2023 Ranger Grill shown after camo slips off

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So what’s the anticipated job 1 date for the 2023 Ranger?  Seriously considering trading my F150 since trade in is what I paid for it 4 years ago.

If I remember correctly, it's May of 2023 for the US. I think this will be my next truck also.

36 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

If I remember correctly, it's May of 2023 for the US. I think this will be my next truck also.

That’s roughly 12 months after the global version goes on sale…

I remember the current US Ranger was given upgrades over the current global Ranger because it had to run a year longer.

9 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

If the multiple reports of May 2023 for start of NA production are anywhere near accurate, too late for me after I retire at the end of '22, and lose my company car.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Not saying it can’t be May of 23 - but at that point it would be a 2024 model not a 2023.

Not necessarily. Look at 2015 Edge as proof. It didn't get to job 1 until January of 2015

Remember, all job 1 really means is full line speed. Customers can buy MP1 and MP2 builds. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not necessarily. Look at 2015 Edge as proof. It didn't get to job 1 until January of 2015

Remember, all job 1 really means is full line speed. Customers can buy MP1 and MP2 builds. 

But that was January, not May.  And I think it was delayed at least once or twice.  The big problem is you can’t continue building 2022 models as of Jan 1 2023.  So that would mean 5 months of no production which is completely unreasonable.

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

But that was January, not May.  And I think it was delayed at least once or twice.  The big problem is you can’t continue building 2022 models as of Jan 1 2023.  So that would mean 5 months of no production which is completely unreasonable.

Wouldn't be the first time Ford did something like that. FRAP only built Fusions for a few months before S550 started production. Bronco is a hot enough product I think they could manage producing 0 Rangers for a little while and not lose sleep over it. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wouldn't be the first time Ford did something like that. FRAP only built Fusions for a few months before S550 started production. Bronco is a hot enough product I think they could manage producing 0 Rangers for a little while and not lose sleep over it. 

If they’re planning a several month shutdown anyway then I guess it makes sense especially if they can build more Broncos.  Just seems really really odd not to make it a 2024 at that point.

Have there been any interior volume specs released yet? Specifically hip and shoulder widths? I know they have stated that the frame and track will be 2" wider than the current truck but does that also translate into more interior room? 

Since they have also said that the wheelbase was stretched 2" by moving the front wheels forward does that have any effect on cab length? I read somewhere that the overall length did not increase so unless the front of the cab got moved forward as well (fenders and hood shortened) you would not expect any change to the cab length. However, I also read or heard in a video that there was more rear seat leg room. Any real confirmation of that?

On 12/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, akirby said:

If they’re planning a several month shutdown anyway then I guess it makes sense especially if they can build more Broncos.  Just seems really really odd not to make it a 2024 at that point.

By that logic we should have started building 2022 Broncos in May when we got to job 1 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, Jbrubakerjr said:

Any update on the Job1 Date. I see some news that it may be as soon as late summer of fall of 2022? I just ordered my 2022 Ranger a few weeks ago, and wondering if I should now hold off...

They haven't even shown the North American version yet so I would be shocked if they moved Job #1 up to the summer or fall of 2022. I still think late spring 2023 is much more likely.

51 minutes ago, Jbrubakerjr said:

Any update on the Job1 Date. I see some news that it may be as soon as late summer of fall of 2022? I just ordered my 2022 Ranger a few weeks ago, and wondering if I should now hold off...

Ford has not released the timeline for any 2023MY vehicle lines yet. The only vehicle line with 2023MY production information is the 2023MY Lincoln Aviator with an Order Bank Open Date on 03/14/2022 and Job #1 Date 05/30/22.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

If the Ranger and Bronco are currently being built on the same assembly line and they need to do any updates to the line in order to produce the next gen Ranger, how does that affect Bronco production, if at all?

They’ll just pause production during the changeover.  It will probably coincide with the Bronco MY changeover.  If it’s going to be more than a couple of weeks they’ll usually overproduce if possible in the prior month to make up the volume.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:54 PM, blksn8k2 said:

Have there been any interior volume specs released yet? Specifically hip and shoulder widths? I know they have stated that the frame and track will be 2" wider than the current truck but does that also translate into more interior room? 

Since they have also said that the wheelbase was stretched 2" by moving the front wheels forward does that have any effect on cab length? I read somewhere that the overall length did not increase so unless the front of the cab got moved forward as well (fenders and hood shortened) you would not expect any change to the cab length. However, I also read or heard in a video that there was more rear seat leg room. Any real confirmation of that?

Did the bed length increase any? Super cab specifically 

On 3/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, blksn8k2 said:

If the Ranger and Bronco are currently being built on the same assembly line and they need to do any updates to the line in order to produce the next gen Ranger, how does that affect Bronco production, if at all?

I can't speak to final assembly but with Body there are changes to the line but nothing that will inhibit the current model. Any new workstations will automatically be in bypass mode when new models aren't in the station. This isn't really anything out of the ordinary from what I understand.