Scheduling Emails 2022 Expedition

gravitycoaches

Just curious if anyone has received an email that their MY2022 Expedition has been scheduled?  I have watched anxiously the last few days since the schedule says they planned to start scheduling Thursday and have not yet received my coveted email.  BTW, I received the order received and confirmed email from Ford as I was walking  out of the dealership the day I ordered it ? 

2022 Platinum ordered 11/04/2021

I’m in the same boat as you. Ordered a platinum max on 11/12. Nothing yet, reached out to my dealer and they said none of their expedition orders have been pulled yet. Not much info out there other than ice capades updates. We are sharing an older Edge anxiously waiting for our family car.

Edited by Fordfam21

Ordered a 22 Platinum Max, HD tow package, eLSD, 22’s with CCD and second row bench seat with infinite blue exterior and Carmelo interior on December 7th. No scheduling e-mail here…

But I didn’t get an e-mail as I ordered either. Are such order confirmation e-mails a thing only in the USA? I have had an Aviator on order since early August… Never got an e-mail after placing the order… Dealership never had any information. Finally called Lincoln Canada around December 2nd to be told build week would be not before mid-February.

I am hoping the Expedition will show up first. Aside from the Aviator, I had been looking at Navigators, but I have to say, after driving an Aviator loaner for a few months, that I don’t like the 30-way seats. The wireless Car play and better (for me) seats made me go the Expedition route. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if the emails are USA only, sorry. I received an email within 24 hours of placing my order at the Lincoln dealer. 

I haven’t sat in an Aviator before, but I sure liked the Navigator seats. Maybe you need more “adjusting” ?

Seriously though, how many adjustments do you need?  My BMW is the same way. It took me weeks to get the seat right. After my first long drive in it I had terrible back pain. Eventually I did get it dialed in though.

I recently took my son’s new Mazda CX-5 on a long trip, 4 hours each way.  Fewer adjustments, but I had it perfect in less than a minute. 

On 12/11/2021 at 6:29 AM, ice-capades said:

2022MY Expedition and Navigator just started scheduling on Thursday, December 9th. 

And thank you for keeping us all up to date with the schedules!  The dealer promised 6 weeks when I ordered, and I knew from your information that there was no way that was happening, so I haven’t gotten anxious about it.

I have just been hoping since the first time (November) when they initially planned to schedule the MY2022 to get an email, and since they started last week I was watching closely for that email.  I have an 8,000 mile trip around the country scheduled and was really hoping to have the new Expedition before that, but I guess it will be a farewell trip in the Nissan Armada instead. Not a big deal, we will have the Expedition for the next trip.

Again, thank you for all the information you provide.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallDad said:

Ordered a 22 Platinum Max, HD tow package, eLSD, 22’s with CCD and second row bench seat with infinite blue exterior and Carmelo interior on December 7th. No scheduling e-mail here…

But I didn’t get an e-mail as I ordered either. Are such order confirmation e-mails a thing only in the USA? I have had an Aviator on order since early August… Never got an e-mail after placing the order… Dealership never had any information. Finally called Lincoln Canada around December 2nd to be told build week would be not before mid-February.

I am hoping the Expedition will show up first. Aside from the Aviator, I had been looking at Navigators, but I have to say, after driving an Aviator loaner for a few months, that I don’t like the 30-way seats. The wireless Car play and better (for me) seats made me go the Expedition route. 

i also didn’t get an order email. I’m in Canada too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xraymd said:

I haven’t sat in an Aviator before, but I sure liked the Navigator seats. Maybe you need more “adjusting” ?

Seriously though, how many adjustments do you need?  My BMW is the same way. It took me weeks to get the seat right. After my first long drive in it I had terrible back pain. Eventually I did get it dialed in though.

I recently took my son’s new Mazda CX-5 on a long trip, 4 hours each way.  Fewer adjustments, but I had it perfect in less than a minute. 

Exactly…It seems too many adjustments can be a bad thing. Agree with you for BMW: I had an X5 with the 20 way comfort seats and they were the most comfortable seats I ever had… but the later models CRV’s 12 way seats (Maybe similar to your CX5?) were a close second – more isn’t always better. 

The 30 way seat’s separation at mid back becomes a pressure point for me after 15-20 min, it was hard to see in a regular test drive… I think no amount of adjustments will fix that. Test drove a Platinum 21’ Expedition, had no issues. 

Sorry to all for the thread hijack, back to our scheduled scheduling discussion ?

18 minutes ago, Huntsw1 said:

I got a 2/14 build date as well. How long should it take to arrive at the dealership in Indiana?

my king ranch super duty was built this summer on a monday and it was at the dealership in indiana on wednesday

my lariat super duty was built and waited in kentucky for about 10 days before they shipped it to indiana, it arrived on the same truck as an expedition, so i think it was waiting to hitch a ride with that expedition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered on Nov 27 and got an order number, authorization number and tracking number the same day.  Today (Jan 4) I got a VIN number but the order tracker I used for my F350 last year that only required a VIN doesn't work and the new Ford site that asks for order number plus VIN says "unable to process this order" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I'm assuming I'm scheduled since I have a VIN but TBD!

9 hours ago, langosta39 said:

I ordered on Nov 27 and got an order number, authorization number and tracking number the same day.  Today (Jan 4) I got a VIN number but the order tracker I used for my F350 last year that only required a VIN doesn't work and the new Ford site that asks for order number plus VIN says "unable to process this order" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I'm assuming I'm scheduled since I have a VIN but TBD!

The scheduled production week is assigned at the time the order is scheduled and the VIN number assigned. Your Dealer has all the information. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, langosta39 said:

Interesting that you actually received the scheduling email and VIN.  While mine is scheduled according to the dealer, though I ordered 3 weeks before you and also got the initial confirmation email, I still didn't get a scheduling email ??‍♂️.  Not a big deal, just interesting that the emails seem to be inconsistent.

While I did get the initial confirmation email upon ordering I actually didn't get an email with the VIN but rather a text message from a random number that turned out to be my dealer.  The first message didn't have a date, but when I texted back inquiring they responded a day later (this morning actually) and gave me a build week of 2/21.