BRONCO is now a "Nameplate' they should build

traxiii

A true Full Size Bronco, based on the Raptor F150. It would be easy to do, just open the back of the cab and add a removable rear hatch/cap. Call it the Bronco Grande, (good Ford name from the past) Bronco XL. It would give Ford an awesome off road capable vehicle for the growing Overland Community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traxiii said:

A true Full Size Bronco, based on the Raptor F150. It would be easy to do, just open the back of the cab and add a removable rear hatch/cap. Call it the Bronco Grande, (good Ford name from the past) Bronco XL. It would give Ford an awesome off road capable vehicle for the growing Overland Community.

When i 1st read this i thought you said 'Granada". LOL.  which is also a Ford name 

• ice-capades changed the title to BRONCO is now a "Nameplate' they should build
33 minutes ago, akirby said:

Bronco Max would be a better name I think, but not sure Ford has the production capacity or resources to put on it right now.

Agreed with the name. Seeing how the Expedition is based on the F-150, maybe the Bronco Max could be built at KTP in Louisville alongside the Expedition/Navigator? Not sure how full the plant is but they also make the Super Duty in another plant building on the property. I often times ridden by there in Louisville when visiting relatives during holidays as I like in central Kentucky, an hour and half drive away. The place does seem to have room for Bronco Max if they want to do this. I have wondered if Ford could simply move the Super Duty pickup to Ohio where the Super Duty Chassis Cab is made. This would free up space in the plant even more for the Bronco Max. The Bronco Max could be offered in both 2-door and 4-door and standard 4x4 to fit the BRONCO 4x4 branding. Whether or not the rear roof portion could be removable like the 'ol full-size Bronco of 1978-1996, the Bronco Max could be built and marketed as a more overlanding vehicle, as the OP suggested. Ford Authority recently quoted a Bronco team member as saying another variant with fixed roof (Land Rover fighter in mind) has not yet been ruled out. We'll see.

Edited to add: Seeing how we are almost into 2022, it's likely if Ford does the Bronco Max, it would have to be based on the upcoming TE1 platform architecture. The next F-150 and Expedition will soon be switching to that so would be logical to have Bronco Max be TE1-based and perhaps the first product to be built off it.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/ford-bronco-team-not-ruling-out-fixed-roof-upscale-model/

Edited by pffan1990