2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

14 hours ago, B.Rocket said:

Did the bed length increase any? Super cab specifically 

For the NA market, doesn't the super cab already have the longest bed length at 6 ft anyway? Other markets will probably continue to offer a regular cab model with a 7 ft bed but I wouldn't expect that here. Since Ford uses the same length frame for all Ranger models getting a longer bed with any body style than what is already available would require a longer frame. As Mr Kirby said, I wouldn't count on that happening. 

1 hour ago, B.Rocket said:

Yeah, just thinking of all the motorcycles, bicycles and atvs that would fit (with tailgate shut) if it was about 3” longer. 

Still not long enough... My V-Strom 650 would need a full 8ft bed to fit entirely in the box. This is how it fits in my Ranger SuperCab, would barely fit in a SuperCrew with the tail gate down:

D'ELLE IN BOX.pages.pdf.jpg

IMG_0326.JPG

Got a 1998 Ranger with the 7 foot long bed that's hauled many motorcycles, all of them with both wheels in the bed and on some I could even close the tailgate. With the short beds common now one wheel generally ends up on the tailgate, and tailgates and the cables holding them up were never designed for those weights- I've seen Harley trikes that weight at least a thousand pounds with the heavy end (back) sitting on a tailgate. As these tailgates and cables get rusted and dump their loads on the road the manufacturers are going to be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

If you look at the trends over the last couple decades trucks have become supersized old tech cars and lost the features that attract real truck users to them. If I were in the market for a work truck, I'd probably skip pickups entirely and buy an Isuzu or similar.

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Take the front tire off. I used to cart my bike around in a Taurus with trunk closed. Easily put 2 bikes in back of Escape with tailgate closed. Quick release hubs make it easy. 

I have a cannondale MTB with a lefty fork, so the quick release is not an option.  

On 3/10/2022 at 12:35 PM, B.Rocket said:

I have a cannondale MTB with a lefty fork, so the quick release is not an option.  

I have a Fusion right now but I'm most likely going to get a truck next so this is also on my radar. I use a sea sucker right now and they may have a solution for this. Their mounts attach to any flat surface (rear glass, cab top) and I believe the have a lefty mount too. 

I was skeptical using them at first but. I've driven up to 80 with my bike on top and have had no problems.

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 3:46 AM, akirby said:

May of 2023 for a 2023 model?  That doesn’t make any sense.

Well we finally have some confirmation on model year for the next generation Ranger. 2023 will be a carryover model and the new generation will be a 2024. Not sure when Job #1 for the 2024 will be, but 2023 will probably be a short model run. Looks like the current gen ended up getting a 5 year model run.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2023-ford-ranger-order-banks-to-open-up-next-month/

9 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well we finally have some confirmation on model year for the next generation Ranger. 2023 will be a carryover model and the new generation will be a 2024. Not sure when Job #1 for the 2024 will be, but 2023 will probably be a short model run. Looks like the current gen ended up getting a 5 year model run.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2023-ford-ranger-order-banks-to-open-up-next-month/

The plan as I heard it was always Global launch plus 12 months for North America as the current Ranger had upgrades over final PX III Ranger it was base on. Those upgrades were intended to keep it fresh for slightly longer than the global version. Probably wise anyway  to get more Bronco production stability before switching Ranger.

I know this disappoints certain Ranger buyers but a little bird says that Maybe Ranger Raptor is coming sooner than the rest of the NG Ranger range, I’ll keep my ear to the ground on this one…could be false.

Edited by jpd80

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I know this disappoints certain Ranger buyers but a little bird says that Maybe Ranger Raptor is coming sooner than the rest of the NG Ranger range, I’ll keep my ear to the ground on this one…could be false.

That would be too good to be true. 

• Like 1