Anyone Have eSourceBook for 22 Explorer

17 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

You can get it wherever you like but there are propriety documents from Ford that I won't disclose. 

No problem I understand. I didn’t realize it was that secret since I saw other vehicles posted.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 2:09 AM, st8 said:

I’ve seen other esourcebooks posted on forums for other vehicles. For example, I found one for the maverick.  

https://ca.edubirdie.com/essay-writing-help

I was wondering the same thing when I saw this link. 
I certainly need help writing an essay, but it's not like I'm posting a link to it on this site. While I thank you for the good resource, it's where cars are discussed.

Edited by BrantMoore

• ice-capades changed the title to Anyone Have eSourceBook for 22 Explorer
19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

And most, if not all, questions would be answered simply by reading the Owner's Manual!  

Somebody on a Bronco Sport forum had a vehicle that wouldn’t start and they didn’t know how to get it out of park for the tow truck.  I politely pointed out (as politely as I’m capable of) that the answer to both of those issues was in the owner’s manual and was promptly called as asshole for trying to educate people.  Excuse me for trying to help someone not be stranded for hours waiting for an answer they could find themselves in less than 5 minutes.  So frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, ice-capades said:

And most, if not all, questions would be answered simply by reading the Owner's Manual!  

You mean like how my 2022 explorer manual still says my explorer has front window de-icer when it in fact it doesn’t? It was only in the 2020. Yeah, those manuals are real dependable and have all the answers. 

Edited by st8

52 minutes ago, st8 said:

You mean like how my 2022 explorer manual still says my explorer has front window de-icer when it in fact it doesn’t? It was only in the 2020. Yeah, those manuals are real dependable and have all the answers. 

I can understand that but still doesn't mean that I'm going to violate Ford's strongly worded non-disclosure notice regarding the vehicle eSourceBooks.  

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I can understand that but still doesn't mean that I'm going to violate Ford's strongly worded non-disclosure notice regarding the vehicle eSourceBooks.  

I understand. I don’t want anyone to get in trouble.  

I was looking for the info because ford tells me my 22 ST with 401a should have leds ambient lighting in the cupholder. But I don’t.  And my dealer is worthless.  

35 minutes ago, st8 said:

I understand. I don’t want anyone to get in trouble.  

I was looking for the info because ford tells me my 22 ST with 401a should have leds ambient lighting in the cupholder. But I don’t.  And my dealer is worthless.  

I can understand your frustration but can tell you that eSourceBook won't help with why your vehicle doesn't have the Ambient Lighting feature included with the #401A High Package on the 2022 Explorer ST as noted in the 2022 Explorer Order Guide. If your Dealer hasn't submitted a Misbuilt Vehicle Claim or tried submitting a warranty claim, or is unable or unwilling to assist you further, I'd suggest calling Ford and filing a complaint regarding the issue.    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I can understand your frustration but can tell you that eSourceBook won't help with why your vehicle doesn't have the Ambient Lighting feature included with the #401A High Package on the 2022 Explorer ST as noted in the 2022 Explorer Order Guide. If your Dealer hasn't submitted a Misbuilt Vehicle Claim or tried submitting a warranty claim, or is unable or unwilling to assist you further, I'd suggest calling Ford and filing a complaint regarding the issue.    

Okay thank you. That info is really helpful. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 10:06 AM, akirby said:

Somebody on a Bronco Sport forum had a vehicle that wouldn’t start and they didn’t know how to get it out of park for the tow truck.  I politely pointed out (as politely as I’m capable of) that the answer to both of those issues was in the owner’s manual and was promptly called as asshole for trying to educate people.  Excuse me for trying to help someone not be stranded for hours waiting for an answer they could find themselves in less than 5 minutes.  So frustrating.

Honestly, this is no different than someone coming on a forum and asking a question that has been asked dozens of times and not using the "search" function first to find the answer.  Instead, they are IMO lazy and always want others to do the work for them.  YMMV

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

Honestly, this is no different than someone coming on a forum and asking a question that has been asked dozens of times and not using the "search" function first to find the answer.  Instead, they are IMO lazy and always want others to do the work for them.  YMMV

It is laziness and it drives me nuts.  Especially if I have to spend time looking up the answer for them.  If I want to know something I go to the manual first either physically or find it online.  Only takes a few minutes.  I only ask if I can’t find the answer.  But it seems some people would rather just stay in the dark before they spend 5 minutes finding the answer on their own.  And if you call them out they get nasty and say “that’s what forums are for”.

• Like 3