2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

19 hours ago, bzcat said:

Edit: Ford Ranger reveal/press release and videos are not on the Argentina or Brazil section of media.ford.com but is on the Australia, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, South Africa, and Thailand sections. Draw your own conclusions...

In an effort to be optimistic (...), I think this might have to do with the fact that production in Argentina is not expected until 2023, probably as 24MY. 

Before launching the Ranger they tend to publicize other new products here, such as the Mach E - possibly the F150 (for Brazil) and the big Bronco (very few of them) too.

On 11/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, bzcat said:

Yea, I forgot about that spy photo of regular cab. 

Another interesting observation... all the articles and even Ford's own press kits said production will begin in Thailand and South Africa next year, followed by US. No mention of Argentina. It's almost as if Ford is hedging its bet on whether new Ranger will really be build there. Despite the investment in Argentina...

Edit: Ford Ranger reveal/press release and videos are not on the Argentina or Brazil section of media.ford.com but is on the Australia, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, South Africa, and Thailand sections. Draw your own conclusions...

I would not read too much into that. Argentine Ranger production usually begins two years after Thailand and South Africa.

From what I have heard, the expansion to the Ford plant there have already started.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:34 AM, ausrutherford said:

I would not read too much into that. Argentine Ranger production usually begins two years after Thailand and South Africa.

From what I have heard, the expansion to the Ford plant there have already started.

I guess maybe the Americas are on the same launch schedule? 

We'll probably learn more too when VW reveals its Amarok and where it will be build. 

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Supongo que tal vez América esté en el mismo calendario de lanzamiento. 

Probablemente también aprendamos más cuando VW revele su Amarok y dónde se construirá. 

Here in Argentina is going to begin to be produced in 2023. Remember that WV dropped from the joint project for this region,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Here in Argentina is going to begin to be produced in 2023. Remember that WV dropped from the joint project for this region,

All Amoroks will be built by Ford in South Africa, it might be easier to ship them to South America or maybe not……..

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

All Amoroks will be built by Ford in South Africa, it might be easier to ship them to South America or maybe not……..

I wouldn't count on an imported Amarok here, at least not in Brazil, due to tariffs. Also, VW is preparing production of the Tarok (a Maverick competitor) for around the same time the Amarok leaves the market, in 2024 or so. I guess VW will settle with only one (MQB) trucklet.

I guess that makes sense... VW will just exit the midsize pickup market in South America. Stellantis and Renault both tried and failed too. Hard to go up against Toyota, GM, and Ford - pickup trucks are core products for these three and they are not going to back down without a fight.

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

NextGenRanger-Design-morph-rear3QTR.gif.9b3a161252db10347d3078ee51227fd8.gif

Note: both overseas models....(note the missing wheel flares, different taillights, and tailgate on the current model in the above pic).  But it gives you an idea of the changes involved.  Very nice nip and tuck.

Worth noting, the "RANGER" is now stamped into the tailgate of the global Ranger instead of the decals. 

18 hours ago, Anthony said:

Note: both overseas models....(note the missing wheel flares, different taillights, and tailgate on the current model in the above pic).  But it gives you an idea of the changes involved.  Very nice nip and tuck.

Assuming this was done at correct scale and size and using identical trim, looks like the new one has higher beltline... The windows seems to be about an inch higher than before and the roof maybe 1.5 inch higher (some of that could be suspension height... like I said, not sure if they picked the same model). 

Dropping the flared wheel arch in favor of wider bed was a good decision.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, Anthony said:

From this angle the new one looks a bit like the new frontier. You can really see that squared up front end.2022-Nissan-Frontier-Guide.jpeg

Edited by T-dubz

On 12/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, benpack61 said:

Still shocked they come out with the Maverick. 

Concerned it will hurt thr Ranger/ F150 sales

I don't think it will, I feel like the truck segment is one of the most fragmented in the auto industry. Plenty of it is looks, but the Maverick isn't close to as capable as the Ranger with respect to towing. That said,  price point is probably the biggest barrier to the truck segment and the Maverick smashes through that.