Cars from the past

ShelbyKR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My dad had a 1967 F100 2WD in turqouis frost.  I tracked down the guy my dad sold it to.  But the trail went cold from there after he sold it.  That was sold 20 years ago.  So I'm guessing it's gone.  Found this one, similar color same year.  Had to buy it.  Missed dad's old truck.  Now I have my own.

01.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

My dad had a 1967 F100 2WD in turqouis frost.  I tracked down the guy my dad sold it to.  But the trail went cold from there after he sold it.  That was sold 20 years ago.  So I'm guessing it's gone.  Found this one, similar color same year.  Had to buy it.  Missed dad's old truck.  Now I have my own.

01.jpg

My 68 is the that same color with the white cab top, it wasn't nearly in as good of condition though.  It is now sitting with my dad's red 68, both collecting dust.

This one is painted Arcadian Blue.  Looking at F100 paint charts, that seems to be a 65-66 color.  And those dog dishes are from 65-66 also.  But I'm fine with that.

From factory, this truck was actually Rangoon red.  The guy that restored it changed it to Arcadian Blue.   I'm guessing he didn't like the '67 Turquoise Frost color?  I would have liked a white top as well.  But he did put some white in the interior.  So that looks good.

05.jpg