Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

I feel bad for those needing options that are causing extra delays.  I am thankful for this forum for posting what options to stay away from if at all possible when I ordered my truck this week.  I still expect long delays, but hope y’all that have been waiting get good news soon!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CBears said:

After getting status back from cyberdman today (Thank You!!!), decided to call and ask them to contact Ford and remove bed liner and hard cover. I’ll just have to hit up Linex when it comes in I guess. At least I’ll have it hopefully. 

I think that was a good decision.  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears said:

After getting status back from cyberdman today (Thank You!!!), decided to call and ask them to contact Ford and remove bed liner and hard cover. I’ll just have to hit up Linex when it comes in I guess. At least I’ll have it hopefully. 

100% the right decision given all of the info on constrains that are still there in 2022 and causing delays. Good luck!

• Like 1

I ordered on 9/3, F250 Platinum 6.7, dropped the spray in bedliner mid November but kept the rolling cover, no other commodity issues that I'm aware of, got scheduled yesterday for week of 2/14. It's a crap shoot as to scheduling but certainly seems that those with less or no commodity restraints are getting scheduled much quicker.

18 minutes ago, ChuckDiesel said:

I ordered on 9/3, F250 Platinum 6.7, dropped the spray in bedliner mid November but kept the rolling cover, no other commodity issues that I'm aware of, got scheduled yesterday for week of 2/14. It's a crap shoot as to scheduling but certainly seems that those with less or no commodity restraints are getting scheduled much quicker.

Yeah, see a lot of orders places after mine getting scheduled. I was aug 10. Happy for you but wonder???  Hopefully now will get on the happy list. 

23 minutes ago, CBears said:

Yeah, see a lot of orders places after mine getting scheduled. I was aug 10. Happy for you but wonder???  Hopefully now will get on the happy list. 

I'm sure there is a number of factors, including luck, as to why this happens. I've seen folks on here ordering late October getting delivered early December, and others who ordered in March still waiting to get scheduled. At least part of it has to do with dealer priority and how many other similar orders your dealer has in the pool. I never asked my dealer how many other orders they had waiting but I was an 02 priority so I know I was at or near the top of the list, though they could have had a lot of other 02s as well.

I saw in another topic on here where this could be fixed by the dealer working with Ford. It happens when an order that was submitted prior to the price increases is subsequently changed after the price increases have gone into effect. They should be able to get this taken care of for you and your order should be honored under the pricing arrangement in place when it was originally submitted.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CBears said:

I did notice that, after the order got changed, the pricing code changed. An extra $1300 was added to the base msrp.  I called them back. They are checking on it. 

Retail orders are automatically price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. However, the Window Sticker will be generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Your Dealer should already know this as retail order price protection has existed for decades. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders are automatically price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. However, the Window Sticker will be generated using the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Your Dealer should already know this as retail order price protection has existed for decades. 

I actually saw where you said this in another post after I put it here. Thank you!  Funny that my dealership guy did t know that. I’m very thankful for this forum. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an F-450 lariat on Oct 9, 2021 with adaptive steering, spray in bed liner, 19.5 inch wheels, and 5th wheel prep kit, and expect the build date months from now due to the 40+ weeks delay.  My dealer told me that I was responsible for all price increases until the window sticker is available.  

Where is it documented that retail orders are automatically price protected to the price at the time the vehicle was ordered and not the time when the window sticker was available? 

I would like to take this information into my dealer and show him the price protection has been around for decades and reduce the cost of the F-450.  Thanks.

The below text was copied from the following website:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet-229.html

image.png.0daafd4ee2ba55422c6318d74a7de45b.png

Edited by jtcdmc

6 hours ago, jtcdmc said:

I ordered an F-450 lariat on Oct 9, 2021 with adaptive steering, spray in bed liner, 19.5 inch wheels, and 5th wheel prep kit, and expect the build date months from now due to the 40+ weeks delay.  My dealer told me that I was responsible for all price increases until the window sticker is available.  Where is it documented that retail orders are automatically price protected to the price at the time the vehicle was ordered and not the time when the window sticker was available.  I would like to take this information into my dealer and show him the price protection has been around for decades and reduce the cost of the F-450.  Thanks.

The below text was copied from the following website:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1667293-2022-tracking-spreadsheet-229.html

image.png.0daafd4ee2ba55422c6318d74a7de45b.png

You should start your own topic with this.  Maybe in the Ford Production section.  The moderator in there is ice-capades. He is a great source for info. It is in several other posts but I’ve never seen any official quotes. 

There is far too much speculation going on about Super Duty commodity restraints, scheduling times, etc. with members reporting Dealer and/or Ford Zone Managers claiming 40+ week delays to get certain vehicles scheduled. 

2022MY Super Duty Option Availability:  

For the remainder of 2022MY, the following options will ONLY be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:

• Spray in Bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
  • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
  • Black Appearance Package (17L) on Lariat

The above is the last official information available from Ford regarding the Super Duty options of concern for many customers. Ford does not release expected availability timeframes for either Retail or Stock order options, only for Fleet orders. Dealers that don't know or can't be bothered to check the resources available can tell customers anything they want and/or claim that what they're telling a customer came from their Ford Zone Manager. That doesn't make the information factual. Someone posts such claims about 26, 27, 40+ scheduling delays which gets repeated by others and then it's considered a fact... nonsense!

Ford is doing everything possible to get Retail orders scheduled and built as soon as possible which is why the above noted options are no longer available for Stock orders. In addition, there are far too many posts comparing order specifications, scheduled production dates, build dates, etc. and questions about why older orders aren't scheduled and built first or sooner. Claims that duplicate orders are scheduled at different times or overlooked aren't justified without comparing the exact specifications. Look at the 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide (38 pages) and consider all the possible build combinations. Then consider the commodity restraints, supplier issues, supply chain issues, plant constraints, microchip requirements, etc. 

Unfortunately, there are far too many posts that are turning the forums into a Private Message board.  

Ford gives Retail order scheduling and production the highest priority. Unfortunately, the incredible increase in the volume of Retail orders is causing its own problems. One of the factors is the number of Retail order specifications being changed by customers trying to get their orders scheduled sooner. Every unscheduled order gets reviewed for commodity compliance prior to scheduling but scheduled Retail orders with changes often require both regional office and plant approval. Scheduled Retail orders with approved changes then require re-sequencing plant scheduling for that order and many others in order to keep optimizing plant production. Unscheduled Retail orders with either 01 or 02 priority codes are reviewed closely and every attempt possible is made to make exceptions to commodity restraints, etc. in order to schedule those vehicles as soon as possible.    

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:41 PM, ChuckDiesel said:

We ordered an F250 XL 7.3 with spray bedliner and UTT on 9/28.  Have not made any changes.  Originally scheduled week of 1/17 then pushed to week of 1/24.  Haven't heard anything since. 

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There is far too much speculation going on about Super Duty commodity restraints, scheduling times, etc. with members reporting Dealer and/or Ford Zone Managers claiming 40+ week delays to get certain vehicles scheduled. 

2022MY Super Duty Option Availability:  

For the remainder of 2022MY, the following options will ONLY be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:

• Spray in Bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
  • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
  • Black Appearance Package (17L) on Lariat

The above is the last official information available from Ford regarding the Super Duty options of concern for many customers. Ford does not release expected availability timeframes for either Retail or Stock order options, only for Fleet orders. Dealers that don't know or can't be bothered to check the resources available can tell customers anything they want and/or claim that what they're telling a customer came from their Ford Zone Manager. That doesn't make the information factual. Someone posts such claims about 26, 27, 40+ scheduling delays which gets repeated by others and then it's considered a fact... nonsense!

Ford is doing everything possible to get Retail orders scheduled and built as soon as possible which is why the above noted options are no longer available for Stock orders. In addition, there are far too many posts comparing order specifications, scheduled production dates, build dates, etc. and questions about why older orders aren't scheduled and built first or sooner. Claims that duplicate orders are scheduled at different times or overlooked aren't justified without comparing the exact specifications. Look at the 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide (38 pages) and consider all the possible build combinations. Then consider the commodity restraints, supplier issues, supply chain issues, plant constraints, microchip requirements, etc. 

Unfortunately, there are far too many posts that are turning the forums into a Private Message board.  

Ford gives Retail order scheduling and production the highest priority. Unfortunately, the incredible increase in the volume of Retail orders is causing its own problems. One of the factors is the number of Retail order specifications being changed by customers trying to get their orders scheduled sooner. Every unscheduled order gets reviewed for commodity compliance prior to scheduling but scheduled Retail orders with changes often require both regional office and plant approval. Scheduled Retail orders with approved changes then require re-sequencing plant scheduling for that order and many others in order to keep optimizing plant production. Unscheduled Retail orders with either 01 or 02 priority codes are reviewed closely and every attempt possible is made to make exceptions to commodity restraints, etc. in order to schedule those vehicles as soon as possible.    

I know that Ford is doing their best to fill the orders in a timely maner and it is good business to take care of the customer.  I am willing to wait as long as needed to get a new F-450 knowing the commodity restraints are limiting Ford's ability to build super duty trucks.  

The main point of my previous post was that my dealer told me that I was responsible for all price increases until the widow sticker was available.  I know there was a price increase the end of last year and there may be an additional price increase before my vehicle is scheduled to be manufactured.

Would you please point me to any external documentation that retail orders are automatically priced protected to the price at the time the vehicle was ordered and not the time when the window sticker is available.

I am very sorry for bringing up the delivery delay and apologize for my previous post.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

I had this same question on my 2022 F450 Lariat order.  It’s actually a long story, but I ordered a SRW F350 in August and it was built delivered and paid for in late November. It actually sat at the dealer for a few weeks while they replaced a gateway hub computer. I took delivery and 48 hours into ownership it had a massive electrical issue that that fried the main computer or gateway hub again. Ultimately this was replaced 3 times along with other electrical components (at the direction of a Ford tech was flown in to diagnose the issue) but after a short time it would cut out again. This truck then sat inoperable in my driveway for 3 weeks over the holidays while Ford and the dealership were figuring out what to do. Needless to say, they had to unwind the purchase and they ordered me a F450, guaranteed the price at time of ordering and also had my PCO and rebates put back in the system. 

Getting the F450 scheduled was a completely separate issue but after ordering on 12/07 it was just scheduled for a build week of March 7th. I have remained calm throughout the whole process and I know it wasn’t my dealers fault that Ford sent them a bum truck. My F450 build was moved from a priority 2 to a priority 1 and then it scheduled the next day. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, jtcdmc said:

I know that Ford is doing their best to fill the orders in a timely maner and it is good business to take care of the customer.  I am willing to wait as long as needed to get a new F-450 knowing the commodity restraints are limiting Ford's ability to build super duty trucks.  

The main point of my previous post was that my dealer told me that I was responsible for all price increases until the widow sticker was available.  I know there was a price increase the end of last year and there may be an additional price increase before my vehicle is scheduled to be manufactured.

Would you please point me to any external documentation that retail orders are automatically priced protected to the price at the time the vehicle was ordered and not the time when the window sticker is available.

I am very sorry for bringing up the delivery delay and apologize for my previous post.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Go back a few pages on 2022 Superduty Production thread and you will find the memos ICE posted on Ford Superduty price increases and their so called automatic price protection. 

Edited by BigDutyDiesel

40 minutes ago, Slamons said:

I had this same question on my 2022 F450 Lariat order.  It’s actually a long story, but I ordered a SRW F350 in August and it was built delivered and paid for in late November. It actually sat at the dealer for a few weeks while they replaced a gateway hub computer. I took delivery and 48 hours into ownership it had a massive electrical issue that that fried the main computer or gateway hub again. Ultimately this was replaced 3 times along with other electrical components (at the direction of a Ford tech was flown in to diagnose the issue) but after a short time it would cut out again. This truck then sat inoperable in my driveway for 3 weeks over the holidays while Ford and the dealership were figuring out what to do. Needless to say, they had to unwind the purchase and they ordered me a F450, guaranteed the price at time of ordering and also had my PCO and rebates put back in the system. 

Getting the F450 scheduled was a completely separate issue but after ordering on 12/07 it was just scheduled for a build week of March 7th. I have remained calm throughout the whole process and I know it wasn’t my dealers fault that Ford sent them a bum truck. My F450 build was moved from a priority 2 to a priority 1 and then it scheduled the next day. Hope this helps.

A very interesting story of your very unpleasant experience. Sorry to hear what you’re having to go through.

One interesting observation though, priority 01 still means something at Ford scheduling office. Being scheduled the next day is something! But priority 02 no longer amounts to much in 2021-2022, with so many orders sitting at 02 for many months, some have even reported a ridiculous 5 month wait at 02. My own 2022 F150 order has been at 02 since early November, will be exactly 3 months come next week. I keep hearing stories that before Covid priority 02 normally had one scheduled in less than a week.

• Like 1

It's really sad to see people needing to drop popular options just so they can get their truck. I think I'm one of the few lucky ones who was able to get the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bedliner before the hard crunch hit on the commodities. I'm curious if anyone has heard what kind of commodity issues GMC and Dodge are going through right now?

7 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

It's really sad to see people needing to drop popular options just so they can get their truck. I think I'm one of the few lucky ones who was able to get the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bedliner before the hard crunch hit on the commodities. I'm curious if anyone has heard what kind of commodity issues GMC and Dodge are going through right now?

They are having problems getting Ford emblems. Oops, did I say that out loud?  ?

• Haha 1