Tired of being lied to

Browneyes033

So we ordered a F450 XLT was told then it should be in Sept or Oct. And here we are almost at week 35 with a 02 regional priority code and STILL NO BUILD DATE! I am getting so tired of being LIED to! I keep getting told don't change anything it will change your priority code back to a 19 you will get a build date in the next 2 weeks (that was first of Oct ) and 4 weeks passed and  I still didn't get a build date and again told the same thing don't change anything you will get a build date in the next few weeks!  So here I am a little week before Christmas 242 days into this and STILL NO BUILD DATE! You keep claiming commodities are my issues but F450's ordered way after mine (Aug,Sept and Oct) with the exact same commodities as mine are being built but they have Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum or Limited behind the F450 which make me think my xlt is not a priority because it is a high end truck! We have 1 more week to get a build date before Christmas but I am not going to hold my breath that I will have one or even get one anytime soon. This was supposed to be a birthday - anniversary present for my husband but both have come and gone. I am so broken hearted and pissed at this point I am not sure what to expect next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browneyes033 said:

So we ordered a F450 XLT was told then it should be in Sept or Oct. And here we are almost at week 35 with a 02 regional priority code and STILL NO BUILD DATE! I am getting so tired of being LIED to! I keep getting told don't change anything it will change your priority code back to a 19 you will get a build date in the next 2 weeks (that was first of Oct ) and 4 weeks passed and  I still didn't get a build date and again told the same thing don't change anything you will get a build date in the next few weeks!  So here I am a little week before Christmas 242 days into this and STILL NO BUILD DATE! You keep claiming commodities are my issues but F450's ordered way after mine (Aug,Sept and Oct) with the exact same commodities as mine are being built but they have Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum or Limited behind the F450 which make me think my xlt is not a priority because it is a high end truck! We have 1 more week to get a build date before Christmas but I am not going to hold my breath that I will have one or even get one anytime soon. This was supposed to be a birthday - anniversary present for my husband but both have come and gone. I am so broken hearted and pissed at this point I am not sure what to expect next.

Sounds like you need a new dealer, or at least force your dealer to provide proper customer service. 

As you will read on this and other forums, the dealer assigns a Priority between 10 and 19. It defaults to 19, if the dealer doesn't make any changes. When in the dealer's unscheduled order bank, you can make changes to options without affecting your priority, when it is between 10 & 19. I have made a couple of changes to my F-450 KR, which was ordered in August.

I would also be asking your dealer how many SD's he has ahead of yours and why he hasn't contacted the Regional Ford Manager to get your Priority changed to 1 or 2. Once your Priority is changed to 1 or 2 any changes must be actioned by Ford, or your priority defaults back to 10.

Good luck with your dealer.

Edited by Rangers09
  • Like 2

Nobody is lying.  Normally your truck would have been built a couple of months ago.  If a truck is at priority 2 and hasn’t been built then there is some part that isn’t available.  It sucks but you can’t build what you don’t have.

Edited by akirby

6 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Sounds like you need a new dealer, or at least force your dealer to provide proper customer service. 

As you will read on this and other forums, the dealer assigns a Priority between 10 and 19. It defaults to 19, if the dealer doesn't make any changes. When in the dealer's unscheduled order bank, you can make changes to options without affecting your priority, when it is between 10 & 19. I have made a couple of changes to my F-450 KR, which was ordered in August.

I would also be asking your dealer how many SD's he has ahead of yours and why he hasn't contacted the Regional Ford Manager to get your Priority changed to 1 or 2. Once your Priority is changed to 1 or 2 any changes must be actioned by Ford, or your priority defaults back to 10.

Good luck with your

My dealer has sent emails and made phone calls to Ford Regional managers and Ford is the one that made my priority code a 2 and it has been a regional priority code 2 for over 3 months and still not built

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Nobody is lying.  Normally your truck would have been built a couple of months ago.  If a truck is at priority 2 and hasn’t been built then there is some part that isn’t available.  It sucks but you can’t build what you don’t have.

Then why are trucks with the exact parts as mine are being built 

18 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

My dealer has sent emails and made phone calls to Ford Regional managers and Ford is the one that made my priority code a 2 and it has been a regional priority code 2 for over 3 months and still not built

Because there is some commodity constraint that still applies to your order preventing scheduling. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

And you know that how? Because of some post you read from someone else? There is some commodity constraint that still applies to your order preventing scheduling. Those issues would be listed on the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that your Dealer has access to.   

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

You do t know that they’re the exact same truck as yours.  Colors can be different, options might be different.  There is no conspiracy to build other trucks and skip yours.  Priority 2 says Ford will do everything possible to build your truck.  If it doesn’t happen then there is a parts issue.  Period.  You can get mad and blame afford but that won’t get it built any faster.

• Like 5

F450 in particular have had a rough go, there was shortages on the boxes, and there is a current shortage on the standard option wheels. There is also ongoing issues with fifth wheel prep package and spray in bedliner across all superdutys. 

Im not sure where you are seeing all these late order F450's being built, because the reality is very few are getting built.

You are not being lied to, more that the situation is very fluid currently and nobody can predict the future right now. If you are already an 02 then your dealer has done everything in their power to get your truck built, and its at the top of fords priority list to build as soon as they have the parts required.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, ice-capades said:

And you know that how? Because of some post you read from someone else? There is some commodity constraint that still applies to your order preventing scheduling. Those issues would be listed on the AM Scheduling Preview Reports that your Dealer has access to.   

What is the AM Scheduling Preview Report? Is it specific to each order like the vvr? Apologize if this may have been covered before new to site.

14 hours ago, F350 PLAT LB SRW said:

What is the AM Scheduling Preview Report? Is it specific to each order like the vvr? Apologize if this may have been covered before new to site.

The AM Scheduling Preview Report is generated each Tuesday - Thursday and shows every vehicle in the dealerships USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). For vehicle lines that the Dealer has allocation, it shows the orders that will be selected for scheduling that Thursday along with the expected production week. Ford orders not "previewing" as being selected for scheduling, the AM Preview Scheduling Report also shows applicable commodity and plant constraints applicable to each individual order but only shows that information for vehicle lines that the Dealer has allocation that week. The report is updated each day to reflect any changes in commodity or plant constraints. 

Scheduling is normally done on Thursday but verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. Scheduling confirmation, VIN numbers and assigned production week information is available in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system as soon as the order is scheduled. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The AM Scheduling Preview Report is generated each Tuesday - Thursday and shows every vehicle in the dealerships USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). For vehicle lines that the Dealer has allocation, it shows the orders that will be selected for scheduling that Thursday along with the expected production week. Ford orders not "previewing" as being selected for scheduling, the AM Preview Scheduling Report also shows applicable commodity and plant constraints applicable to each individual order but only shows that information for vehicle lines that the Dealer has allocation that week. The report is updated each day to reflect any changes in commodity or plant constraints. 

Scheduling is normally done on Thursday but verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time. Scheduling confirmation, VIN numbers and assigned production week information is available in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system as soon as the order is scheduled. 

Is it wrong for us to be asking our dealerships for this information? I feel like if I ask, I’m prying for information that they’re for some reason not giving me. I have a F450 on order, and I’ve seen your notes every week about commodity issues, but I have no idea how many allocations my dealer has or what they are seeing as commodity constraints on their end. When I called to remove AS, bedliner, and tonneau cover, the regional rep said to remove the tonneau cover and AS only. They weren’t showing the bedliner as an issue. But I’ve read here that the bedliner has been an issue for a while. I don’t want to keep prying for info, but I’m looking for some info

1 hour ago, EA1205 said:

Is it wrong for us to be asking our dealerships for this information? I feel like if I ask, I’m prying for information that they’re for some reason not giving me. I have a F450 on order, and I’ve seen your notes every week about commodity issues, but I have no idea how many allocations my dealer has or what they are seeing as commodity constraints on their end. When I called to remove AS, bedliner, and tonneau cover, the regional rep said to remove the tonneau cover and AS only. They weren’t showing the bedliner as an issue. But I’ve read here that the bedliner has been an issue for a while. I don’t want to keep prying for info, but I’m looking for some info

The F-450's always take longer than the F-250/F-350's to get scheduled and the situation this past year has been worse because of the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, etc. Ford is doing everything possible to get retail orders scheduled, produced and shipped to customers. Even though there are some long-standing commodity constraints, Ford is restricting availability to retail factory orders for the rest of the 2022 Model Year in order to meet the demand. The Dealer doesn't need to know that you know about the AM Preview Scheduling Reports and the information that's included. The Dealer may or may not actually talked to their Ford Zone Manager about your specific order, but the commodity issues have existed all year. Options like the Spray-In Bedliner and Tonneau Cover, that are done off-site have been an issue for a long time due to demand but can easily be done with aftermarket suppliers. I do not recommend deleting options like the Active Steering if it's something that the customer has a strong desire or need for. 

The scheduling process has become substantially more complex in the past 2 years due to a number of factors including the large volume of retail factory orders. Adding to the problem is the large number of customers changing their vehicle specifications in an attempt to troubleshoot the situation and get their orders scheduled sooner. Believe me, I understand and am sympathetic to the situation having dealt with order and scheduling management for 35 years! It's not a big problem for unscheduled orders but scheduled orders are getting "locked in" for production much earlier than usual. For scheduled orders not "locked in" for production, if the plant approves a change to the specifications, the plant has to re-configure/re-sequence the production schedule in order to accommodate the change. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The F-450's always take longer than the F-250/F-350's to get scheduled and the situation this past year has been worse because of the microchip shortages, commodity and plant constraints, etc. Ford is doing everything possible to get retail orders scheduled, produced and shipped to customers. Even though there are some long-standing commodity constraints, Ford is restricting availability to retail factory orders for the rest of the 2022 Model Year in order to meet the demand. The Dealer doesn't need to know that you know about the AM Preview Scheduling Reports and the information that's included. The Dealer may or may not actually talked to their Ford Zone Manager about your specific order, but the commodity issues have existed all year. Options like the Spray-In Bedliner and Tonneau Cover, that are done off-site have been an issue for a long time due to demand but can easily be done with aftermarket suppliers. I do not recommend deleting options like the Active Steering if it's something that the customer has a strong desire or need for. 

The scheduling process has become substantially more complex in the past 2 years due to a number of factors including the large volume of retail factory orders. Adding to the problem is the large number of customers changing their vehicle specifications in an attempt to troubleshoot the situation and get their orders scheduled sooner. Believe me, I understand and am sympathetic to the situation having dealt with order and scheduling management for 35 years! It's not a big problem for unscheduled orders but scheduled orders are getting "locked in" for production much earlier than usual. For scheduled orders not "locked in" for production, if the plant approves a change to the specifications, the plant has to re-configure/re-sequence the production schedule in order to accommodate the change. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you sir. I appreciate all of your help reading your replies to everyone. When you say “locked in”, I’m assuming that means having a VIN and a build date on the books correct? 

I understand it’s going to take a while, I’m just as frustrated and anxious as everyone else though. It’s hard to see most of these issues stemming from the inability of trucks to get into the ports to move containers because their trucks are “too old”. 

11 minutes ago, EA1205 said:

Thank you sir. I appreciate all of your help reading your replies to everyone. When you say “locked in”, I’m assuming that means having a VIN and a build date on the books correct? 

I understand it’s going to take a while, I’m just as frustrated and anxious as everyone else though. It’s hard to see most of these issues stemming from the inability of trucks to get into the ports to move containers because their trucks are “too old”. 

No. The VIN number and initial production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. "Locked In" means that the vehicle specifications are locked in as ordered for production and no changes can be made. 

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No. The VIN number and initial production week are assigned at the time the order is scheduled. "Locked In" means that the vehicle specifications are locked in as ordered for production and no changes can be made. 

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn’t aware of the difference. I’m hopeful to get this thing built and not have to push to MY23. 

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's still early so, give it time and communicate with your Dealer for updates. 

That’s the plan. I’m brand loyal, so I’ll be waiting it out. Thanks again sir

Edited by EA1205
  • Like 1

There seems to be two different type of people on the forum, those who constantly complain and find any reason to either blame Ford or their dealer for what’s going on right now with all of the scheduling or production delays. Ford is lying to them, the dealer is lying them, both are lying to them. 

The second type is someone like me.  i am waiting to be scheduled for almost 5 months. I understand the situation is difficult right now and life is not always fair with different regions, different dealer allocations, different unscheduled order bank numbers at individual dealer, commodity constrains, huge unprecedented overall superduty order bank, part shortages and supply chain delays. Etc, etc, etc. i’m not blaming either Ford or my dealer, i simply follow weekly release notes, try to drop the commodity constrains that might delay me and continue to wait my turn. Sooner or later i will get scheduled like everyone else does eventually, patience is virtue.

There are literally thousands of orders sitting at 02 priority right now waiting for one commodity or another to clear. My dealer alone has over a hundred SD orders that are at 02. Now multiply that by all the dealerships and retail orders in the country. See the problem for what it really is.

So no, nobody is lying to you. And it is not the end of the world if your husband doesn’t get his birthday present truck in time for his birthday. He’ll be happy when he gets it during these Covid years.

Edited by BigDutyDiesel
Spelling
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1