Bad News From My Dealer

CBears

On 12/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, CBears said:

I think that is why so many are frustrated. That is a whole month after I placed my order. I’m happy for you but it’s hard to understand the order in which they are selecting. 

I have studied the window sticker numbers, order numbers... I've compared other people's window stickers and I still can't see any ryhme or reason, lol! 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, ice-capades said:

The following information from the New York Regional Office was posted earlier in the Ford Scheduling Notes forum.

Availability of the options listed is being prioritized exclusively for retail orders in order to expedite scheduling. 

• 22MY Super Duty Scheduling:  Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Hitch (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S

Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule.

Yikes we had a spray in bed liner on F250 set for production this week. Hope it still makes it.

2 hours ago, stephb0020 said:

Yikes we had a spray in bed liner on F250 set for production this week. Hope it still makes it.

Those were last week's commodity issues for the Unscheduled Order Bank. If you are heading to production this week, you must have already been scheduled and had a VIN by last Thursday. Therefore that list doesn't apply to your truck.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford has not yet released the 2022/2023MY model changeover schedule yet. The Job #1 Date is usually in July! 

One of the very active and helpful dealers on many Ford forums , Zach from Granger Ford in Iowa had this to say about MY23 SD switchover. While not an absolute fact,  i gained trust for his predictions.

Everything that I'm hearing though is that 2022 model year may go into fall 2022 and we'll be ordering 2022s until possibly June/July.”

On 12/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, ice-capades said:

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. Retail orders verified via the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. VIN numbers are assigned when the order is scheduled which happen at the same time. In addition, the assigned production week is selected then also. 

So Ice, I have a question for you. How long does it normally take after you have received a notice of your build week and VIN before the truck is actually built? I received my production notice on Friday December 9th, and I think that weekend I was able to pull up the VIN. So I thought "Great, my truck is finally being built!". But here we are a week later and no change in the production status. I hate to think it, but it seems I'm screwed for it getting built until after the 1st.

1 hour ago, waloud said:

You are probably correct AtlasBlue350.  We had limited production this past week on Super Duty.  Parts shortages and the tornado damage to a supplier hurt our production.  Not sure if we will run anymore Super Duty production this year.

With the production line down,  parts for the trucks on " Hold for a Chip " should be available.  

Will there be movement on getting these trucks completed and shipped before shut down?

6 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

So Ice, I have a question for you. How long does it normally take after you have received a notice of your build week and VIN before the truck is actually built? I received my production notice on Friday December 9th, and I think that weekend I was able to pull up the VIN. So I thought "Great, my truck is finally being built!". But here we are a week later and no change in the production status. I hate to think it, but it seems I'm screwed for it getting built until after the 1st.

The production week and VIN number are assigned at the same time when the vehicle is scheduled. The lead time from scheduling to production varies depending on the vehicle line, model and commodities and can range from several weeks to a month or longer. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes all order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates. 

10 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

One of the very active and helpful dealers on many Ford forums , Zach from Granger Ford in Iowa had this to say about MY23 SD switchover. While not an absolute fact,  i gained trust for his predictions.

Everything that I'm hearing though is that 2022 model year may go into fall 2022 and we'll be ordering 2022s until possibly June/July.”

Awesome!   I appreciate your input.   Thanks for following up a rumor with a rumor....after complaining about a rumor.    Misery has no humor. 

14 minutes ago, ThatGuy509 said:

Awesome!   I appreciate your input.   Thanks for following up a rumor with a rumor....after complaining about a rumor.    Misery has no humor. 

I provided my exact source and explained it. You did nothing other than coming back with sarcasm to complain.

where is your source?

13 minutes ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

I provided my exact source and explained it. You did nothing other than coming back with sarcasm to complain.

where is your source?

I was having humor.....your source is nothing but another rumor.   No one knows.   Get a life and quit being so miserable.  

11 minutes ago, ThatGuy509 said:

I was having humor.....your source is nothing but another rumor.   No one knows.   Get a life and quit being so miserable.  

My source is a very reputable dealer on Ford forums that many people are familiar with,  has a solid reputation, easily with over a 1000 retail orders at any given time. I quoted him.

you did nothing but spread a rumor and than came back here to insult me in your post. 

• Like 1

@ice-capades - Learning question:

What's the catch with a vehicle "Scheduled for Production" on 10/14 and finally showing "In Production" since 12/11 - ETA to dealer was 01/04 up to last night.  It's now 12/31 but still showing "IN PRODUCTION".    

What creates this?  Systems not talking to one another?  One may not be updating where the other one is?  

(SIDE NOTE:  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU DO FOR THESE FORUMS!  IT'S VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!)

Vin:  1FT8W3BN1NED14018

Order:  2143

I guess I was pretty lucky.  My dealer said they had heard that the covers, 5th wheel prep, and bed liners were all causing significant delays.  His suggestion was to avoid them and do them aftermarket. 

My order went in Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and I got the VIN and production week for 13th of December on 12/6.  It has been sitting at "In Production" since Tuesday, 12/14.

Now I get to wait very impatiently.  I am hoping that it makes it out before the plant shutdown.

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The production week and VIN number are assigned at the same time when the vehicle is scheduled. The lead time from scheduling to production varies depending on the vehicle line, model and commodities and can range from several weeks to a month or longer. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes all order history, scheduling, production and shipping status updates. 

So the dealer said the VVR reported "SENT TO PLANT", which he says that it's actually being built. Strange though they would start the build before the Christmas holidays but not be able to finish it until after the plant reopens after the holiday break.

6 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

So the dealer said the VVR reported "SENT TO PLANT", which he says that it's actually being built. Strange though they would start the build before the Christmas holidays but not be able to finish it until after the plant reopens after the holiday break.

"Sent to Plant" is misleading and does not mean that the vehicle is in production. It signifies that the order is being sequenced for the scheduled production day. Starting production before scheduled plant downtime and completing production when the plant re-opens is common. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:16 AM, Fireguy said:

With the production line down,  parts for the trucks on " Hold for a Chip " should be available.  

Will there be movement on getting these trucks completed and shipped before shut down?

Yes they will be bring trucks back to the plant the to install chips.  How many they bring back could change due to parts available.  We will be releasing trucks for shipping as they are fixed.  I doubt they will be shipped before shutdown.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:19 PM, AtlasBlue350 said:

We have hundreds of trucks in production at a time. If we empty the plant out, it could take 1-2 days to get the system filled and regular production to start.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, waloud said:

Yes they will be bring trucks back to the plant the to install chips.  How many they bring back could change due to parts available.  We will be releasing trucks for shipping as they are fixed.  I doubt they will be shipped before shutdown.

Thank you.

Received email that truck is built today.   Hopefully it gets shipped before shutdown.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, ice-capades said:

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. Retail orders verified via the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. VIN numbers are assigned when the order is scheduled which happen at the same time. In addition, the assigned production week is selected then also. 

I ordered my F350 Lariat on 10/25/20. I have asked my dealer if there has been a VIN assigned yet. I have not received any updates as of today. Is there any other way I can find out where my order stands, and if there is at least a VIN i can reference for further inquiries, or am I restricted to the efforts of the dealer?

21 minutes ago, dwpick1030 said:

I ordered my F350 Lariat on 10/25/20. I have asked my dealer if there has been a VIN assigned yet. I have not received any updates as of today. Is there any other way I can find out where my order stands, and if there is at least a VIN i can reference for further inquiries, or am I restricted to the efforts of the dealer?

In the Ford employee forum, Cyberdman provides an excellent service, on his own time. If you provide your dealer code and order number he can provide the latest status on your order. Please note he is currently on holiday until 3rd January. Before posting, I suggest a careful read of the posting guidelines, as they are enforced.

If your dealer won't provide order updates, it's time to ramp the request up to the Sales Manager, or get a new dealer. Good luck getting info, BTW I ordered in August and also don't have a VIN assigned and some ordered as early as March. 

• Like 2