Do big dealerships get orders faster?

Ryanc3055

47 minutes ago, Ryanc3055 said:

Do big dealerships get orders faster?

I'm asking because the place I order from is on the smaller side and see were people are going ahead an ordering another truck from other dealers and just not worrying about the first one

The dealers receive additional allocations for retail orders, so the question to ask is how many SD's does the dealer have ahead of your order and what are the priorities. When I ordered, my Sales Manager advised how many SD orders were ahead of mine and when he figured they would be built.

He speculated mine would be scheduled mid Nov, but since then non-availability of key F-450 parts have prevented mine getting scheduled.

I feel like if I ordered at a big dealership I would have been at least scheduled by now.as I see lots and lots of similar builds being picked up quickly elsewhere. I ordered at a tiny dealer and my July 9 order is yet to be picked up. Only commodity restraint to my knowledge is the bed liner that is part of the black appearance package.

Our dealer is in a town of 9000 in NW Nebraska, and the only new car dealer in the county.  We ordered our new truck on April 16, and it was delivered on August 11.  By my observations, this was good as it got at the time.  When I placed the order, the salesman told me they had an allocation of one 22 MY Super Duty, and that we got to use that allocation.  I look at their website weekly, and as far as I can tell, our new truck is the only 22 MY vehicle they’ve received at this point.  So, I feel like there was a lot of luck and timing involved, but I feel very lucky and blessed to have received our new truck as quickly as we did, and that working with a small dealer in a small town worked greatly in our favor.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it makes no difference at all what size dealer it is.  Mine was a large dealer and it took 9.5 months.  It's not the dealer. It's Ford and it's suppliers.  Stop looking for reasons, relax, expect it will take forever.  Maybe it will be quick, but you should not expect it to be quick.