Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

Ordered 2022 F250 XLT in August.  Was excited when my truck went to priority 02.  Spoke with my guy at the dealership the end of last week however and he told me that my truck may never get built because of me including spray in bed liner and hard Toneau cover on my order.  I asked him to delete them from the order and he can not because of the priority 02 setting.  Is it really possible that I'm just stuck now and it won't get built???  My guy does seem to know what he's talking about but it just doesn't seem right.

Edited by CBears

On the bright side of things by deleting those you can always go buy a cover aftermarket and have Line-X are somebody similar put in the bed liner.

I guess that's better than having your heart set on 4wd, or a 7.3/6.7 or 4.30 rear end and then Ford saying they're out of either one of those...now that would sadden many people there!...lol

That sitnks!  From my pending F150 order I know the spray in issue is for real.  I dropped it from my order and I was scheduled the next week.  Could you just order another truck?  Your dealer shouldn't mind because he can quickly retail your old order when it comes in.  For you though you want to make sure you don't lose any incentives be doing this.

The following information from the New York Regional Office was posted earlier in the Ford Scheduling Notes forum.

Availability of the options listed is being prioritized exclusively for retail orders in order to expedite scheduling. 

• 22MY Super Duty Scheduling:  Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Hitch (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S

Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The following information from the New York Regional Office was posted earlier in the Ford Scheduling Notes forum.

Availability of the options listed is being prioritized exclusively for retail orders in order to expedite scheduling. 

• 22MY Super Duty Scheduling:  Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Hitch (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S

Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.

At least that is something. I’d take these off if I could. Mine is a retail order so fingers crossed. Thank you for the info. 

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why can’t you?

The Ford ordering system will not let them because it is already a priority 02.  I asked my guy to take them off and he tried.  I don't want to resubmit because I've already got 4 months wait time in.  Hopefully at some point Ford will just decide to remove the liner from the order and schedule it or at least give the dealer the option to do it.  My guess is there are lots of folks in the same boat as I am.

19 minutes ago, CBears said:

The Ford ordering system will not let them because it is already a priority 02.  I asked my guy to take them off and he tried.  I don't want to resubmit because I've already got 4 months wait time in.  Hopefully at some point Ford will just decide to remove the liner from the order and schedule it or at least give the dealer the option to do it.  My guess is there are lots of folks in the same boat as I am.

I did exactly that, dropped a few items from my order that was already at 02. That took me back to priority 10. What’s the point of waiting 3-4 months at 02 when taking off an item will get scheduled much faster. Unless you absolutely must have that item, i didn’t, it was a nice to have, nothing more.

17 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Wow...If I read this right, a dealer can not order a 450 for stock, nor can they order any of these items on a stock truck until 23MY. At this rate, I am still concerned my 450 won't be built.

45 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

I did exactly that, dropped a few items from my order that was already at 02. That took me back to priority 10. What’s the point of waiting 3-4 months at 02 when taking off an item will get scheduled much faster. Unless you absolutely must have that item, i didn’t, it was a nice to have, nothing more.

Was yours scheduled quickly after that then?  If so, I’m going to call them back and see what they say about this. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered mine June 11 with the Tremor package which is supposed to come with the spray in liner. Also ordered the roll up tonneau cover.

Dealer also told me it has moved up to a priority 2.  

Dealer wouldn’t let you delete them either?

So my truck was priority 02. I asked my dealer to pull off the 5th wheel and tonneau cover. I specifically asked if this would affect my priority code and losing 02. He assured me it won't and that it was set by ford regional and I can make any changes up until its scheduled.  @ice-capades can you confirm this for the guys above. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, 6.7zack said:

So my truck was priority 02. I asked my dealer to pull off the 5th wheel and tonneau cover. I specifically asked if this would affect my priority code and losing 02. He assured me it won't and that it was set by ford regional and I can make any changes up until its scheduled.  @ice-capades can you confirm this for the guys above. Thank you.

Not true what the dealer told you. I had my priority switched from 02 to 10 by removing the 5th wheel prep and tonneau cover last week. I am back to 10. I havent been scheduled yet, but hoping this move will get me scheduled faster than staying at 02 and waiting for those commodities to clear.

and yes, they very specifically told me that making any changes to the order which is at 02 will drop the order back to 10. I was OK with that given so many stories of people waiting 3-4 months at 02.

Edited by BigDutyDiesel

11 minutes ago, 6.7zack said:

Oh man I really hope this didn't bump me back again. I was 15 previously then to 02. I specifically asked him so if this is the case im not going to be thrilled. Might be paying him a visit tomorrow to have him check before scheduling.

Perhaps your dealer knows something mine didn't know about keeping you at 02. There are some many stories of us getting different information from our dealers, im not surprised that it comes down to them having experience and knowing how to work the ordering system.

28 minutes ago, 6.7zack said:

Making changes to an unscheduled retail order that has been re-prioritized to either "01" or "02" by Ford causes the priority code to change to "10". The Dealer would then have to contact their Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler to get it re-prioritized again. 

• Like 1

You can change an order that is priority 02, it just has to be changed to 10 first.  I had a Lariat at 02 and upgraded to a Platinum.  Dealership contacted the Ford rep, had the priority changed to 10, made the changes, then changed priority back to 02.  It can be done, they just need to contact Ford to make it happen.

EDIT: ice beat me by a few seconds.

Edited by fordmantpw
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Perhaps your dealer knows something mine didn't know about keeping you at 02. There are some many stories of us getting different information from our dealers, im not surprised that it comes down to them having experience and knowing how to work the ordering system.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of Dealers that either don't know what they're doing, can't be bothered, etc. I ordered every single Stock, Retail, Plan and Fleet order for my dealership for nearly 35 years, long before the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system was launched. WBDO is much easier and efficient than the CONCEPS system which requires entering 3-digit order codes for everything vs. the plain English descriptions that WBDO uses. Otherwise, the process is the same, but few Dealers spend enough time to actually manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), manually assigning appropriate priority codes, monitoring order status and applicable commodity restraints and making the effort to communicate with customers. Unfortunately, with all the factors affecting the industry (microchip shortages, supplier issues, interrupted plant schedules, etc.) the scheduling process has become more complex and time consuming in order to get the desired results for customers. Adding to the complexity and difficulty in getting orders scheduled is the volume of retail customers making specification changes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of Dealers that either don't know what they're doing, can't be bothered, etc. I ordered every single Stock, Retail, Plan and Fleet order for my dealership for nearly 35 years, long before the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system was launched. WBDO is much easier and efficient than the CONCEPS system which requires entering 3-digit order codes for everything vs. the plain English descriptions that WBDO uses. Otherwise, the process is the same, but few Dealers spend enough time to actually manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), manually assigning appropriate priority codes, monitoring order status and applicable commodity restraints and making the effort to communicate with customers. Unfortunately, with all the factors affecting the industry (microchip shortages, supplier issues, interrupted plant schedules, etc.) the scheduling process has become more complex and time consuming in order to get the desired results for customers. Adding to the complexity and difficulty in getting orders scheduled is the volume of retail customers making specification changes. 

Thank you Ice for providing this valuable insight into how this whole process works. I’ve been following your posts for a while along with your weekly scheduling notes. Really appreciate what you are doing for all of us in the dark either waiting to be scheduled or build or delivered. I’ve learned most of the process from your posts here. ?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ice Capades. 

If I read this correctly, does this mean I might  have a chance of getting schedules soon?  My order has been in since August with Adaptive Steering, Moonroof, and Spray in Bed Liner. I've been priority 2 for about 7 weeks. (I  live upstate NY)

Thanks,

50 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Ice Capades. 

If I read this correctly, does this mean I might have a chance of getting schedules soon?  My order has been in since August with Adaptive Steering, Moonroof, and Spray in Bed Liner. I've been priority 2 for about 7 weeks. (I  live upstate NY)

Thanks,

Ford's actions are all positive for getting retail orders with those options scheduled although it may still take some time. 

• Like 3