2022 Zephyr

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The patent drawing side shot is hideously out of proportion.  The concept pictures are much better.

Slightly out of proportion, but we expected that. Concept car proportions almost never carry over completely to the production model. It still has nice details in terms of the overall shape, and the graphical elements are virtually unchanged, like the taillights, grille, and headlights. It's still a great looking car.

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Well its even worse with a two box design know as a crossover LOL

With Utilities you have far more options.  Look at Bronco/Bronco Sport vs other utilities.  Multiple ride heights, multiple tire sizes.  Multiple roof heights.  D pillars.  Off road packages.   Many many more ways to differentiate them.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, ZanatWork said:

Kia called, and asked why a big, shiny grille is being slapped on their Stinger....

Agreed, the grill it extremely too big.  Looks to much like a KIA. 

I liked the look of the last MKZ and Connie, but this, I do not.

It''s like putting so much steak sauce, it's all you taste not the meat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justins said:

Front and rear overhangs in patent drawing are awful compared to concept, and the wheels look tiny.  Why does Ford insist on putting tiny wheels on their mid size vehicles?  The last Fusion / Mondeo suffered the same affliction.  

probably not looking at the top model (bigger wheels) in a patent drawing.

17 hours ago, justins said:

The arches themselves are too small to make any size wheel look good. And the front overhang is Audi-esque. 

I'd still refer back to the fact it's patent drawings with out actual surface details/reflections/etc, so it's bound to look better in real pictures than what we're seeing here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The grill needs some more bright work on it...then again it might be a Chinese taste thing too.

I think if that were sold here, the grille would be all chrome. I think chrome is a more American taste and not an item of importance to other regions of the world.

I really like that car and wish things were different and it was built here.