Allocation Question

Denao_53

On 12/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, ice-capades said:

The retail order is still subject to commodity restraints, but the COVP verification generates incremental allocation and priority scheduling for orders that qualify and meet the scheduling criteria in effect at the time. 

I believe I understand most of the scheduling process (priorities, commodities, etc). We ordered a F-150 Platinum in August, and in November sometime it was changed from priority 19 to a priority 2. The dealer finally admitted to me that the reason it hasn't been scheduled isn't due to commodities (I was asking what we could change) but due to his dealerships lack of allocation. I got an email from Ford, so they are using the COVP, so how exactly does incremental allocation work if we are a priority 2 but he has been out of allocation since Nov 30th. Was the incremental allocation given in August and used then for another truck, or is the incremental allocation "tied" to my truck and supposed to allow it to be made when commodities and my priority allows, even if the dealer is out of "normal" allocation? It doesn't feel good that I have a pending PCO for $3500 that expires today and he doesn't get allocation until tomorrow he said. 

23 minutes ago, MtnSeeker said:

It doesn't feel good that I have a pending PCO for $3500 that expires today and he doesn't get allocation until tomorrow he said. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same PCO, and in reading the terms with my salesman, as long as the qualifying vehicle was ordered before today, it is going to be good.

2 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same PCO, and in reading the terms with my salesman, as long as the qualifying vehicle was ordered before today, it is going to be good.

Oh, I sure hope you are right. :) My dealer thought if I had a VIN before Jan 3rd it would be good.

I have to say Im on a number of really robust car forums with tons of enthusiasts, owners, and dealers and the information on this site is outstanding.  Ive ordered 3 cars and a boat for 2022 (including a F-150 Platinum) and the information on why things are delayed or difficult to understand is really helpful. My local dealers are all killing customers with 5-20K ADMs on retail trucks but everyone offers MSRP on orders.  I placed my truck order first week of November at Granger but aside from an email from Ford and the payment of a $1000 deposit Ive heard very little which is frustrating.  Now that Im thinking of cancelling and getting a F250 It really seems like a black hole but thanks again to the mods for making sense of it.....

• Like 1