Chip Hold - Looking For Expert Knowledge

catastrofe

46 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

Not me...tracking still shows "In Production".

I did speak with Ford marketing and they told me I should be "optimistic" as my delivery ETA is still 12/20 and not "TBD".  My dealer pulled my VVR and it shows delivery between 12/19 and 12/25.

Nope.  Truck was in production on 12/11 and it had a build date of 12/10.  My dealer said it shows offsite and has delivery between 12/25 and 12/31.  I was able to add my vin to Fordpass today - whatever thats worth.

18 hours ago, catastrofe said:

I did speak with Ford marketing and they told me I should be "optimistic" as my delivery ETA is still 12/20 and not "TBD".  My dealer pulled my VVR and it shows delivery between 12/19 and 12/25.

How did you find out it was on "chip hold"? Ours has been "In Production for a week". Not sure what to expect.

51 minutes ago, stephb0020 said:

How did you find out it was on "chip hold"? Ours has been "In Production for a week". Not sure what to expect.

Notices are included in the Vehicle Visibility reports when the vehicle is on a chip hold. The "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold" notice appears in the ETA Disposition column at the far right of the report.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2021 at 1:57 PM,  catastrofe said: 

I can't even get my dealer to pull and show me an updated VVR. Talked to them in person today after texting him earlier in the day and he just said it's still In Production and would not show me updated VVR. On top of that, I just found out on another forum topic here that the Kentucky SD plant is down this week.  So if that IS true then it answers why I have no apparent status change.  I hope the comment about the KY plant being down is just someone messing with me.  Later.

Edited by bhidalgo63

34 minutes ago, waloud said:

We did run 2 days this week of Super Dutys.  Our frame supplier got hit with a power outage from the tornado last weekend.  From what I'm hearing, we will not run any more trucks until after the first of the year.

Not that I am accustomed to getting my news from Facebook, this does confirm a posting in the Super Duty group I’m in that spoke about a short layoff due to the tornadoes. The layoff was NOT for Ford, but rather a company that provides necessary components or services.

Edited by marinerjoe

31 minutes ago, Fireguy said:

That's bad news for those waiting to be built, but hopefully those on " chip Hold" will get completed and shipped...

Not only those waiting to be built, but also the ones that have actually moved into production this week only to now possibly be taken back out of production until after the first of the year :(

On 12/15/2021 at 11:57 AM, catastrofe said:

any update from your dealer? mine just says still on chip hold with an old ETA. My VVR shows delivery from 12/25 - 12/31 so its not updating

Edited by bheminger

37 minutes ago, bheminger said:

any update from your dealer? mine just says still on chip hold with an old ETA. My VVR shows delivery from 12/25 - 12/31 so its not updating

I received a "Built" email from Ford on 12/19, with the next step to be shipping and an ETA of 1/6.  I have not received an update stating it has shipped.  Haven't checked with my dealer as it's kind of moot at this point. 

29 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

I received a "Built" email from Ford on 12/19, with the next step to be shipping and an ETA of 1/6.  I have not received an update stating it has shipped.  Haven't checked with my dealer as it's kind of moot at this point. 

Ive been waiting for that built email, been in production since 12/7. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

My truck that was built on 12/8 then sidelined for "chip hold" has just been finished & preparing for shipment. (Received e-mail early this morning). For those of you on recent chip hold, there is hope - they are apparently working on chip hold trucks this week! 

11/1 order placed

11/1 order confirmed

11/18 scheduled for "build week" of 12/6 with vin

built 12/8 & put on chip hold

12/29 received built & preparing to ship e-mail 

22 F250 XL STX CCLB 4x4 3.55 6.7

Edited by txsd6.2
changed wording
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, txsd6.2 said:

My truck that was built on 12/8 then sidelined for "chip hold" has just been finished & preparing for shipment. (Received e-mail early this morning). For those of you on recent chip hold, there is hope - they are apparently working on chip hold trucks this week! 

11/1 order placed

11/1 order confirmed

I have the same truck and about the same timeline as you but still waiting on the chip. I have a priority code of 19 so maybe thats why mine hasnt come through yet. Weird you got the build email today cause I thought the plant was in a shut down. 

1 hour ago, txsd6.2 said:

11/1 order placed

11/1 order confirmed

There is no information available about whether work is being done on vehicles held for the microchip issue and/or being released for shipment during the plant holiday shutdown period. E-mail communications are not sent out real time.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There is no information available about whether work is being done on vehicles held for the microchip issue and/or being released for shipment during the plant holiday shutdown period. E-mail communications are not sent out real time.    

The "built" e-mail I got around 2:30am this morning said delivery ETA 1/8 - 1/14 & the tracker suddenly showed "built" on 12/28. Previously I was stuck in "in production" on the tracker status & ETA for delivery was 12/31. One would assume this means it was finished yesterday/today but who knows. 

9 hours ago, bheminger said:

I have the same truck and about the same timeline as you but still waiting on the chip. I have a priority code of 19 so maybe thats why mine hasnt come through yet. Weird you got the build email today cause I thought the plant was in a shut down. 

My order was submitted on 11/1 as a priority 19 as well. 

Edited by txsd6.2

On 12/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, waloud said:

We did run 2 days this week of Super Dutys.  Our frame supplier got hit with a power outage from the tornado last weekend.  From what I'm hearing, we will not run any more trucks until after the first of the year.

Can you add anything about the chip holds -- what items specifically are coming out out of stock that causes this, and how long have the waits been when this happens?  I'm sure anything you can share will be appreciated by those reading here...

8 hours ago, txsd6.2 said:

The "built" e-mail I got around 2:30am this morning said delivery ETA 1/8 - 1/14 & the tracker suddenly showed "built" on 12/28. Previously I was stuck in "in production" on the tracker status & ETA for delivery was 12/31. One would assume this means it was finished yesterday/today but who knows. 

All the plants have been down for the annual holiday break this week. 

6 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

Can you add anything about the chip holds -- what items specifically are coming out out of stock that causes this, and how long have the waits been when this happens?  I'm sure anything you can share will be appreciated by those reading here...

I'm guessing we have brought back about 5,000 trucks this week.  They have been repaired and inspected and sent out the gate to be shipped.  Not really sure which chip modules have come back.  As of last night the repairmen were installing 5 different chips.  I know one had to do with the radio and another was the knock sensor on diesel trucks.  We have been running 24/7 since Sunday morning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, waloud said:

I'm guessing we have brought back about 5,000 trucks this week.  They have been repaired and inspected and sent out the gate to be shipped.  Not really sure which chip modules have come back.  As of last night the repairmen were installing 5 different chips.  I know one had to do with the radio and another was the knock sensor on diesel trucks.  We have been running 24/7 since Sunday morning.

My truck has been on chip hold since 12/11 and yesterday the tracker shows it is built.  Thanks to everybody busting their hump to work through this backlog - I really appreciate it and I am sure everybody stuck on chip hold appreciates progress during the plant shutdown.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, waloud said:

That should be good news to anybody's ears.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1