System choosing

rsharpejr87

Can anyone offer any ACTUAL insight as to how ford is choosing which trucks to build and when.

As in why are some trucks being built first over others that were already on order.

And no im not talking about different commodities and such as that. im talking identical builds that are showing up on these forums. What makes Ford choose the build from 9/23 over the identical build that was placed on 8/13.

And yes those are specific dates lol

I ordered my build on 8/13 and my coworker ordered his 9/23. He already has a VIN and scheduled date, whereas I got diddly squat. I know everyone is complaining about there issues and I know im not nearly as far in as others. but its a little disheartening not having any clue as to the rhyme or reason in this selection process. 

Its borderline maddening

13 minutes ago, rsharpejr87 said:

Can anyone offer any ACTUAL insight as to how ford is choosing which trucks to build and when.

As in why are some trucks being built first over others that were already on order.

And no im not talking about different commodities and such as that. im talking identical builds that are showing up on these forums. What makes Ford choose the build from 9/23 over the identical build that was placed on 8/13.

And yes those are specific dates lol

I ordered my build on 8/13 and my coworker ordered his 9/23. He already has a VIN and scheduled date, whereas I got diddly squat. I know everyone is complaining about there issues and I know im not nearly as far in as others. but its a little disheartening not having any clue as to the rhyme or reason in this selection process. 

Its borderline maddening

If they were at the same dealer, then priority code could matter.

11 minutes ago, rsharpejr87 said:

different dealers, but in the beginning I had a 10 and he had a 19, about two weeks ago I got bumped to a 2 somehow, thought I would hear something from anyone since then, got nothing

In that case, you can't compare priority codes.  They only matter within the same dealer.  So it had to do with the dealer probably.  Were both orders entered into COVP?

I hear the Ram dealers are getting trucks in really fast.  Maybe you'd prefer...

Let me be a little more clear by listing a few things that you don't actually know.

• The builds of all those trucks whose dates you're looking at
  • Anything at all about your dealer's, and your friend's dealer's unscheduled order bank.
  • The commodity issues that Ford is dealing with -- it goes well beyond particular option codes listed in the order guide.  How many unique parts are in one truck do you think?
  • The labor issues that Ford deals with at KTP given COVID, holidays, vacations, and who knows what else.

Is that enough for you to realize that you don't realize much at all about what's involved?

There is SO MUCH information here already -- been here for LITERALLY YEARS a lot of it -- about how the process works, not to mention all of the info also at the FTE forums, and it is pretty obvious that you really just wanted to vent.

Questions?  Read what's already available first.  Then if you have any questions that aren't covered there, plenty of people will be willing and eager to answer them.

Or maybe you just wanted to hear some meetoos.

Edited by BigUnixGeek

10 hours ago, rsharpejr87 said:

different dealers, but in the beginning I had a 10 and he had a 19, about two weeks ago I got bumped to a 2 somehow, thought I would hear something from anyone since then, got nothing

The USOB's (Unscheduled Order Bank) are exclusive to each dealership and one dealership's USOB has nothing to do with another dealership's USOB. The same applies to priority codes for unscheduled orders. Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Ordering System) system default to priority code "19" requiring Dealers to manually apply a lower (10-18) code to prioritize the orders withing the dealership's own USOB. Priority codes "01" or "02" can only be assigned by Ford and the Ford regional offices. 

In order to receive e-mail communications from Ford, the customer's e-mail must be attached to the order in the WBDO system. Ford does not send e-mail notices regarding priority code changes. Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides the latest information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Overthebars said:

I think they are just as bad as ford. Have a family member who has been waiting months for a 2500 hasn't heard a thing since ordering.

This is an industry wide problem.  Ford is actually in better shape right now than most others.  They took their big hit back in the Spring.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The USOB's (Unscheduled Order Bank) are exclusive to each dealership and one dealership's USOB has nothing to do with another dealership's USOB. The same applies to priority codes for unscheduled orders. Retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Ordering System) system default to priority code "19" requiring Dealers to manually apply a lower (10-18) code to prioritize the orders withing the dealership's own USOB. Priority codes "01" or "02" can only be assigned by Ford and the Ford regional offices. 

In order to receive e-mail communications from Ford, the customer's e-mail must be attached to the order in the WBDO system. Ford does not send e-mail notices regarding priority code changes. Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that provides the latest information on order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates.  

Ok ok I think I get it now. Thanks for the helpful info!

• Like 1