2022 Expedition - Limited 302A High Package Cost

bmag

32 minutes ago, bmag said:

That's not bad at all! Thank you.

What exactly is the heavy duty independent suspension that comes with that? How is it different than the standard?

I'd recommend reading the 2022 Expedition Order Guide that's available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at the top of the page. 

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'd recommend reading the 2022 Expedition Order Guide that's available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at the top of the page. 

That is what I have been looking at but it doesn't explain what the heavy duty independent suspension is.

Also, from the order guide, it looks like the 302A package can't even get black leather... This is ridiculous and could be a mistake. It shows only sandstone or mahogany for 302A. Have to get stealth packages or Platinum for black leather.

• 1 month later...

I've seen the prices for the various Expedition trim levels published on Ford Authority, but where can I find the prices for the equipment group packages (such as listed above)?

I'm looking at the Limited trim but wondering if tricking it out with several options will put me up near the Platinum price...

Specific prices I'd like to know are:

- Stealth Performance Package (304A)

- Advanced Cargo Manager

- HD Tow Package

- ControlTrac w/ eLSD

- Continuous Controlled Damping w/ Suspension Road Preview

- Sync 4A w/ the larger sized touchscreen and electronic display

- Floor Liners

I realize several of these items are carryovers from MY2021, I just wonder if the prices have gone up.

Thanks!

Edited by Mordedura
Accidentally submitted before I was done with the post...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 10:37 PM, Mordedura said:

I've seen the prices for the various Expedition trim levels published on Ford Authority, but where can I find the prices for the equipment group packages (such as listed above)?

I'm looking at the Limited trim but wondering if tricking it out with several options will put me up near the Platinum price...

Specific prices I'd like to know are:

- Stealth Performance Package (304A)

- Advanced Cargo Manager

- HD Tow Package

- ControlTrac w/ eLSD

- Continuous Controlled Damping w/ Suspension Road Preview

- Sync 4A w/ the larger sized touchscreen and electronic display

- Floor Liners

I realize several of these items are carryovers from MY2021, I just wonder if the prices have gone up.

Thanks!

I can help with some of these as I have been pricing a Limited 302A.  These are MSRP prices I have been given:

- Advanced Cargo Manager - $335  (up from $295 I think in prior years; not sure what this includes other than roof crossbars)

- HD Tow Package - $795 (same as before)

- Continuous Controlled Damping w/ Suspension Road Preview - $995 (same as before)

- Sync 4A w/ the larger sized touchscreen and electronic display - $795 (new)

As ice-capades mentioned, 302A is $1705, which is significantly less than in years prior.    Captains chairs are now standard, at least on Limiteds and above, too, instead of being a $595 option.

16 hours ago, ddakoske said:

I do not even see the Heavy Duty suspension mentioned on the 302a option on the Ford B&P site. Did anyone see it, or just in the order guide?

I don't even know what the Heavy Duty Suspension is to be honest.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

You guys can’t figure out what heavy duty suspension means?

I mean yes I understand the words heavy duty suspension. 

But not if it relates to load leveling or not? Seems strange that just 302a would have different suspension then all other variants of the vehicle. Unless it is the mysterious possible load leveling. 

I guess it's more theres no information on it since ford never released a vehicle with "heavy duty suspension" for the expy before.  I assume it's the load leveling, but ever since the original press material, there has been no mention of load leveling being offered and its not on the site at all.  How will it affect the ride of the vehicle?  I assume, that the current expy with 22s and no ccd rides mediocre, so is it to make it ride better, or to prevent the parts from overloading due to the weight of the wheels?Also, I understand that it has to do with the 22s, but ccd is opt on kr, but it doesn't get heavy duty suspension, why is that? Or does it?

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read the load leveling is just a rear sway bar, not ride height adjustment.  This was a thing in previous years and some folks specifically prefer the non heavy duty suspension for the better ride of having the rear wheels more independent of one another.

Also I've gathered that CCD is required for 22s to make up for the slightly harsher ride of the short side walls on the big wheels.  I personally would have preferred the 302a package without CCD because I want to do a lift with 33 in tires sort of like a timberline but there's no way to option a high-end limited that way.  I'm pretty sure a lift with new shocks will delete the CCD with no error codes (possibly have to disable it with ForScan) but it's a shame that I have to pay for it then toss it.

1 hour ago, langosta39 said:

From what I've read the load leveling is just a rear sway bar, not ride height adjustment.  This was a thing in previous years and some folks specifically prefer the non heavy duty suspension for the better ride of having the rear wheels more independent of one another.

Also I've gathered that CCD is required for 22s to make up for the slightly harsher ride of the short side walls on the big wheels.  I personally would have preferred the 302a package without CCD because I want to do a lift with 33 in tires sort of like a timberline but there's no way to option a high-end limited that way.  I'm pretty sure a lift with new shocks will delete the CCD with no error codes (possibly have to disable it with ForScan) but it's a shame that I have to pay for it then toss it.

@langosta39 CCD is optional on 302a. You do not have to add it. Here is order guide page. 

0158EA07-F37E-4C2E-AAAD-5F1A891555A9.png