Super Duty Back Orders

Ryanc3055

I saw someone claiming to work at the plant say 251,000 in the order bank. Currently producing about 8500 per week. 

I have no idea how valid this information is. As already mentioned ford doesnt release this information publicly.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to Super Duty Back Orders
20 hours ago, mattdm said:

I saw someone claiming to work at the plant say 251,000 in the order bank. Currently producing about 8500 per week. 

I have no idea how valid this information is. As already mentioned ford doesnt release this information publicly.

This is what we are seeing at the plant.  We will be down for 3 weeks at Christmas.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, waloud said:

Yes we are building about 8,000-8,500 a week.  Our order bank for the Super Duty is around 252,000 units.  We will be shutting down at least 3 weeks for Christmas.

3 week holiday shutdown? No wonder unions get a bad rap for not getting work done. 

5 hours ago, 2Wheel-Lee said:

3 week holiday shutdown? No wonder unions get a bad rap for not getting work done. 

This is not normal for a 3 week shutdown.   We are usually down from the 24th to the 1st.  This way our main. crew and outside maint. crew get time to do repairs and machine replacements.  This year we are down for 3 weeks so they can start getting ready for the 2023 model.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, waloud said:

This is not normal for a 3 week shutdown.   We are usually down from the 24th to the 1st.  This way our main. crew and outside maint. crew get time to do repairs and machine replacements.  This year we are down for 3 weeks so they can start getting ready for the 2023 model.  

Thanks for the confirmation. As I stated originally, the additional 2 weeks of the plant down time were for reasons other than additional vacation time. Unfortunately, others started speculating that the UAW was involved. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eds said:

Any idea when Ford Tracking information will be back up and running?

The ford.com tracking is working as well as its normal flakey self. The third party sites like the mache tracker and the FTE spreadsheet may never work again. apparently ford did some modifications on the back end and the API that fed the data to those sites no longer works. Its suspected the change was intentional and isn't just a bug.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:01 AM, waloud said:

building about 8,000-8,500 a week...order bank for the Super Duty is around 252,000 units

That is a lot of trucks and not much time to build them before the next MY comes out.
So at approximately 7.5mos worth of builds (w/o delays) in queue, I wonder what the cut-off will be and when they tell folks to re-order '23s?

I would think Ford see's that they have enough orders to extend to August 2023.

11 hours ago, mattdm said:

The ford.com tracking is working as well as its normal flakey self. The third party sites like the mache tracker and the FTE spreadsheet may never work again. apparently ford did some modifications on the back end and the API that fed the data to those sites no longer works. Its suspected the change was intentional and isn't just a bug.

Maybe FORD did not like people being able to track how trucks where being built (newer older VS older ones)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NoPistons said:

That is a lot of trucks and not much time to build them before the next MY comes out.
So at approximately 7.5mos worth of builds (w/o delays) in queue, I wonder what the cut-off will be and when they tell folks to re-order '23s?

I would think Ford see's that they have enough orders to extend to August 2023.

Again the question is how many of those ~250,000 units are dealer stock, and how many are customer orders?  

Here and elsewhere I have seen that there are still orders from late spring that haven’t been scheduled, so I shouldn’t be discouraged that mine from mid-October is still in limbo. I suppose I have done everything I can do by removing the “nice-to-have” problematic options in order to help increase my odds for getting picked in the scheduling lottery.