Chip Hold - Looking For Expert Knowledge

catastrofe

4 hours ago, txsd6.2 said:

I know that was the published "plan" but conflicts with what myself and others are seeing with sudden completion/shipping this week and what waloud says below 

I know and appreciate Waloud's updates to work being done on the backlog of vehicles at his plant during the scheduled down time. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't communicate such actions with their Dealers, and I can only post the information that Ford releases. This makes input like this from Waloud, with direct knowledge, all the more valuable!

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, Ngwidener said:

Is it possible to show shipped but still be on a chip hold? Received shipping notification 12/9 but no update since. 

Cyberdman pulled my tracking info this morning.  My truck was shipped 12/30 and is currently west of st louis on a traincar.  The status also says on hold at plant microchip hold with all the railcar and ramp info.  There are a few trucks with this strange status. Have your dealer get the status off the VVR and see if you have a railcar.

20 minutes ago, fredrickhw said:

Cyberdman pulled my tracking info this morning.  My truck was shipped 12/30 and is currently west of st louis on a traincar.  The status also says on hold at plant microchip hold with all the railcar and ramp info.  There are a few trucks with this strange status. Have your dealer get the status off the VVR and see if you have a railcar.

Thanks for the info. My dealer says they don’t have any info other than it being in transit. I’m in GA so not terribly far from the plant so figure there must be something holding it up and not actually in transit. 

On 12/31/2021 at 5:02 AM, ice-capades said:

I know and appreciate Waloud's updates to work being done on the backlog of vehicles at his plant during the scheduled down time. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't communicate such actions with their Dealers, and I can only post the information that Ford releases. This makes input like this from Waloud, with direct knowledge, all the more valuable!

It's definitely nice to have several Ford/dealer people here contributing from their own unique vantage point.  Many thanks to @ice-capades, @waloud, and @cyberdman -- any any  others I'm not familiar with!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ngwidener said:

Is it possible to show shipped but still be on a chip hold? Received shipping notification 12/9 but no update since. 

Was on chip hold then I received the built email from ford on 12/29 and shipped email on 12/30. This morning I got an update cyberdman that was showing my truck in transit with ETA 1/19 but also on chip hold. Hoping its actually on its way. Wondering if the holidays have just slowed down the VVR from updating

13 minutes ago, bheminger said:

Was on chip hold then I received the built email from ford on 12/29 and shipped email on 12/30. This morning I got an update cyberdman that was showing my truck in transit with ETA 1/19 but also on chip hold. Hoping its actually on its way. Wondering if the holidays have just slowed down the VVR from updating

My ETA on the Ford tracker is still showing yesterday but I’ve yet to be able to verify whether or not it was on chip hold. 

6 hours ago, Ngwidener said:

My truck shows shipped with email from Ford on 12/30 but now on a chip hold in Ohio.  Built in KY now on a hold in OH.  Cyberman was just as confused by this status.  Not sure what to believe. 

24 minutes ago, Karebearz416 said:

My truck shows shipped with email from Ford on 12/30 but now on a chip hold in Ohio.  Built in KY now on a hold in OH.  Cyberman was just as confused by this status.  Not sure what to believe. 

Kinda makes it sound like their system isn’t up to date. I’m hoping if mine was on a hold it’ll have whatever it needs soon since I got the shipping email almost a month ago. 

9 hours ago, flufdiddy said:

Hopefully Ford can get more suppliers and get more parts in. 

Unfortunately, that's only part of the supply chain problems. Many of the delays are caused by shipping, such as the number of ships anchored off L/A waiting for a berth. Then factor in the lack of truck drivers.