Anyone else order the console safe?

CBears

So I’m waiting like everyone else. I know about the spray in liner and tonneau cover problems but what about the console safe?  I ordered mine with the console safe. Are people having problems with those also or are there trucks coming in successfully with safes in them???

There’s a dealer selling the OEM safes on eBay for $280.  I looked at the instructions and it’s extremely easy to install (maybe 10-15 minutes).  I didn’t order mine with one, but I’m strongly considering adding it later.  I highly doubt it would cause you any delays.  

I was honestly going to order it but thought I would lose a bunch of the center console storage by having it.  Only after I ordered my truck did I find out it doesn’t take away from the volume of storage in the console.  That’s when I saw the YouTube videos and of how easy it is to install. I’m probably going to order one once my truck gets here.  

14 hours ago, manko said:

... I looked at the instructions and it’s extremely easy to install (maybe 10-15 minutes).  I didn’t order mine with one, but I’m strongly considering adding it later.  I highly doubt it would cause you any delays.  

No idea of who does factory install but while DIY is a 1/5 difficulty at best, for the first time install expect to spend a minimum of one hour.  Been there.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, doyall said:

The one I installed in my F-150 (and hope to re-install in my F-250 when delivered) only took half of the console area.  Looks like the factory version takes all the space.

Could you share your brand and model #.  I was planning to move mine before trade in but getting a half console sounds neat. 

1 hour ago, ThatGuy509 said:

Could you share your brand and model #.  I was planning to move mine before trade in but getting a half console sounds neat. 

Not sure of the brand but this is it.  https://www.americantrucks.com/e-g-center-console-lock-vault-1517.html

They do not have one listed for 2022 SD's but I am hoping it will fit mine.  The cabs of the 2015 - 2020 F-150's and the 2017 -2022 SD's are supposed to be the same and the Console Vault unit proper part number is the same for the F-150 and F-250 with the exception that the F-250 has an SD suffix.  I may be disappointed but I will try the install and make any modifications to the safe itself if necessary.

Edited by doyall

I did but removed from my build.  I wanted a half safe as to not lose full function of space in console.  

'22 MY F350 King Ranch Tremor

https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/console-vault-lock-for-2015-ford-f-150?_pos=2&_sid=1d97c38c6&_ss=r

Nick at Apollo-Optics is great to work with and will ship fast and get you taken care of.  

Edited by 22KRTremor

• 2 weeks later...