First-time order, from north of the 49th!

NoPistons

Hello from Manitoba!

Been lurking a some time and decided to join and be able to contribute.

Never ordered a new vehicle before so the experience at times has been overwhelming. 

Had a 6.4L F550 as my camper hauler and am upgrading to a '22 F450.

Like many of us in the order boat, I've been waiting for months (since June 2nd) and becoming increasingly impatient as spring approaches once again.
I continue to learn about processes etc. along the way and it has definitely been an interesting read so far.

Thanks for the patience of the folks who admin these boards!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoPistons said:

Hello from Manitoba!

Never ordered a new vehicle before so the experience at times has been overwhelming. 

Like many of us in the order boat, I've been waiting for months (since June 2nd) and becoming increasingly impatient as spring approaches once again.
I continue to learn about processes etc. along the way and it has definitely been an interesting read so far.

Welcome! I was a delegate for a convention in Winnipeg one summer years ago for the IATSE - International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees. It was strange being on the balcony outside a hospitality suite at midnight watching planes fly into the airport and it was still light out!   

21 hours ago, NoPistons said:

Hello from Manitoba!

Hi Manitoba from the West Coast.

I also ordered a 22 F-450, but not until late August. Whay options did you get?

28 minutes ago, NoPistons said:

CCLB
Atlas Blue/Carbonized Gray

Lariat Ultimate

UTT

Quad LEDs

Sunroof

without AS/Bedliner/Tonneau

You?

My first 2 trucks were F-350 Lariats, so opted for the F-450 this time

• King Ranch Ultimate, for the massage seats on long trips across the country
  • Antimatter Blue/Stone Grey
  • Adaptive cruise
  • Moonroof
  • Quad LED
  • Trailer camera/TPMS

When at the dealer, I will get Line-X, front wheel liners and mud flaps installed. Will then take it to a local shop for a Bakflip MX4 Tonneau cover.

29 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

King Ranch Ultimate, for the massage seats on long trips across the country

That will be a nice truck!

We never really looked into the KR, as it was a bit of initial sticker shock for us.

But if we have to re-order, we will be considering it.

Edited by NoPistons

That will be a nice truck!

We never really looked into the KR, as it was a bit of initial sticker shock for us.

But if we have to re-order, we will be considering it.

I had the same shock when I first started building a new truck. However, I'm glad I did price a KR, as when I built a Lariat & KR with exactly the same options, the KR was only about $1,000 more than the Lariat. The massaging seats also weren't an option in the Lariat.

14 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I did price a KR, as when I built a Lariat & KR with exactly the same options, the KR was only about $1,000 more than the Lariat

Yeah we see that. I priced one out after and for us, it appears that the KR would have been about $400 cheaper than the lariat ordered. Meh, hindsight right?

But....there's two issues with the KR upon initial look which was are; my wife doesn't care for the interior (I don't mind it) and we can't get the color we wanted as we prefer the brighter blue.

We have been waiting so long for this truck, we get time to read and further think about our decisions and what we should have done. Oh well, "Next time" yeah? ?

Yeah we see that. I priced one out after and for us, it appears that the KR would have been about $400 cheaper than the lariat ordered. Meh, hindsight right?

But....there's two issues with the KR upon initial look which was are; my wife doesn't care for the interior (I don't mind it) and we can't get the color we wanted as we prefer the brighter blue.

We have been waiting so long for this truck, we get time to read and further think about our decisions and what we should have done. Oh well, "Next time" yeah? ?

The KR colour options is another of the differences for Ford Canada. I also preferred the Atlas Blue, which is available in KR in the US, but not Canada, so opted for the Antimatter Blue.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:53 AM, Rangers09 said:

The KR colour options is another of the differences for Ford Canada. I also preferred the Atlas Blue, which is available in KR in the US, but not Canada, so opted for the Antimatter Blue.

This is something I will never fully understand. I get different brackets for bumper standards (pre-2015) and so on, but ultimately the color of the body, especially when produced in one of two places for both Canada and the US, should be the same. Having the CDN market and US market with different color choices makes zero sense to me. 

Anyway, we are facing down the real probability that our truck will be made into a 2023. If we are now looking at a KR, my wife and I are at odds of the color. I'm interested to see what the Antimatter Blue looks like "in the flesh". I have yet to see one.

6 hours ago, NoPistons said:

This is something I will never fully understand. I get different brackets for bumper standards (pre-2015) and so on, but ultimately the color of the body, especially when produced in one of two places for both Canada and the US, should be the same. Having the CDN market and US market with different color choices makes zero sense to me. 

Anyway, we are facing down the real probability that our truck will be made into a 2023. If we are now looking at a KR, my wife and I are at odds of the color. I'm interested to see what the Antimatter Blue looks like "in the flesh". I have yet to see one.

Unfortunately, the first Antimatter Blue I see will be my own truck, if it gets built.