Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

Got the email this morning, scheduled for March 7th.  At this point I don't even care if it gets bumped back a time or two.  My main concern was that it wasn't going to get built at all before MY23.  I'm sure as the date gets closer I'll change my tune a bit.  I also think I was driving my wife crazy so she's happy now also.  ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CBears said:

Got the email this morning, scheduled for March 7th.  At this point I don't even care if it gets bumped back a time or two.  My main concern was that it wasn't going to get built at all before MY23.  I'm sure as the date gets closer I'll change my tune a bit.  I also think I was driving my wife crazy so she's happy now also.  ?

Congrats! Seems like Ford got around to scheduling a lot of trucks today that were waiting for a while already.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, BigDutyDiesel said:

Congrats! Seems like Ford got around to scheduling a lot of trucks today that were waiting for a while already.

Notified yesterday moved from March 7 to March 14. Hahaha, whole new level of waiting. Still better than not knowing if it would get scheduled at all before MY23. 

3 hours ago, CBears said:

Notified yesterday moved from March 7 to March 14. Hahaha, whole new level of waiting. Still better than not knowing if it would get scheduled at all before MY23. 

Brace for more delays, unfortunately. Nothing you can do about it but be mentally prepared for a longer wait.

“The company will also operate a single shift or a reduced schedule at factories in Dearborn, Kentucky and Louisville, while eliminating overtime at an Oakville factory in Ontario, Canada. All of the production changes will be in place during the week beginning Feb. 7, Ford said.”

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/ford-idles-cuts-output-8-plants-chip-supplies-still-tight

Hello all, 

First post and I would love your recommendation.

Word back from my dealer is that Ford no longer will build MY2022 super duty’s with three of the popular constrained items in the prior posts.

The one I have the most concern about is the 5th Wheel Hitch prep package. The others I would get aftermarket just fine. 

Forum advice - Do you think aftermarket hitch installation without this prep package is an issue? Would have much preferred the holes and frame reinforcements having come part of the Ford production build. Not sure what I am giving up by doing this aftermarket. Structural, cost, quality? Any input here is appreciated. Have others ordered without and just plan to have trailer shop or rv dealer install the hitch?

Option 2 will be to just wait until MY2023 for it (with other interior upgrades)? Long wait though.

Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, SpartanDawg said:

Hello all, 

Word back from my dealer is that Ford no longer will build MY2022 super duty’s with three of the popular constrained items in the prior posts.

The one I have the most concern about is the 5th Wheel Hitch prep package. The others I would get aftermarket just fine. 

Forum advice - Do you think aftermarket hitch installation without this prep package is an issue? Would have much preferred the holes and frame reinforcements having come part of the Ford production build. Not sure what I am giving up by doing this aftermarket. Structural, cost, quality? Any input here is appreciated. Have others ordered without and just plan to have trailer shop or rv dealer install the hitch?

Option 2 will be to just wait until MY2023 for it (with other interior upgrades)? Long wait though.

Thanks in advance.

Spartan,

Check out this thread, it might answer your questions on 5th wheel prep...5th Wheel Prep Package Kit is Available Online - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums

I plan to install my own, but I have the tools, equipment and knowledge to do it, not many folks can do it themselves.  I had to delete the 5th wheel, AS and spray in bed liner to get my F350 King Ranch order going.  See my thread...2022 F350 SRW King Ranch CCSB Anitmatter Blue/Stone Gray - F-Series SuperDuty Forum - Blue Oval Forums

My new truck is scheduled for build week of 2/21 unless there are more delays.

Good luck,

787Toolman

Edited by 787Toolman
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SpartanDawg said:

Ford is not building stock orders with major constrained items. Retail orders will still be built with them as they become available. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SpartanDawg said:

Hello all, 

Thanks in advance.

Ford is doing everything possible to maximize production of retail factory orders which is why the following commodity restraints are restricted to retail orders only per the notice Ford provided some time ago.  

• 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  
    • For the remainder of 2022MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling.
      • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
      • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W)
      • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
      • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
      • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
      • Black Appearance Package (17L) on Lariat

Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.

I'd do some research before deciding on an aftermarket installation of the 5th Wheel Prep Package (53W) including the availability of a qualified, experienced installer. The aftermarket installation is a 2-3 hour job, with the right equipment, and requires removing the pickup bed for proper installation. If you have a definite need for the 5th wheel application, I always recommend the factory installation because of the quality. I'd check with your Dealer about how many unscheduled 2022 Super Duty orders are ahead of yours, your priority code and whether your Dealer can get the Ford regional office to assign an 01 or 02 priority code if that hasn't already been done. Unless Ford notifies Dealers that the 5th Wheel Prep Package has balanced out for the Model Year, it's worth the wait.    

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, CBears said:

Got the same email 2/5.  Crossing my fingers this delay is related to the factory reduced production announcement, and no further delays expected.  Not betting on it though, preparing for a little longer wait.

1 hour ago, Toe Truck said:

Got the same email 2/5.  Crossing my fingers this delay is related to the factory reduced production announcement, and no further delays expected.  Not betting on it though, preparing for a little longer wait.

Completely agree.

Just received another email from Ford (at 10:00 Monday night).  My build date has been moved to March 7 - a week sooner than the last email moving it to 3/14 from the original build date (March 7).  Again, I hope it holds.  Or moves up - but I don't see that happening.

9 hours ago, Toe Truck said:

Just received another email from Ford (at 10:00 Monday night).  My build date has been moved to March 7 - a week sooner than the last email moving it to 3/14 from the original build date (March 7).  Again, I hope it holds.  Or moves up - but I don't see that happening.

I just got the same email tonight! What’s on your build? Just curious. Mine is a 6.7 CC350 Lariat Ultimate Sport, moonroof, rapid red. 

Edited by tcritch3

8 hours ago, Toe Truck said:

I got the same email.  I'm betting it's a mistake actually.  That's kind of how my luck goes.  Like I'll get another email today that just says 

PSYCH!!!  It's actually now the 21st.  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My dealer just called me. I was told that Ford contacted them and said there were open slots to schedule my truck if I dropped the bed liner. If I didn’t he couldn’t say when it might be built. Also told me it was a new hold on bed liners that they just heard about today. So I dropped it now we wait…. F350 XLT premium, FX4, 7.3l, 10 speed CC, SB.

Ordered 11/11/21 confirmation email same day.

19 hours ago, Toe Truck said:

I just got the same email tonight! What’s on your build? Just curious. Mine is a 6.7 CC350 Lariat Ultimate Sport, moonroof, rapid red. 

My build is an Antimatter Blue F350 SRW 7.3 CCSB Lariat Ultimate, Chrome pkg, sunroof, w/ 5th wheel prep.  I dropped the spray-in bedliner about 2.5 weeks ago.  Ordered 10/27.

On 2/8/2022 at 1:07 PM, ArtieT said:

My dealer just called me. I was told that Ford contacted them and said there were open slots to schedule my truck if I dropped the bed liner. If I didn’t he couldn’t say when it might be built. Also told me it was a new hold on bed liners that they just heard about today. So I dropped it now we wait…. F350 XLT premium, FX4, 7.3l, 10 speed CC, SB.

Ordered 11/11/21 confirmation email same day.

Did scheduling end up working out for you this week?

• 2 weeks later...