2022 Zephyr

10 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I think chrome is a more American taste

I really like that car and wish things were different and it was built here.

Not for this American, I hate chrome.  But I agree with you regarding the car.  It’s a nice design.  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, tbone said:

Not for this American, I hate chrome.  But I agree with you regarding the car.  It’s a nice design.  

Yeah, not a massive chrome fan myself. Thankfully, the only chrome on our explorer is a trim piece bridging the taillights with explorer stamped on it. That is one of the few occasions where I think chrome looks decent and tasteful. Plus the chrome strip flows right into the white reverse indicators on the taillights, so it looks pretty distinct. But most of the time, when I see chrome, my mouth fills with heaps of vomit.

2 hours ago, JTL2017 said:

It kinda bothers me this interior looks like the evos inside. Where are the perfect positioned seats? Overall, I’m not impressed with the interior. I do wonder what the aviator ev interior willl look like now.  

I wouldn't read too much into this interior in regards to what we'll get here in US-oriented products.  Remember this is geared at the Chinese market that apparently want nothing but screen as the dash.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, JTL2017 said:

It kinda bothers me this interior looks like the evos inside. Where are the perfect positioned seats? Overall, I’m not impressed with the interior. I do wonder what the aviator ev interior willl look like now.  

yeah, it bothers me too, I don't understand why they did a interior that looks so much as the Evos, I mean after all these years trying to differentiate from Ford ?‍♂️

It is a nice interior but I am not impressed either cause we kinda already saw it on the Evos

ALL-NEW LINCOLN ZEPHYR DEBUTS AT AUTO GUANGZHOU 2021 HIGHLIGHTING LINCOLN’S FUTURE DESIGN AND CONNECTED FEATURES

image.png.e79eb9acf70e97b83af6c910565f5436.png

GUANGZHOU, China, Nov. 19, 2021 – Lincoln today debuted its first locally-produced sedan – the all-new Lincoln Zephyr – in China at Auto Guangzhou. The highly anticipated Zephyr highlights the future direction of Lincoln’s design and intelligent technology, and is expected to contribute to Lincoln’s growth in China.

“For nearly a century, Lincoln has been redefining luxury with stunning design, advanced technologies and world-class products,” said Joy Falotico, president, Lincoln. “We are committed to listening to the needs of our customers and the all-new Zephyr is a perfect example of this. The all-new Lincoln Zephyr is specifically designed for the young, Chinese customer and continues our tradition of reimagining design and technology for the future.”

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2021/11/19/all-new-lincoln-zephyr.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

yeah, it bothers me too, I don't understand why they did a interior that looks so much as the Evos, I mean after all these years trying to differentiate from Ford ?‍♂️

It is a nice interior but I am not impressed either cause we kinda already saw it on the Evos

North American tastes in Interiors are different then China. People don't care if Ford's have "low rent" interiors, where its the opposite in China. China is the biggest car market and Ford is focusing on keeping and getting more customers in China, so they get the better tech/materials then North America. 

I think the vast majority of car buyers in the US think of cars as appliances and don't care if their interiors look like one. 

IMO its slightly overrated because years back people where claiming how much nicer say a 1st gen Focus interior in the EU was better then North America-and when I spent time in one I couldn't really tell much of a difference between them. 

For me it is all about the interior.  This is where we spend the most time with a car.  The exterior style must be inviting , ( no Pontiac Aztec please) , but the interior must be bright, tasteful and luxurious to the price point or better of the vehicle.  This is one beautiful interior, in every way.  If a Nautilus, Corsair etc has this interior and it would raise the base price an extra $500 it is hugely worth it.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, escapeman said:

For me it is all about the interior.  This is where we spend the most time with a car.  The exterior style must be inviting , ( no Pontiac Aztec please) , but the interior must be bright, tasteful and luxurious to the price point or better of the vehicle.  This is one beautiful interior, in every way.  If a Nautilus, Corsair etc has this interior and it would raise the base price an extra $500 it is hugely worth it.  

It would be worth it for a luxury car, but it wouldn't be for a Ford product. 

It will be interesting to see what Lincoln introduces as their 5th new product to North America. Another CUV? A sport sedan? Another SUV? I know it will be a BEV. Or will Lincon stick with the four segments they are in and just replace each one with BEV version. So far no one seems to know if Lincoln will introduce a 5th new product in another segment. Maybe this is it and new products will just be BEV versions of present products. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

It will be interesting to see what Lincoln introduces as their 5th new product to North America. Another CUV? A sport sedan? Another SUV? I know it will be a BEV. Or will Lincon stick with the four segments they are in and just replace each one with BEV version. So far no one seems to know if Lincoln will introduce a 5th new product in another segment. Maybe this is it and new products will just be BEV versions of present products. 

I don't see it being a sport sedan.  Seems like BEV crossover is likely.

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't see it being a sport sedan.  Seems like BEV crossover is likely.

I seem to remember FMC saying at some point that they plan to slot in a BEV mid-sized 2-row crossover to hit the size and basic functionality of the Nautilus, the production of which will soon come to an end. The timing should be about right to not leave that as a white space in the Lincoln line-up.

GE2 platform midsize Ford and Lincoln BEV are confirmed. We just don't know where Ford will build it. Initially, it was supposed to be a new building at Flat Rock, then it was moved to Ohio; then to Cautitlan with Mach E, but now seems likely to be in BlueOval City in Tennessee. 

I still stand by my comments that the wheel arches (especially the rear ones) look too small. Every Ford model that has had that 6th window design has suffered from the same affliction. 2 generations of Mondeo, Fusion, MKZ, and now this - they've all suffered from far too much distance between the top of the wheel arch and the window line. It looks weak... droopy...

Edited by justins