Ranger Most Reliable Midsized Truck in 2021 CR Rankings

33 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Tesla far more than any other automotive brand has refused to stand pat, and has played a key role in the whole automotive industry's ongoing transformation

I wholeheartedly disagree with this premise. The biggest driving force has been politicians forcing this down our throats. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thats the way it's supposed to work though, not forced upon us by those in charge who act like they know everything. 

Everywhere is the same now though Fuzzy, we’re paying upwards of $1.90/liter (US$5.00/gal) for gas in Australia 

so everyone is either in efficient diesels or hybrids and unofficially, Tesla sales are around 2,000 sales a month

but that’s not even 3% of monthly sales.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this premise. The biggest driving force has been politicians forcing this down our throats. 

8 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

But then again, driving a Tesla is exactly what changed my opinion on EVs.

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thats the way it's supposed to work though, not forced upon us by those in charge who act like they know everything. 

Market forces will being about the "green era" that dopes like AOC and Bernie Sanders salivate over, not government overreach.

None of the 200,000 Lightning reservations are being forced into a BEV, there’s lots of willing people out there.

And I’m lead to believe, that 200,000 figure doesn’t include fleet orders, how many more will there be with $12,000 tax credit?

I can’t wait to see what the response to a BEV Explorer/Aviator will be……..things are really looking good for Ford 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, go figure. Escape and BS have the same powertrains and share many other parts and systems. No problems with my Escape after 19 months. CR never asked me. I believe the 2002 Taurus got poor ratings from CR and I drove mine 17 years with ONE recall. No reliability issues. I would also assume reliability has improved on the 2021 Explorer/Aviator in its 2nd year and hundreds of assembly tweaks.

Same.  We've had the Escape Hybrid almost two years and the only thing that went wrong was the subwoofer bracket broke (though apparently that's so common the service advisor finished my sentence for me).  The 2010 Taurus has 180,000 on the clock and aside from wear items has been bullet-proof.  

2 hours ago, BoomerSooner said:

Same.  We've had the Escape Hybrid almost two years and the only thing that went wrong was the subwoofer bracket broke (though apparently that's so common the service advisor finished my sentence for me).  The 2010 Taurus has 180,000 on the clock and aside from wear items has been bullet-proof.  

Ford Authority article today stated that CR has seen a lot less complaints about the 2021 Escape as compared to the 2020. No complaints about my Escape Hybrid after 19 months and 8,000+ miles. Only problem was back up camera replaced on recall.

Now I don't have a 3 cylinder engine and 8 speed trans, but my 2020 Escape has no electronic problems and no suspension or fit and finish problems that CR has said plagues the 2020 Escape. In fact, my Escape has the best paint job I have ever had on a vehicle. Hard to believe LAP is that inconsistent in building vehicles. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Anthony said:

My Ranger (will be 3 years old next month) has been absolutely 100% perfect.  No issues to speak of at all.  One of the most reliable vehicles I've owned (especially coming from a Mk3 Focus)

Good to hear Anthony sir. The 2019 Ranger my family's landscaping business uses has also been very reliable. Only real issue is rough shift quality for the 10-speed automatic transmission, and I don't consider that a malfunction. Autonation Ford updated the transmission software twice. That has improved things, but occasional jolts with the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 2-1 shifts remain. 

43 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Ford Authority article today stated that CR has seen a lot less complaints about the 2021 Escape as compared to the 2020.

Yes sir FordBuyer, that is correct. Current gen Ford Escape reliability improved dramatically in model year 2021 compared to the first model year (2020) in CR's reliability survey. Explorer improved as well for 2021, but not as much as Escape.

26 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir FordBuyer, that is correct. Current gen Ford Escape reliability improved dramatically in model year 2021 compared to the first model year (2020) in CR's reliability survey. Explorer improved as well for 2021, but not as much as Escape.

I would say it's normal for all new 1st year vehicles to have teething problems that improve as factory improves build quality over time and identifies and improves problem areas and parts. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I would say it's normal for all new 1st year vehicles to have teething problems that improve as factory improves build quality over time and identifies and improves problem areas and parts. 

Yes sir FordBuyer, you are absolutely correct. Consumer Reports' data confirms this, and for years they have advised consumers to be extra cautious when considering a completely new or redesigned car in its 1st model year.

A happy exception to the rule is 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. As mentioned earlier in this topic, it got a better than average reliability rating in its 1st year. Hopefully that is indicative of improved quality control and product launch processes at Ford.

Edited by rperez817

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir FordBuyer, you are absolutely correct. Consumer Reports' data confirms this, and for years they have advised consumers to be extra cautious when considering a completely new or redesigned car in its 1st model year.

A happy exception to the rule is 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. As mentioned earlier in this topic, it got a better than average reliability rating in its 1st year. Hopefully that is indicative of improved quality control and product launch processes at Ford.

Or maybe as has been said on here that BEVs are simpler, less parts and maintenance. That would be another benefit to owning all electric....less things to go wrong right after assembly and years down the road. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, go figure. Escape and BS have the same powertrains and share many other parts and systems. No problems with my Escape after 19 months. CR never asked me. I believe the 2002 Taurus got poor ratings from CR and I drove mine 17 years with ONE recall. No reliability issues. I would also assume reliability has improved on the 2021 Explorer/Aviator in its 2nd year and hundreds of assembly tweaks.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, FordBuyer said:

Ford Authority article today stated that CR has seen a lot less complaints about the 2021 Escape as compared to the 2020. No complaints about my Escape Hybrid after 19 months and 8,000+ miles. Only problem was back up camera replaced on recall.

Now I don't have a 3 cylinder engine and 8 speed trans, but my 2020 Escape has no electronic problems and no suspension or fit and finish problems that CR has said plagues the 2020 Escape. In fact, my Escape has the best paint job I have ever had on a vehicle. Hard to believe LAP is that inconsistent in building vehicles. 

Weeeellllll, the paint quality is a mixed bag on our 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium.  I'm not sure but what the roof wasn't painted with a Sherwin-Williams brush.  Fortunately, it's a leased vehicle, I only see it when I'm washing it, so not a big deal.