Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

11 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Is there a particular day that VIN's get generated? Or could it be anytime on any day?

Thanks!

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. Retail orders verified via the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. VIN numbers are assigned when the order is scheduled which happen at the same time. In addition, the assigned production week is selected then also. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford's actions are all positive for getting retail orders with those options scheduled although it may still take some time. 

I did find out I'm number one in the Que for 250's if that means anything.  I don't know if its a verified  order or if that is important.

10 minutes ago, BigUnixGeek said:

You, sir, are not making anybody here any happier.  :)

He ordered 3 months ago. Back then there was no constrains on any of the items referenced. So the example itself is somewhat irrelevant to those who are facing these commodity constraints at this very moment.

3 months from now the constraints can be entirely different. I’m not going to come on the thread and tell everyone that back in December i was scheduled with those very items holding you back now. That would be pointless.

22 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

He ordered 3 months ago. Back then there was no constrains on any of the items referenced. So the example itself is somewhat irrelevant to those who are facing these commodity constraints at this very moment.

3 months from now the constraints can be entirely different. I’m not going to come on the thread and tell everyone that back in December i was scheduled with those very items holding you back now. That would be pointless.

Not necessarily true. Many of the commodity restraints this year have been in place for some time. For example, the delay getting orders scheduled with the 5th Wheel Prep (53W) option has been a common and semi-regular constraint for years actually. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

The OP also ordered in August which is why I posted. My dealer was surprised that it came in so fast but it did.

Bob

• Like 1

I ordered in July. I was told that I couldn’t change my order because it was priority 02, but after me insisting on it the dealer had the regional rep approve the change. I literally changed my order to drop the bedliner and side steps and I added lariat ultimate and leds. I was scheduled 2 weeks after I dropped the bedliner. I also pushed the dealer to change the order. I kept my priority 02 but it was done at a regional level after they had me approve the new specs. My sales rep said they had to jump through hoops and I figured it was just him being hyperbolic. Seems like he wasn’t kidding. If you pester them they might change your order. I am scheduled for Jan 17 right now. I kept the 5th wheel prep but I was told that the bedliner was a big hold up. 

3 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

I ordered in July. I was told that I couldn’t change my order because it was priority 02, but after me insisting on it the dealer had the regional rep approve the change. I literally changed my order to drop the bedliner and side steps and I added lariat ultimate and leds. I was scheduled 2 weeks after I dropped the bedliner. I also pushed the dealer to change the order. I kept my priority 02 but it was done at a regional level after they had me approve the new specs. My sales rep said they had to jump through hoops and I figured it was just him being hyperbolic. Seems like he wasn’t kidding. If you pester them they might change your order. I am scheduled for Jan 17 right now. I kept the 5th wheel prep but I was told that the bedliner was a big hold up. 

Thank you for this. For now I think I’m going to leave it alone. I really would like it to come from the factory with the bed liner and bed cover already installed. If I’ve not been scheduled by mid February though, my tune may change. I’m also kind of hoping that the chip thing will correct itself and the glut of trucks sitting at the Kentucky speedway will get dumped on the market. I would be fine with a great priced 2021 also. ?

Anyone hear anything about fleet super duty orders being canceled.   Dealer is nervous. I ordered in may.  No news other than it’s sitting at A3

however. He had Ford up and flat cancel 5 transits that had vins and scheduled to build next week

making me nervous 

I’m very frustrated. Ordered a 2022 F250 Platinum  7.3 on 9/27/21. I only received an order number from my dealer. As of last week, still no build date or VIN. Dealer said that Platinums and KRs were delayed. Dealer modified my order last week to a Lariat in hopes that my order will be pulled for production……still waiting. 

Edited by Bob103

On 12/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, Bob103 said:

I’m very frustrated. Ordered a 2022 F250 Platinum  7.3 on 9/27/21. I only received an order number from my dealer. As of last week, still no build date or VIN. Dealer said that Platinums and KRs were delayed. Dealer modified my order last week to a Lariat in hopes that my order will be pulled for production……still waiting. 

You are overly concerned.  Mine was ordered in March and just built In Dec.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dakkat720 said:

My F250 XLT was order Sept 9th, I've got a spray in liner on it and I just got the in production email a week ago. I hope being in production means its actuallt being built.

I think that is why so many are frustrated. That is a whole month after I placed my order. I’m happy for you but it’s hard to understand the order in which they are selecting. 

6 hours ago, txsd6.2 said:

Did you ever figure out if you could modify your order and not lose your priority status? It was my understanding that your order can be modified easily before it's scheduled. 

From what I hear your dealer can but they have to go through their central Ford contact to do it. I’m nervous about doing this because I’ve got a signed price agreement that doesn’t include any of the mark ups dealers are now adding when the trucks arrive. I’m afraid if I change anything that takes any effort in their part they will want to rework the signed deal. I’m not going to ask them to do anything until the end of February. Give Ford another 8-9 weeks to schedule me. As long as I have a truck to hook to my trailer in April, I’m good. 

6 hours ago, txsd6.2 said:

Did you ever figure out if you could modify your order and not lose your priority status? It was my understanding that your order can be modified easily before it's scheduled. 

You will find the moderators have answered this a number of times in various threads.

When my priority code was in the dealer's range of 10 to 19, I made some additions or deletions without affecting the order or priority. Now I am Priority 1 or 2, if the dealer makes any changes the priority defaults back to 10. Therefore, to make any further changes, without affecting the priority,  the dealer would have to contact the Regional Manager/Rep.

• Like 1