gallery over on r6g shows that non-Wildtrack models have more vertical "fangs" than this. Looks like a conscious choice to emphasize the wide stance look of the Wildtrack.