Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

waloud: That is great news. Thank you and Merry Christmas

Rangers09: Thank you for the input. I ordered my truck directly with the sales manager. So in the new year I am going to request one more time before I go to the General Manager. I may try the Cyberdman approach in the new year, but I am a little hesitant as I really don't want to upset anybody on this forum as it is a great information source, and don't want any negative marks against me. I am not the most computer savvy guy, so I don't want to make any errors that might get me banned from the site.....lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best in 2022.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waloud said:

UPDATE!  We have ben running close to normal production since Sunday!  

Can you give any insight into the current chip hold?  Those of us with trucks on chip hold would appreciate any insight you can give as we hear of new trucks being built and shipped daily but nothing about our trucks stuck on chip hold since the end of November and early December.

2 hours ago, dwpick1030 said:

waloud: That is great news. Thank you and Merry Christmas

Rangers09: Thank you for the input. I ordered my truck directly with the sales manager. So in the new year I am going to request one more time before I go to the General Manager. I may try the Cyberdman approach in the new year, but I am a little hesitant as I really don't want to upset anybody on this forum as it is a great information source, and don't want any negative marks against me. I am not the most computer savvy guy, so I don't want to make any errors that might get me banned from the site.....lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best in 2022.

That won’t happen.  The rules are simple - provide the vin if you have it otherwise the dealer and order # each time you bump for an update and read the rules about when/how often you can ask for an update depending on your last status.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, waloud said:

UPDATE!  We have ben running close to normal production since Sunday!  

What is the last day of production this week? I was scheduled for 12/14, and my current status is just ‘in production’ per my dealer and ford tracking website. I’m thinking it’s likely my build will ‘pause’ until after the 3 week shutdown. 

18 minutes ago, nswan said:

What is the last day of production this week? I was scheduled for 12/14, and my current status is just ‘in production’ per my dealer and ford tracking website. I’m thinking it’s likely my build will ‘pause’ until after the 3 week shutdown. 

My understanding is that the plants shut down after today since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and the holiday falls on Saturday. 

• Like 2

New to the Forum, Love the information given by all. Ordered an F350 Lariat August 31st. Still no word from Ford as to a build date. Somehow, either by Ford, or my Dealer, the spray-on bedliner and the tonneau cover from my order, were dropped. Still have the fifth wheel package on it. Seems to be a whole bunch of people waiting. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

My understanding is that the plants shut down after today since tomorrow is Christmas Eve and the holiday falls on Saturday. 

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you personally for all you do here. You are sincerely appreciated, and may I add, have the patience of a Saint. With every question I have had, and there were many, I was able to find each and every answer by simply searching your posts. Again, with many thanks, I wish you and yours a very Merry Holiday season and a Happy New Year. 

Edited by Mister Bill
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, nswan said:

We ran our last shift on the 23.  I believe C crew will start limited production the week of Jan. 10.

18 hours ago, fredrickhw said:

Can you give any insight into the current chip hold?  Those of us with trucks on chip hold would appreciate any insight you can give as we hear of new trucks being built and shipped daily but nothing about our trucks stuck on chip hold since the end of November and early December.

I was told Tuesday night that we have 10,000 units waiting to come back to the plant for the chip placement.  That they want to get as many as they can back and repaired and send out the door for shipping.  Of course this all depends on what parts are delivered to us.  We have 3 weeks for this to happen due to not building any trucks for 2 weeks and 1 week of limited production.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, waloud said:

We ran our last shift on the 23.  I believe C crew will start limited production the week of Jan. 10.

It will be interesting to see if those of us that had trucks built this last week before shutdown will actually see them shipped out before everything closes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, akirby said:

Because the factory can’t always get the material on time.

I was told by my dealer and local bed liner shop to avoid the factory spray in liner. Apparently they do not remove boxlink and other items, just spray over them.

On 12/27/2021 at 3:15 PM, bheminger said:

My truck has been "In production" since 12/7. Dealer said its due to the chip hold. Hoping early January. Fords tracking still shows an estimated delivery of 12/31. 

I wish mine was in production. :c)

On 12/8/2021 at 7:58 PM, Bob103 said:

I’m very frustrated. Ordered a 2022 F250 Platinum  7.3 on 9/27/21. I only received an order number from my dealer. As of last week, still no build date or VIN. Dealer said that Platinums and KRs were delayed. Dealer modified my order last week to a Lariat in hopes that my order will be pulled for production……still waiting. 

Order my platinum 10/30 with tonneau cover and spray in bedliner.  Dropped both options on 11/25 and was scheduled the next week for week of 1/17.  Hoping it doesn't get pushed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfiggs22 said:

Order my platinum 10/30 with tonneau cover and spray in bedliner.  Dropped both options on 11/25 and was scheduled the next week for week of 1/17.  Hoping it doesn't get pushed

My dealer is deleting my Bed liner and fifth wheel prep package in hopes of getting mine in production 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 6:12 AM, CBears said:

Don’t they both sell bed liners???

Yes they both do. However both said, "even if you don't buy from me..." That could be just a sales pitch, but I avoided most options that can be added aftermarket.  I'm not sure if it has had a positive impact, I still do not have a build date. :(

27 minutes ago, danleg said:

Yes they both do. However both said, "even if you don't buy from me..." That could be just a sales pitch, but I avoided most options that can be added aftermarket.  I'm not sure if it has had a positive impact, I still do not have a build date. :(

Yeah, I tried to delete mine from the order but since it is priority 02 it can’t be deleted without going directly to the regional Ford folks. I’ve also got a signed deal from the dealer that includes the liner and cover. I don’t want to negate that deal by changing things if I don’t have to. I’m letting it ride for another few weeks to see what happens as I don’t need the truck until camping season. 

Great news . I called the dealer Tuesday and had him delete my bed liner and 5th wheel prep package. Two days later my truck is in production finally after waiting 5 months. The dealer also changed another customer’s order and his went into production today as well.  Looks like them two options are causing some delays for sure. 

15 minutes ago, Bob103 said:

Great news . I called the dealer Tuesday and had him delete my bed liner and 5th wheel prep package. Two days later my truck is in production finally after waiting 5 months. The dealer also changed another customer’s order and his went into production today as well.  Looks like them two options are causing some delays for sure. 

From the spreadsheet on the other forum there were some with bed liner scheduled today so I'm sure it was your 5th wheel prep causing your issue.  I'm pretty sure it is my hard tonneau causing mine.  None of those were scheduled today.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, Lord of Lights said:

New to the Forum, Love the information given by all. Ordered an F350 Lariat August 31st. Still no word from Ford as to a build date. Somehow, either by Ford, or my Dealer, the spray-on bedliner and the tonneau cover from my order, were dropped. Still have the fifth wheel package on it. Seems to be a whole bunch of people waiting. 

Mine did the same thing with the bed liner. I hope it helps speed up the process. I have gooseneck prep as well. 

• Like 1